Roadside Mum #4 Let me tell you in excessive detail

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Reminded now why I don't check on RSM often, she's so draining even just from screenshots of her tweets.

Her poor kids :confused: I don't know how anyone could follow her or Interact with her and come out with a positive opinion of her, she is nothing but spite and self interest, and the constant resentment she has for her children is so upsetting.

Willing to bet she's been banned from calling more than a couple of call centres - social media reps should have the same rights when dealing with abusive people online.

ETA: i feel like ironically it could be transphobia that gets her cancelled instead of her bullying her kids/treating staff in shops like tit -

The like could have been an accident and not saying she's definitely transphobic yet, but searching "@roadsidemum trans" on nitter shows quite a few anti trans people/TERFS in her mentions and she's never replied snapping back to defend trans people that I can see.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Well this is what I spent my pre-work breakfast scroll doing instead of reading the news 😂

Roadsidemum on trans people, and my hot takes that no one asked for.

Exhibit A (rape mention)
Screenshot_20220621-084236_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg
(I would love to know what was actually going on in that vegan conversation )

Exhibit B misgendering, transphobia
Screenshot_20220621-084608_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg
Note how she avoids using pronouns for THAT WOMAN.

Exhibit C - this one is LONG
Screenshot_20220621-084901_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg
Screenshot_20220621-084921_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg
Screenshot_20220621-085226_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg
Screenshot_20220621-085233_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg
Screenshot_20220621-085248_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg
Screenshot_20220621-085257_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg
Screenshot_20220621-085307_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

Thank you orange squig for that final tweet, it makes me laugh.

I find it interesting how RSM dealt with this.

As someone who used Tumblr a lot in their teens I remember getting the "user X is a cannibal transphobe and if you follow them you should be ashamed" anonymous DMs and sometimes the messager was right and the person was pretty terrible but you just hadn't realised, & sometimes it was absolute bullshit and you ignored the message.

Off topic but (oh my god classic Tumblr drama was something else, you think influencers are bad wait till you hear about the user on there who was cancelled for admitting their family had a child slave, or the witches who stole bones from cemeteries and actually ended up being reported to police and arrested!),

I find her refusal to clarify her stance on trans people pretty telling, and the use of "transwoman" tells me roughly what age she is too since that's been out of use for a while. "I am not trans. I am a woman." Could just be bad wording but.... damn that is some really bad wording.

In my opinion (based on guesswork) this is a gen X/older millennial who's aware she has a left leaning audience, and therefore doesn't want to openly air opinions which could lose her the support of fans that send her money online, but she's definitely sitting more on the JKR side of the fence.

Exhibit B was pretty blatant, it's from October 2019 - before her audience grew. Maybe she's grown since then, or maybe that's just how she really feels.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Thank you for that lovely deep dive @Switchstreetz - it is something that has passed me by, what with all the kerfuffle over begging, and harassing service sector employees. And bullying her kids to the point of borderline abuse.

I wonder how her best Twitter bosom buddy (the minor character) feels about the transphobia which, you have shown is definitely implied - if not outright inferred. She is raising her child with they/them pronouns and is embracing it fully - which, I admire as, unlike a lot of her shared content, isn’t coming across as performative nonsense - more fully supportive of her child’s current expression.

Reactions: 10
Reminded now why I don't check on RSM often, she's so draining even just from screenshots of her tweets.

Her poor kids :confused: I don't know how anyone could follow her or Interact with her and come out with a positive opinion of her, she is nothing but spite and self interest, and the constant resentment she has for her children is so upsetting.

Willing to bet she's been banned from calling more than a couple of call centres - social media reps should have the same rights when dealing with abusive people online.

ETA: i feel like ironically it could be transphobia that gets her cancelled instead of her bullying her kids/treating staff in shops like tit -

The like could have been an accident and not saying she's definitely transphobic yet, but searching "@roadsidemum trans" on nitter shows quite a few anti trans people/TERFS in her mentions and she's never replied snapping back to defend trans people that I can see.
I noticed the same thing. She's normally very vocal about her views (lol), but nothing on transphobia...

Reactions: 2
She also "liked" this, which started as a thread about generational trauma in Ireland

Screenshot_20220622-230908_Twitter.jpg

and ended with...well, this.

Screenshot_20220622-231035_Twitter.jpg

So yeah, with these multiple examples I think we can safely assume her views on the issue. Horrible person in so many ways.

Attachments

• Wow
This doesn't solve the mystery of wtf she's on about but bitterness and sourness (or perceived acidity) are two different things. I believe that most bitter compounds are actually alkaline. Stop getting science wrong!

I'm just imagining someone in full judge regalia coming out of a courthouse and yeeting a goatskin scroll into a crowd, it sailing straight into someone's eye and into their brain thereby immediately killing them.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
What's the odds that she has a 70 tweet thread in the drafts, just waiting for someone to ask her about this story, only for no one to bite? 🤣🤣
I have noted less engagement on her tweets recently. I suspect it’s the rising smell of bullshit.

Reactions: 8
Yeah, what the hell is she on about?
I skimmed her other posts and it seems like the 18 y/o had a life threatening condition and needed some drugs to save her life. The docs didn't want to give the drugs bc it affects fertility iirc

Reactions: 8
I skimmed her other posts and it seems like the 18 y/o had a life threatening condition and needed some drugs to save her life. The docs didn't want to give the drugs bc it affects fertility iirc
It sounds like she’s saying they wouldn’t give a not pregnant 18 year old the drugs because if she was pregnant they’d be dangerous - but I don’t understand the timeline of needing to get her to British land by daybreak but the seeming inability to do a pregnancy test or ultrasound? Even a country with that type of barbaric policy for pregnant women would surely check if she was pregnant?

Oh, right. Missed all that. Right.

Also, re below screenies, no thanks
Screenshot_20220627-101836_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220627-101849_Chrome.jpg

I have noted less engagement on her tweets recently. I suspect it’s the rising smell of bullshit.
I've noticed that, too. Lost just a handful of followers who can't be bothered maintaining the rage

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.