Roadside Mum #4 Let me tell you in excessive detail

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For fun, 11 June: Roadsidemum being totally normal. Started by pointing to Tory MP's grotesque expenditure / investigations thereunto, for some reason quickly ran off the rails. This is the Roadsidemum content for which I'm here. (I keep laughing, tbh):

Screenshot_20220627-132227_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220627-132242_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220627-132433_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220627-132644_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220627-132711_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220627-133043_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220627-133116_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220627-133148_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220627-133319_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220627-134637_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220627-134801_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220627-134916_Chrome.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
There is also a long “right on sista” thread on how badass one of Henry VIII wives was. Giving Hilary Mantell a rub for her money!

She is currently shoehorning herself into the Roe v Wade debate at any given and uninvited opportunity- and I am not even going there. Her usual brand of nasty and sarcastic clodhopping around makes me want to puke.

I am all here for the oblique support of Jack (not) doing Glastonbury and teaching the rich how the poors are suffering though. Wonder if our very own RSM would have declined a chance to have such an audience for a paid gig!

We do have something to look forward to though - now summer is fully here in all its glory, the minor grifter is officially unemployed so she is bound to focus on her cookbook that she has already been paid £6k+ for. As far as the book of POV is concerned - I genuinely think we will see one from Jack, or even, shock/horror, Hattie before we see one from our rancid bully.

Attachments

Reactions: 9
For fun, 11 June: Roadsidemum being totally normal. Started by pointing to Tory MP's grotesque expenditure / investigations thereunto, for some reason quickly ran off the rails. This is the Roadsidemum content for which I'm here. (I keep laughing, tbh):

She's an absolute asshole.

Reactions: 11

I say this with no 'nastiness' but she really really needs therapy. Like the vast majority of us are very angry of the unfairness in the world but her genuine venomous spats at random people online are surely becoming deranged at this point? Her poor kids, they must be absolutely terrified if her if that's all it takes for her to go off on one like that.

There is also a long “right on sista” thread on how badass one of Henry VIII wives was. Giving Hilary Mantell a rub for her money!

She is currently shoehorning herself into the Roe v Wade debate at any given and uninvited opportunity- and I am not even going there. Her usual brand of nasty and sarcastic clodhopping around makes me want to puke.

I am all here for the oblique support of Jack (not) doing Glastonbury and teaching the rich how the poors are suffering though. Wonder if our very own RSM would have declined a chance to have such an audience for a paid gig!

We do have something to look forward to though - now summer is fully here in all its glory, the minor grifter is officially unemployed so she is bound to focus on her cookbook that she has already been paid £6k+ for. As far as the book of POV is concerned - I genuinely think we will see one from Jack, or even, shock/horror, Hattie before we see one from our rancid bully.

Also didn't she fully support corbyn when he did the exact same thing? You don't get people to list to you by only shouting into echo chambers. I couldn't hate this government any more if I tried and see absolutely no problem with ZS speaking to the people who vote and or may vote in the next election. What a twit

Reactions: 8
RM is also not as smart or the strong communicater she thinks is she: until your post, @Sillybillyy, I wasn't even clear if she was mocking the ZS person (and wouldn't that be mocking Jack as well?) for speaking, or mocking the Left Field attendees for lip service to "the cause".

There was an exciting seagull rescue, too. Spoiler: it died. Probably of harangueitis

• Haha
This question
Screenshot_20220628-150857_Chrome.jpg

Reveals this
Screenshot_20220628-150841_Chrome.jpg

Hey, Roadsidemum, found a way for you to budget!!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Poor squig. “I don’t have the bandwidth to get into a Twitter spat right now”

Well Roadside Mum does. She has bandwidth for days. She will not stop. She’ll do a 120 post thread if needed to harangue you into submission. She’ll get so nasty and bizarre you’ll wonder if you really did pour a load of concrete into the hospital entrance so no one disabled could get in. She may not have much, but by duck she has bandwidth.

Reactions: 18
In reply to the “I am allergic to EVERYTHING”! She has shared this gem….(please note the word “probably” so no official diagnosis and treatment - just some Googling and appropriating.

…yet another illness that is difficult to diagnose (often by process of elimination) hard to manage and control, can flare up - etc etc.

Do we need to start keeping a list of these illnesses - and maybe open a book on the next one she will definitely/probably have.

Still - with the increasingly longer list of ailments, I suppose it means the poor saps that plucked up enough courage to semi-traumatise themselves in order to share their poverty accounts for a few meagre coins will continue the wait for their story to get an airing.

I wonder if they have been paid yet? Just an FYI, RSM, (and UNBOUND) you malingering grifting knobber, you aren’t the only one trying to get a few quid together to treat your kids to a lido visit and an ice cream. bleeping pay your contributors BEFORE the summer holidays. You have raised tens of thousands and the contributions (20 odd including yours) is only about £5k.

Attachments

Reactions: 10
RM is also not as smart or the strong communicater she thinks is she: until your post, @Sillybillyy, I wasn't even clear if she was mocking the ZS person (and wouldn't that be mocking Jack as well?) for speaking, or mocking the Left Field attendees for lip service to "the cause".

There was an exciting seagull rescue, too. Spoiler: it died. Probably of harangueitis
Oh I'm not even sure if I took it the right way now? 😂 Maybe she wasn't, who knows?!

Reactions: 6

I've said it before and I'll say it again THIS CAN NOT POSSIBLY BE A REAL PERSON.
How is she so nasty to people without any comeback? She is bleeping unhinged. How can a real life person just go ranting and raving throughout life like this?
I'm still saying she's Vonny. I know there is evidence to the contrary but Vonny would completely inhabit her 'characters ' and live as them 24/7.
I want to see them side by side before I'm convinced otherwise.

Reactions: 7
Christ she's exhausting.

She's acknowledged the zine at least. Poor saps who contributed.

Screenshot_20220628-162501_Twitter.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Christ - a contemporary account of poverty from people living in poverty, with contributions pre-dating the massive cost of living hike and the Ukraine situation (with the destabilising problems it has) is not going to be released this year?

The poor folk will not have been paid - and it will be woefully out of date with the relevance of Jack Monroes brief stint of being poor a decade ago.

Complete waste of everyone’s time and every penny of contributions. Shame on Unbound for entertains this charlatan and shame on RSM for being a terrible human.

• Heart
I'm late with this but just wanted to say: I work in academic publishing and the way she went about getting those submissions was NOT the norm. You typically get people to submit proposals (500-750 words or thereabouts) giving you an idea of what they plan to contribute. This way, people aren't spending hours on something that may get rejected, and editors don't have to read through full-length drafts. It makes me angry and sad to think that people spent ages writing submissions that she probably didn't even bother to finish reading.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I dont know how but I've missed the book or forgotten, what did she do?
I'm sure someone else can give a better summary and all the receipts are on the previous threads but basically she put a call out for people to submit their stories about living in poverty in Britain today so she could put them in a book/zine. In usual RSM style she made several disparaging comments about why she would reject stories or why certain people's stories would be rejected. She dangled promise of payment of £250 if a contributor's story was used. The deadline was extended many times as, presumably, people were put off contributing by her outbursts. She also dismissed concerns from contributors who asked if she'd received their stories, if they'd been accepted or even just read. She angrily tweeted about having to rewrite contributions. Essentially she was horrible and unprofessional. There's a post a few above this one with a screenshot where she admits her book won't be out this year, so anyone who did contribute won't be paid until 2023 at the earliest.

The whole thing is shady.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
I'm sure someone else can give a better summary and all the receipts are on the previous threads but basically she put a call out for people to submit their stories about living in poverty in Britain today so she could put them in a book/zine. In usual RSM style she made several disparaging comments about why she would reject stories or why certain people's stories would be rejected. She dangled promise of payment of £250 if a contributor's story was used. The deadline was extended many times as, presumably, people were put off contributing by her outbursts. She also dismissed concerns from contributors who asked if she'd received their stories, if they'd been accepted or even just read. She angrily tweeted about having to rewrite contributions. Essentially she was horrible and unprofessional. There's a post a few above this one with a screenshot where she admits her book won't be out this year, so anyone who did contribute won't be paid until 2023 at the earliest.

The whole thing is shady.
Brill thank you!

Reactions: 4
I'm late with this but just wanted to say: I work in academic publishing and the way she went about getting those submissions was NOT the norm. You typically get people to submit proposals (500-750 words or thereabouts) giving you an idea of what they plan to contribute. This way, people aren't spending hours on something that may get rejected, and editors don't have to read through full-length drafts. It makes me angry and sad to think that people spent ages writing submissions that she probably didn't even bother to finish reading.
In my opinion, there is something to be said about Unbounds (and other fundraising platforms) work to get peoples dollar without actually being responsible in any great way in the delivery of both the project itself and the rewards people have paid for.

Jacks disastrous foray into self publishing is well documented.

Then there is Hattie Gladwells book which celebrates its four year anniversary of completed funding in October - and is perpetually “in edits”. Nearly £17k raised for that one. Incidentally, when that was highlighted here and she got her own thread, she immediately locked down her social media - and wrote about having a “Twitter break for her mental health” recently.

The minor grifter did not use Unbound but, cleverly used a platform that would pay out on completion to get the money for a photo shoot - about £6.5k on that - and immediately had many crises that prevented her doing anything substantive towards fulfilling her pledges. She did allegedly pay for a photo shoot but I am guessing the results were tit as she hasn’t shared any update on it but is constantly sharing filtered selfies on Twitter so isn’t shy.

The Zine is standing at over £17k raised. It’s not going to be released until at least 2023. By which time it’s already out of date and some contributors may not even be around to see it out.

At least with Jack, Hattie and the minor grifter, there is only themselves to pay from the funding but RSM has commissioned people to provide her content and we have absolutely no idea if or when their contributions will be paid for. That is why she is the monster. She is ripping off the poor people (in the literal and figurative sense) that have provided her with her fundraising vehicle and content for the project itself.

Shame on you RSM - no wonder you can’t sleep.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.