Roadside Mum #3 How dare you call me a Tory?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@TheDragonWithAFlagon your story is wonderful. Congratulations isn't quite the right word from a stranger, but you must be so proud of yourself.

Roadsidemum's gaslighting responses sometimes scares me. I find them, honestly, chilling. I imagine someone saying that to me in real life, just shutting me down in every way, making me question my own sanity.

It's a bit rough, given she's spouted off about HER previous abusive ex

• Heart
Reactions: 9
And knows duck all about weightloss - any additional movement increases both the energy expended and, by gradually increasing muscle, the BMR. Organisations such as Versus Arthritis offer free chair exercise programmes, accessible to anybody who has a phone; all you have to do is sit down and hold off spitting venom on social media for ten minutes. It also enables them to control the level of exertion and range of motion so that injuries are less likely. Even sitting there and moving your toes/hands and tightening/relaxing your abdominal muscles is still exercise.

I should know. It's how I started post Covid/last flare when I had been exhausted, heart pounding and gasping for breath after doing a whole 63 steps per day. About 45 of those 63 steps were deliberate exercise, as I had switched from using the downstairs bathroom to making myself go upstairs for a pee to make a start on it. I wasn't even strong enough to get in and out of the bath at the time and relied upon Mr D to wash my hair ( just having to hold my head in position for him to do that was exhausting). Only after I'd been doing that for a long time was I able to think about what I ate in relation to activity levels; I was putting weight on at very low calorie intakes precisely because I wasn't moving.

It's taken a long time and I was able to put some money into it eventually when I got a new job, but the biggest leap was from those first steps and movements, as they started the process.

There's no expense involved in tightening your abdominal muscles, wiggling your toes every so often or possibly standing at the bannister and moving your arms a bit during the day. And that's how many people actually need to start; not at an average Parkrun 5K starter pace with all the kit and a Fitbit.
My thread title nomnomnom:

all you have to do is sit down and hold off spitting venom on social media for ten minutes

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Hang on to your zines, we've an incoming!

Bit of context: Roadsidegladshe'snotmymum made a thread in Feb last year/2021 about reasons poor people can be overweight or obese, and still be poorly nourished. Good points were made, and tediously. Didn't go viral though!

RM has reposted the thread today in response to a fresh article, and it's now her pinned tweet.

With that in mind, enjoy the following interaction
View attachment 1253946View attachment 1253948View attachment 1253952View attachment 1253956View attachment 1253957
She is unhinged

Reactions: 7
That is seriously insane! The responder was suggesting that exercise is accessible. Where did RM get the fat people hatred from? Mental!!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
That is seriously insane! The responder was suggesting that exercise is accessible. Where did RM get the fat people hatred from? Mental!!
Honestly I think she's got an issue with the fact she's fat. She's posted quite a few tweets about putting on weight etc and I've seen her have a go previously at people who were apparently fat shaming.

This person clearly didn't post anything fat-shaming or anything that was a personal attack to RSM. I think she projects her own feelings about her weight.

I was also feeling quite eye-rolley and amused by that thread till it got to the last bit about therapy. I hate hate hate that, it's gaslighting and abusive to insinuate that someone has an issue with their mental health because they're disagreeing with you.

Reactions: 11
I am always in two minds if I find RM completely fascinating or a tedious bore. I suppose the two aren't mutually exclusive 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
In a world full of eyerolls, RM is the gold medal winner for me!

Also, I thought Unbound was doing all the editing or this, too, TBC?

Reactions: 9
Groundbreaking. Passive aggressive reply about being too unwell. No sense at all that she feels under the slightest obligation to her funders and contributors. They sent money and essays in good faith, they don't deserve to be treated like this and if RSM isn't able to meet her responsibilities, Unbound need to step in and support her. RSM and Unbound have a duty of care to the vulnerable people involved in this project, and Unbound in particular should not be putting RSM in this position when she is unwell.

I do need to point out that she's not too unwell for online bullying, pile ons, and gaslighting. And never too unwell to beg for cashos. Only too unwell to deliver what people have contributed to.

Genuinely hope she gets better soon, but now the money's been donated, the motivation to get vulnerable people paid and supporters their rewards has mysteriously disappeared.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Roadsidemum Zine Column: how to fit in with neighbours. If you have a blue tick she'll play nicely, adopting Guardian style advice on, literally, the world's most stupid question 🙄
Screenshot_20220511-211815_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220511-211844_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220511-211950_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
I'm a bit funny but I really don't like accepting homemade food from people I don't know that well. I'd rather the wine or a shop bought cake tbqh.

• Heart
I dare you to say that to Roadsidemum, ah, go on, do it, do it!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
There is no chance I would be accepting a cake from a stranger, especially if that stranger was RSM, lest we forget that thrilling white-knuckle ride thread about contemplating potentially eating mouldy blackberries.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.