Rosemary MacCabe

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I guess we are so used to receiving written content for free that when we are asked (or invited to) pay for it, we kind of find it cheeky? Like when things are behind paywalls, I automatically click out and try to find the same story where it’s free. But at the end of the day she is a writer and this is how she earns her money. And at least she can write well, which is more than I can say for most of them on Instagram. At least she isn’t linking to pretty little thing tat that she’ll never wear or doing sponsored ads with spotshite and other crap. She seems to have boundaries and principles where that is concerned.

And so if she wants to charge for her writing and others are happy to support that so she can stay at home with her baby, then what of it? It’s no different to others talking complete scutter down a mic and charging for it on patreon. If people are happy to support her and they get something in return then it’s a win win. I don’t see why anyone would have an issue with it. It’s not a summons.

Reactions: 19
I doubt she's making very much money at all tbh, writing isn't lucrative for the vast amount of people and she's not gone the easy-money shite ads / hashtag spons route, so I'd give her a nod for doing it with integrity.

Reactions: 10
I pay for her writing & enjoy it. I also like her and couldn’t give a rats how she spends her money. However I have been thinking the paid for articles are thin on the ground lately.. I think 5th of June and the previous one was May 13th. But lots of free articles in between 🤷🏻‍♀️(Aware she was on holidays)

Reactions: 6
I had a baby not long after Rosemary and I’m lucky to be in a position not to have to go back to work for over a year. I felt bad for her, seeing her only taking a very short maternity leave, and writing and trying to finish her book with a newborn. I suppose in her line of work, it would be hard disappear offline for too long when you rely on subscribers, even if maternity leave was better supported in the US.

I occasionally read her free articles but wouldn’t read enough to subscribe. I pay for the podcast. She’s probably the only person I follow that I’d click an affiliate link for!

Reactions: 5
I didn’t follow Rosemary back in the day so am enjoying her stories today re: past interactions with influencers! Fair play to her, but like lolling at the gossies sending a solicitors letter because she said Irish awards are shite?!
And do we know who the blogger who called about not caring about followers? So sue ?

Reactions: 9
I didn’t follow Rosemary back in the day so am enjoying her stories today re: past interactions with influencers! Fair play to her, but like lolling at the gossies sending a solicitors letter because she said Irish awards are shite?!
And do we know who the blogger who called about not caring about followers? So sue ?
Just came on here to say her stories today are gold 🙌🙌 i was guessing its so sue aswell?

Reactions: 5
LOL she's definitely one of us. Rosemary confirming the suspected blogger geebags are in fact geebags. The Gossies sending a solicitor's letter :LOL: they're a hape of shite, Rosemary is dead right. And Joanne Larby blocking her - I'd consider that a compliment, she's blocked everyone except the fake followers she bought that don't see right through her bs because they are literal bots.

Reactions: 14
I burst out laughing at 'duck you Pippa'. I'd love to have a pint with her, she's so unapologetically herself.

Reactions: 14
Absolutely loving her stories today.

It's watching content like that, that really reminds me how stupid and petty the whole influencer world is. G'wan RMC!

Reactions: 10
Love Rosemary… I didn’t expect to enjoy the not without my sister pods but they are v funny

Reactions: 8
Love Rosemary, always have but she blocked me for some unknown reason a few years ago, I never spoke a bad word to her.

I listen to Not without my sister and it's brilliant 😊

I definitely prefer Rosemary over Beatrice, you'd need alot of patience with a sister like her 🙊😂

Love Rosemary, always have but she blocked me for some unknown reason a few years ago, I never spoke a bad word to her.

I listen to Not without my sister and it's brilliant 😊

I definitely prefer Rosemary over Beatrice, you'd need alot of patience with a sister like her 🙊😂
Wouldn’t be a fan of either but definitely find Beatrice less irritating

Reactions: 2