Rochelle Humes #2 Read the room?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well apparently she said she decided to show them as her girls were asking why they weren’t on her Instagram but their cousins were 🙄
Imagine your 6/7 year old child being jealous of their cousin for being plastered all over social media and asking why they can’t have the same and you just go ok no problem, il share you with my millions of followers if you really want me to. If this story she has told about this is true then it’s very sad and even worse that she responded in such a way without giving consideration to her children’s right to privacy, which clearly she is aware of since she tried to protect it for so long. I imagine this story is bullshit and her children dont give a tit about being on Instagram but that doesn’t matter because content and money!

Reactions: 8
I didn't know they were actually blood related, thought their kids just called them auntie for respect
Their thread on here suggested that they were cousins, both Ella and Marv's grandma have the same last name

Well apparently she said she decided to show them as her girls were asking why they weren’t on her Instagram but their cousins were 🙄
And this ask just so happened to coincide with the launch of My Little Coco ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Just why show her 7year old in the bath,just why,why,why show herself in the bath,it's kind of perverse-that's a shocking thing for a mum to do.

Reactions: 5
She said on This Morning that until she was approached to do the socimental
Imagine your 6/7 year old child being jealous of their cousin for being plastered all over social media and asking why they can’t have the same and you just go ok no problem, il share you with my millions of followers if you really want me to. If this story she has told about this is true then it’s very sad and even worse that she responded in such a way without giving consideration to her children’s right to privacy, which clearly she is aware of since she tried to protect it for so long. I imagine this story is bullshit and her children dont give a tit about being on Instagram but that doesn’t matter because content and money!
I agree and you could have a private one for your pals and share them on that only, no need t be sharing to millions of followers - unless it’s for money & content!!

Reactions: 3
Can I be very honest, I am also a mixed race woman. Same mix as Rochelle, black and white. But I feel like we should not include mixed race people in certain topics, we should not be combined in black topics/matters. Combining mixed and black people together causing nothing but problems, America is an example of that. Mixed race people do not face the same issues as black people. We share black genetics, we can pass for black, we can be treated like the same by racists. Overall, we aren't the same.

There should be support from mixed people for black people. But black topics aren't ours.

This is why I think we need more black people, full black women in these positions. Relying on us mixed race men and women, given the fact that most of us end up with non-black partners most of the time (I've noticed this). Mixed people tend to give less thought on the matters. And this is why I get annoyed when I see a mixed person in a black place in movies, tv shows ect. More representation could do wonders for the black community, not mixed people. Obama was a very good example. He's done nothing to even benefit the black American community.

I think she looks
Can I be very honest, I am also a mixed race woman. Same mix as Rochelle, black and white. But I feel like we should not include mixed race people in certain topics, we should not be combined in black topics/matters. Combining mixed and black people together causing nothing but problems, America is an example of that. Mixed race people do not face the same issues as black people. We share black genetics, we can pass for black, we can be treated like the same by racists. Overall, we aren't the same.

There should be support from mixed people for black people. But black topics aren't ours.

This is why I think we need more black people, full black women in these positions. Relying on us mixed race men and women, given the fact that most of us end up with non-black partners most of the time (I've noticed this). Mixed people tend to give less thought on the matters. And this is why I get annoyed when I see a mixed person in a black place in movies, tv shows ect. More representation could do wonders for the black community, not mixed people. Obama was a very good example. He's done nothing to even benefit the black American community.
I would agree with this but the stats do affect mixed race women as well - they are 3 times more likely to die than White women. It's not a Black only issue, however sadly, Black women have it worse than anyone else. I don't think Rochelle is as interested in the whole thing as she's leading people to think she is. I think someone like zoe Williams, a mixed race pregnant doctor/presenter would have been a better pick, or if they wanted to continue with the 'choosing someone completely detached from the issue' perhaps someone used to doing serious docs like Louis theroux or reggie yates

Reactions: 9
I would agree with this but the stats do affect mixed race women as well - they are 3 times more likely to die than White women. It's not a Black only issue, however sadly, Black women have it worse than anyone else. I don't think Rochelle is as interested in the whole thing as she's leading people to think she is. I think someone like zoe Williams, a mixed race pregnant doctor/presenter would have been a better pick, or if they wanted to continue with the 'choosing someone completely detached from the issue' perhaps someone used to doing serious docs like Louis theroux or reggie yates

I am aware.

But they are specifically directing the issue to black women, I mean I understand Rochelle should have taken more of an interest. I get that. But when you have the offer given to a black woman first for an issue solely being pointed to black women and that opportunity is then given to a mixed race woman. It feels as if black women, black women's voices have been cheated.

We need separate spaces for black and mixed race women. There I said it.

And we need more representation for black women to have that voice. Mixed women should not be that voice.

Reactions: 10
But when you have the offer given to a black woman first for an issue solely being pointed to black women and that opportunity is then given to a mixed race woman.
That's not what happened though. I know some people feel bad for Candice but most of us know now that she twisted things up a little. She was never offered anything first and replaced by a lighter skinned woman. The production company talking to her about a show simply didn't get the gig by C4. Rochelle was commissioned to do the programme from early last year. I'm not a fan of Rochelle but I'm certainly not a fan of candice either. C4 just didn't see her prpgramme as a better fit, perhaps because of her sexual exploitation of women in the past, rather than the hue of her skin. But Candy has jumped on that because of course, any time she feels she misses out on something, it's down to colurism (which I'm not denying exists by the way, I've lived it) all this sympathy for Candice passes me off - if she was truly 'for the cause' she wouldn't have boycotted the show (that she was never going to present anyway) discussing topics that she's 'so passionate about'
Re separate spaces, yes there should be spaces for Black women to speak and things are improving now with many more outlets for them. For Mixed race women, there needs to be more, especially as often mixed race people aren't fully accepted by Black, Asian or white communities.

Reactions: 8
@Beyondbored agreed 💯

I think black people are now over represented on tv adverts. If you watch any ad breaks at peak time on itv you now see a black face. It’s almost like the brands had a meeting with senior management and said ok let’s put a black face in our adverts. That will fix it.

How can a minority group now be heavily represented in one area? Surely they should apply some balance? The real difference is when you see an equally qualified Black person appointed at senior management level at these companies.

I’m
Mixed race, I grew up in a white area. I only started looking into this topic as an adult. I am looking in and I’m disappointed that despite everything people like Rochelle are getting roles based on how they look - not their skills.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Was all that fish #gifted?? As no mention of it.

Enough fish to feed an army, it's so expensive most can't afford it, yet here's Roch showing us all with no thought at all for her followers who I'm sure many are finding times hard atm.

Read the F'ing room you spoiled brat.

Reactions: 7
She could also have just started a separate private one for family only if it was true.

Reactions: 3
Omg!!! Was she able to get a bath alone? Didnt think was possible.

Reactions: 1
Why is she taking about just starting the weaning journey?

Didn’t people spot Blake being fed food in the background of one of her videos a while ago?

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.