Rosanna Davison

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She didn’t “buy” a baby, they baby was one of her own frozen embryos. A surprise, as in surprised the pregnancy was successful, isn’t the same thing as an accident. And I don’t think she said the boys were an accident. She has other frozen embryos so of course she has the choice to use them if she wishes or try naturally again. Anyone who has frozen embryos has that luxury. Anyone who doesn’t have fertility issues has that choice. How has taken advantage of her pregnancy losses? She was already famous.
I would call someone who has rented out a disadvantaged, probably uneducated, woman's body to carry a child, whoever owns the cells, as buying a baby. You can dress it up any way you like. Please read up about the agencies and the way the poor victims are used from the country she got her first child, before anything else. Money bought her this child, regardless of who owns what. Privileged she may be, but far from ethical.

Reactions: 6
I can see surrogacy becoming more prevalent in the coming years and not in a good way in a privileged way there's alot we don't know about it and it is a prey on vulnerable women who have no other choice due to circumstances unfortunately alot of these couples now never want to meet the surrogate so who knows how they have been treated.

Reactions: 8
I can see surrogacy becoming more prevalent in the coming years and not in a good way in a privileged way there's alot we don't know about it and it is a prey on vulnerable women who have no other choice due to circumstances unfortunately alot of these couples now never want to meet the surrogate so who knows how they have been treated.
I think surrogacy is creepy and exploitative AF. No offence to Rosanna, she seems like a great mum & deserves happiness.

Just saw a headline somewhere this morning, Rosanna hasn't ruled out having a 4th child....

Which begs the question...was her inability to have children really an issue?

Sounds more and more like a publicity stunt.
Sorry now but I think having 14 miscarriages is really an issue! Whatever your opinion is on Rosanna and her choices and priviliages, making a comment like that about a woman having 14 miscarriages is wrong in my opinion!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I think surrogacy is creepy and exploitative AF. No offence to Rosanna, she seems like a great mum & deserves happiness.
While I agree, she deserves happiness, everyone does, but in this instance she has happiness at the expense of a poor woman and family, and now running it in everyone's faces by being so brazen bout it.

Sorry now but I think having 14 miscarriages is really an issue! Whatever your opinion is on Rosanna and her choices and priviliages, making a comment like that about a woman having 14 miscarriages is wrong in my opinion!
Reoccurring miscarriages are a cause for concern, after the amount she's had, no physician would encourage her to keep on going. Not saying it's not true, but it really does bring up the question who let her off, and after her surrogate, she continued to carry on. Something doesn't sit right.

Reactions: 5
I would call someone who has rented out a disadvantaged, probably uneducated, woman's body to carry a child, whoever owns the cells, as buying a baby. You can dress it up any way you like. Please read up about the agencies and the way the poor victims are used from the country she got her first child, before anything else. Money bought her this child, regardless of who owns what. Privileged she may be, but far from ethical.
Well then you have a strange definition of buying a baby 🤷🏼‍♀️ The baby is genetically her own and she paid a woman to carry it for her for 9 months. She paid for the use of the woman’s body for a period of time. Also we don’t own our kids, we are their guardians until they can legally look after themselves. I never commented on the ethic of surrogacy one way or the other.

While I agree, she deserves happiness, everyone does, but in this instance she has happiness at the expense of a poor woman and family, and now running it in everyone's faces by being so brazen bout it.

Reoccurring miscarriages are a cause for concern, after the amount she's had, no physician would encourage her to keep on going. Not saying it's not true, but it really does bring up the question who let her off, and after her surrogate, she continued to carry on. Something doesn't sit right.
Sounds like you are saying she's lying?
Who let her? She owns her body! She didn't need permission to try get pregnant. Her desire to carry a baby and be a mother was what made her carry on.
I don't know the nature of the miscarriages or the reasons for them, but I'm sure that was something she discussed with her doctor.
The only thing not sitting right with me is your distorted view on it all, but each to their own opinion!
And before you send me to the rave thread, I am not a Rosanna fan, I have unfollowed her on Instagram as she doesn't offer things I want to see on my feed!

Well then you have a strange definition of buying a baby 🤷🏼‍♀️ The baby is genetically her own and she paid a woman to carry it for her for 9 months. She paid for the use of the woman’s body for a period of time. Also we don’t own our kids, we are their guardians until they can legally look after themselves. I never commented on the ethic of surrogacy one way or the other.
Whatever way you look at it, she paid an agency to get an embryo implanted into a disadvantaged woman, hopefully said woman was was over 18. A woman who stopped her life for 10 months, and grew that baby, regardless of where the cells came from. She USED and PAID for the service and production of a baby. Not a friend, not a sibling, not a volunteer. She bought a service, therefore bought a baby.
If you don't think that's buying a baby, you've got a weird understanding of surrogacy.

Reactions: 1
I get that, but it gets annoying showing her wain’s legs/ head cut off all the time. Just don’t show the kids at all.
I agree with this, not showing their face is 100% correct. BUT her (and others) still want to use them for content so share with an emoji head... it's head wrecking. Don't do it at all!!

Whatever way you look at it, she paid an agency to get an embryo implanted into a disadvantaged woman, hopefully said woman was was over 18. A woman who stopped her life for 10 months, and grew that baby, regardless of where the cells came from. She USED and PAID for the service and production of a baby. Not a friend, not a sibling, not a volunteer. She bought a service, therefore bought a baby.
If you don't think that's buying a baby, you've got a weird understanding of surrogacy.
Ok Frilly, whatever you say 👍🏻

Reactions: 4
The legalities of surrogacy in Ireland make it very difficult to have a friend/relative carry the baby for you. There were two friends on the Tommy Tiernan show recently and they explained it very well. There was a lot of red tape they had to through and even still, the women Who carried the baby is seen as the legal mother which is just madness.

it’s a huge area that that needs vast improvement in Ireland.. as does adoption here. It’s certainly a very complicated process either way and not easy to simplify In a sweeping statement. If we had a better system here then some mothers wouldn’t need to look to foreign countries at all.

• Heart
I agree with this, not showing their face is 100% correct. BUT her (and others) still want to use them for content so share with an emoji head... it's head wrecking. Don't do it at all!!
It has to be one of the most annoying thing influencers do. “Don’t look at my kid! But look at my kid!”

What is someone has no money for ivf or surrogacy what about them? Or is it only for the privileged?
I think it should be open to everyone to get help these clinics are a business its so sad really and unfair to many.

What is someone has no money for ivf or surrogacy what about them? Or is it only for the privileged?
I think it should be open to everyone to get help these clinics are a business its so sad really and unfair to many.
These clinics are only open to those who can afford it. To pay extortionate fees to agencies who find underprivileged young women, some who have a family to feed, to incubate a baby for them. The reason the fees are so high is because it's unethical and they can charge what they like to people desperate enough to have a baby. Some surrogacies charge in the region of €30k+ with very little going to the woman being used.
There really shouldn't be a debate about providing surrogacy to all for low fees, it's an unethical practice and usually the disadvantaged loose out.
But IVF assistance should be made more attainable for sure.

Reactions: 7
These clinics are only open to those who can afford it. To pay extortionate fees to agencies who find underprivileged young women, some who have a family to feed, to incubate a baby for them. The reason the fees are so high is because it's unethical and they can charge what they like to people desperate enough to have a baby. Some surrogacies charge in the region of €30k+ with very little going to the woman being used.
There really shouldn't be a debate about providing surrogacy to all for low fees, it's an unethical practice and usually the disadvantaged loose out.
But IVF assistance should be made more attainable for sure.
Surrogacy is totally unethical. There’s a reason it’s not permitted in this country.

sometimes it’s the only way women can have a baby so I think it’s fine personally
Wow, you must have no issue with children working in third world countries making fast fashion so because it's basically the same thing, you don't care about these women being used as long as the, usually wealthy or privileged, get a baby, regardless of who is being used. Obviously no morals🙄

Reactions: 3
Wow, you must have no issue with children working in third world countries making fast fashion so because it's basically the same thing, you don't care about these women being used as long as the, usually wealthy or privileged, get a baby, regardless of who is being used. Obviously no morals🙄
Children being forced into child slavery is an issue completely unrelated to Rosanna Davison using a surrogacy agency to have a child.

You make fair points regarding surrogacy in some countries and maybe setting up a thread to discuss it further will benefit people who may not have the knowledge you do on the subject.

If this thread keeps getting derailed it will be closed and then we won’t be able discuss anything.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I have 2 friends who have had babies using a surrogate. I think the comments on here are generally lacking in empathy. Neither of my friends are in any way well off, one has sold her house and moved in with her in laws to afford it, one has remortgaged to the hilt. They both tried and had years of treatment, loss and heartbreak to get to the point of surrogacy. Both have a close and ongoing relationship with their surrogate. Yes, often these women come from socio economic disadvantage and it's open up abuse, but they choose to do this partly because it allows them to create a much better life for this children, and also partly because they are proud to be able to help a family have a much loved child. I also know a couple of American ladies who became surrogates for no financial gain, only because they knew what a gift it was, how privileged they are to find pregnancy easy when it alludes many. I have talked to them about how it's their proudest achievement. Surely we need to credit women with the intelligence to make decisions about their own bodies. All paid work is using some part of our bodies or minds for the use of others, is it a bit hypocritical to feel every other use of our bodies is fine but using out uterus to grow a child is some sort of forced bondage. For those critical of surrogacy, I suspect you may have a different or at least more informed opinion, if you, or your daughter, or your best friend went through the heartache that many people are encountering every day. No-one (or at least almost no-one) chooses to have someone else carry their child, to see someone else's bump grow, to worry about them from thousands of miles away.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.