Roadside Mum

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What the duck? So her grandad was a Tory MP?! Do we know of any Irish or Romani or other traveller elected MPs…?!

Agree with Hotes this is giving off big MC hippy mum vibes.
Her grandad is DEAD!!

I've never heard of any GRT MPs, but if there were, I doubt very much they would be Tory... 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Wow she’s gone from British, to “not Scottish yet” that’s it I’m convinced she’s a white middle class drop out who grew dreads and forgot to leave Glastonbury
Do you remember the short lived TV series 'Jam and Jerusalem '?
It was about the WI in a fictitious English village. Jennifer Saunderwas in it, so was David Mitchell.
Sally Phillips (of Smack the Pony fame) played a very posh, upper class, dreadlocked so called 'free spirit ' who was a new age traveller.
She was from an incredibly wealthy family but was so bloody 'right on' it was painful.
I have always imagined RSM to be the exact same type of person.
I can't upload photos, bit if you Google 'Sally Phillips jam and Jerusalem ' you get the gist.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
It was about the WI in a fictitious English village. Jennifer Saunderwas in it, so was David Mitchell.
Sally Phillips (of Smack the Pony fame) played a very posh, upper class, dreadlocked so called 'free spirit ' who was a new age traveller.
She was from an incredibly wealthy family but was so bloody 'right on' it was painful.
Yes - I love Sally Phillips!
traveller with a small t, probably Tory with a small t upbringing

• Haha
Reactions: 10
We use ketamine as an anaesthetic all the time… Jesus. It’s not just some street drug. It’s very safely and effectively used by medical professionals. What a silly, silly person.
I'm on a Grunk, so I appreciate that this might fall a few pages behind...

As someone who has depression, who has tried multiple medications with varying and limited 'success', the recent research into Ketamine and psychedelics is very, very exciting - and above all so urgently needed. I'm not one for doing drugs (and turned down ket on multiple occasions), but a properly dosed amount that could relieve my depression for MONTHS? I would beg for that.

As you said @EllaEm87 - this is a drug that has been used correctly for decades. It's not the same as taking it as a party drug and going down a K Hole. Her hyperbole is completely misplaced and entirely unhelpful. I also think if someone told long tales about a drug that could help her, the advice to DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT would be very quick.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Isn't a child tall enough to be a very small adult just... a child? Autism is a good bandwagon for people to jump on because they can blame their difficulties in social situations on that rather than the fact they're just an unbearable argumentative self-serving self-centred self-aggrandising twit. People are then hesitant to challenge them because they're 'disabled' and nobody wants to be called ableist or seen to be confrontational with someone who is in some way vulnerable.

Apart from RSM, obviously. She would tell a Make a Wish child to duck off, kick a blind man in the shins and then accuse someone with a catastrophic brain injury of literally killing people and that's just a normal Monday morning.
There aren’t enough likes and laugh emojis on Tattle for this post.

If the next thread title isn’t “Delete your Account” then there is no justice in this world!

• Haha
Is RSM lying about her heritage? An essay. Summary: highly likely

1 This is an informative and quite lovely video: A short history of Roma and Travellers

2 RSM has linked and referred to the video a lot. In a Feb '20 thread she replied to someone who made a disparaging comment (see screenie). RSM pointed out eminent GRT people in her reply.

3 RSM probably used this link to find her "famous GRT people". It's an easy search, and unfortunately most "confirmations" are circular and return to the link. Google searches tend to disprove, or disapprove of, 5 of the 7 GRT connections.

4 David Altheer, a freelance journo with sturdy credentials wrote this article.

5 Probably I would do better research if I was building the heritage of my character! If I was an Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, I'd want to name genuine eminent figures of my diverse community, not allow someone "famous" to make a spurious claim and jump on it.

Am I being too sensitive? Condescending feedback welcome

A few bonus screenies from Jan '20 thrown in

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
'It's not a discussion I'm going to have, Ken' ------- response I will use if anyone ever catches me lying by omission about being a Traveller (or traveller).

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Is RSM lying about her heritage? An essay. Summary: highly likely

1 This is an informative and quite lovely video: A short history of Roma and Travellers

2 RSM has linked and referred to the video a lot. In a Feb '20 thread she replied to someone who made a disparaging comment (see screenie). RSM pointed out eminent GRT people in her reply.

3 RSM probably used this link to find her "famous GRT people". It's an easy search, and unfortunately most "confirmations" are circular and return to the link. Google searches tend to disprove, or disapprove of, 5 of the 7 GRT connections.

4 David Altheer, a freelance journo with sturdy credentials wrote this article.

5 Probably I would do better research if I was building the heritage of my character! If I was an Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, I'd want to name genuine eminent figures of my diverse community, not allow someone "famous" to make a spurious claim and jump on it.

Am I being too sensitive? Condescending feedback welcome

A few bonus screenies from Jan '20 thrown in
So yet again I’m confused -

Is she suggesting that we all know a traveller because of celebs like elvis having some Roma heritage? Erm isn’t this not gr8?

Is this like in America where people claim to be 1/8th indigenous Americans but don’t really get it & centre their very much assimilated lifestyle instead of focusing on the needs of indigenous communities?

Isn’t the whole point that travellers still remain SO marginalised that they really are truly “stuck” on the fringes of society and not accepted? Even on tattle some of the stuff I’ve read about travellers if you’d replaced that with black or Jewish it’d be clearly unacceptable, for some reason they’re acceptable targets still?

Is misrepresenting history really progressive? Is showing the “excellent” travellers to gain acceptance for the normal majority really the way?

Yet again I find the whole thing rather odd / makes no sense?!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
@heretoreaditall2019 I agree and in addition, I took from the articles that Elvis, Charlie Chaplin, Picasso, Rita Hayworth, Yul Brenner **don't* have GRT heritage*, so RSM citing them is a double confusion

• Wow
Reactions: 12
@heretoreaditall2019 I agree and in addition, I took from the articles that Elvis, Charlie Chaplin, Picasso, Rita Hayworth, Yul Brenner **don't* have GRT heritage*, so RSM citing them is a double confusion
It’s really weird, I don’t like using terms that the Facebook brigade usually do but Twitter truly is the oppression olympics isn’t it?! It’s a really toxic environment no wonder some ppl are trying to collect new IDs for clout. I’m sorry but there’s no way she’s from Roma heritage if her grandad was a Tory MP, that’s like old school English vibes? Statistically surely she’s more likely to have gone to boarding school than been a traveller with heritage like that?!

Ngl the Twitter woke brigade (can’t believe I’m typing this - promise I’m not Edwina Currie guys x) make me worry about my daughter’s future and the tit she’s going to be fed from them all because they don’t live on planet earth. It’s different on Twitter they’re really weird people.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
'It's not a discussion I'm going to have, Ken' ------- response I will use if anyone ever catches me lying by omission about being a Traveller (or traveller).
Lol, Ken has her sussed 😏
There would be no reason why she would be unable to state her heritage, which GRT group she belongs to. It wouldn't come close to revealing her identity. But she's traveller small t so can't.

Even on tattle some of the stuff I’ve read about travellers if you’d replaced that with black or Jewish it’d be clearly unacceptable, for some reason they’re acceptable targets still?
Unfortunately I see this a lot. It's not surprising, but upsetting and disappointing all the same. 😑

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I remain bamboozled as to the why. I thought it'd be helpful, if not kind, to stick these articles into the last pages of the First Thread devoted to Roadsidemum

Some dude's commentary about begging for retweets (building up engagement = better cashapp responses: "we’re trying to use other people’s traumas as a means to put ourselves in the spotlight. If, by the end of a social media thread, we haven’t placed ourselves right at the epicentre of the issue at hand, we’ve failed")

Snopes.com story re scams

Now, DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT

Reactions: 5
I can't upload photos, bit if you Google 'Sally Phillips jam and Jerusalem ' you get the gist.
I only know it because Kate Rusby (who is mates with Jennifer Saunders) sung the theme tune, and I quite like some of her music.

Reactions: 4
Shout out to all of us, we never witch about RM's spelling or other mean girl stuff, but stay on topic. It's nice! Confession though: if I have to read "publically" one more time, I may have to set the hounds loose on a pubalic road

• Haha
There would be no reason why she would be unable to state her heritage, which GRT group she belongs to. It wouldn't come close to revealing her identity. But she's traveller small t so can't.

Unfortunately I see this a lot. It's not surprising, but upsetting and disappointing all the same. 😑
I have always believed her to be a new age traveller. Her vocabulary fits that and I've never thought of her as anything else. Of course, she has a perfect right to be and I can't see why she would keep it a secret. Maybe she feels, perhaps, that not having Romani or Irish Traveller heritage means that she'd not be taken seriously and just seen as a another hippy who chose the lifestyle having come from a fairly privileged background. She's politically very angry and indignant about her present status, in any case (and bleeping hell, she's bleeping rude!).

I'm not a Gypsy but I married in and lived in a trailer on council sites for 10 years. The family that accepted me as part of their own have a long and celebrated heritage that they are deeply, deeply proud of... as are all their people... and wouldn't see a reason to hide it in discussions about current affairs, for example. 😐

@Nottonightbabe Ken definitely has her sussed 😉 haha

Thread title "Ken's got her sussed" - courtesy of @Nottonightbabe

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I think this is why she seems to go in cycles about posting about being a traveller (small or big T depending on her mood). She must have a constant fear of being Ken-d. Unlike Jack though she was clever though to go for anonymity from the start which protects her a bit.

I'd been offline for a few days and catching up on her COVID or not COVID woes was quite the journey, wow.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.