Rhiannon Ashlee

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m really surprised she shops at places like Topshop and Nasty gal when we know how horrible they are to their employees and the environment
Agreed, I was particularly shocked by her owning anything from Nasty Gal... totally doesn't seem like her vibe!

Reactions: 1
How does a new bed clash with a wall color? I'll be surprised if she gets anything other than a white bed frame. I'm curious about this bedroom makeover and actually shocked that she's going to use something other than white paint. Are they going to paint/finish Delilah's room?

Reactions: 2
do u think delilah has a speech impediment? She seems to talk rly slow. I've always wanted to ask rhi but scared she'd be offended

Reactions: 3
do u think delilah has a speech impediment? She seems to talk rly slow. I've always wanted to ask rhi but scared she'd be offended
I’ve never thought it was odd until you’ve mentioned it. Now I realise she does seem to pause between words and talk slowly but not all the time if that’s what you’re referring to? Her speech is easily understood though so I don’t know why Rhiannon still puts subtitles up for her. 4 year olds don’t have fully perfect speech yet though, my daughter is a month younger than Delilah and still can’t quite pronounce certain things so I’m not sure if it’s an impediment or just not fully got there yet.

Reactions: 7
Yes I’ve always noticed that too, for her age she does speak slowly. She doesn’t lack vocabulary just doesn’t seem to get the words out at the speed you would generally expect.

Reactions: 2
I used to say that but would get shot down for it. However, I've worked with children with slow/late development and I would say she's a late developer with her speech and always has been. I find that a little odd considering she had one-to-one time with Rhiannon without distractions from birth (e.g no other kids, R didn't have a FT job etc) She's not where I would expect a child like her to be. I found via the vlogs that Rhi would not stretch her speech, or get her to repeat words, or teach her to speak in sentences.
But ... there's always a chance she will catch up on her own.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 5
I used to say that but would get shot down for it. However, I've worked with children with slow/late development and I would say she's a late developer with her speech and always has been. I find that a little odd considering she had one-to-one time with Rhiannon without distractions from birth (e.g no other kids, R didn't have a FT job etc) She's not where I would expect a child like her to be. I found via the vlogs that Rhi would not stretch her speech, or get her to repeat words, or teach her to speak in sentences.
But ... there's always a chance she will catch up on her own.
I find your comment quite alarming and concerning. For someone who claims to work with children with 'slow/late' development then you should know all about an incredibly common but ironically poorly known condition known as Developmental Language Disorder. My son has this and if anyone dared said that about his language skills and my parenting I would complain to high heaven.

She has only just turned 4. From what I have seen, her language skills are fine. My son has a language disorder and they are (from that age) poles apart.

Reactions: 9
Yes, I do, but I don't tend to think it necessary or right to label a child without knowing her so I certainly would not have brought that up. Not every child has a named disability.

Yes, I do, but I don't tend to think it necessary or right to label a child without knowing her so I certainly would not have brought that up. Not every child has a named disability.
I wasn't labelling her. In my own case it's not a label nor a 'disabilty' - just a means to support my child. I was referring to your 'finding it odd' comment. That was bang out of order and highlights your lack of knowledge into speech and language needs. Your comment was incredibly judgemental, ill informed and rude

I wasn't labelling her. In my own case it's not a label nor a 'disabilty' - just a means to support my child. I was referring to your 'finding it odd' comment. That was bang out of order and highlights your lack of knowledge into speech and language needs. Your comment was incredibly judgemental, ill informed and rude
Oh for goodness sake, pipe down. Speech delays or impairments are very common amongst children & while Delilah may not have a full blown disability like your son there may be other cause for concern. My eldest daughter is the same age as Delilah & in comparison her speech is worlds apart but my youngest daughter has been slow to develop her speech as her eye sight is poor and hasn’t been able to see how we move our mouths to form words, she has no disability, just needed glasses. Can you see the difference between a slight delay vs a full blown disability?

Just wanted to jump on here and add my two cents.
I don’t think there is a problem with Delilahs speech. In fact I think she speaks really well for her age.
My little girl is 3, sometimes she’s speaks really fast and I can’t quite grasp what she’s said and then other times she will talk really slowly as if she’s trying to think of her words.
They are still learning 🤷‍♀️.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Just wanted to jump on here and add my two cents.
I don’t think there is a problem with Delilahs speech. In fact I think she speaks really well for her age.
My little girl is 3, sometimes she’s speaks really fast and I can’t quite grasp what she’s said and then other times she will talk really slowly as if she’s trying to think of her words.
They are still learning 🤷‍♀️.
Exactly this. It is easily forgotten they are only 4!

Reactions: 4
Also isn’t it learnt behaviour? Rhiannon is very softly spoken and also speaks really slowly at times? Like she paused before words?

Reactions: 11
Also isn’t it learnt behaviour? Rhiannon is very softly spoken and also speaks really slowly at times? Like she paused before words?
This is true, both Rhiannon and Doug are very soft spoken and speak quite slowly.

If you're getting wound up over a random person's comment on the internet that wasn't even aimed at you, your son, or remarking on your son's named disability then I think you might be in for a shock when he gets further along in life. Choose your battles wisely.
I have a disabilty too (see, didn't know that did you?). My verbal communication is much better than my written. I'll be the bigger person here and apologise if my words came across as somewhat callous ... but this is a gossip forum ... not OFSTED.

Reactions: 13
Never thought there was anything “wrong” with Delilah she seems a happy child, I don’t sense frustration when she speaks or anything to suggest she has a problem. She’s only just started school bless her. Also Rhiannon seems the type to over worry and I’m sure if she was concerned about Delilah she would do something about it. She’s just a normal kid in my opinion.

Is tonight vlog night? I wonder if there will be one, no usual update on Instagram. I wonder what she has been busy doing on today while Delilah is at school.

This time last year I’m sure she did an Ad with Tesco, this week her entire weekly shop is M&S.

Is tonight vlog night? I wonder if there will be one, no usual update on Instagram. I wonder what she has been busy doing on today while Delilah is at school.

This time last year I’m sure she did an Ad with Tesco, this week her entire weekly shop is M&S.
I remember people commenting saying she never shops in Tesco, but she said that she doesn't show everything so how could people know? Strange how she always vlogs shopping in M&S though. I guess Tesco doesn't fit her aesthetic.

Reactions: 4
I remember people commenting saying she never shops in Tesco, but she said that she doesn't show everything so how could people know? Strange how she always vlogs shopping in M&S though. I guess Tesco doesn't fit her aesthetic.
I’m always really interested to know how she funds things like shopping in M&S as it is so expensive, especially for all the fresh things she buys.
I can’t work out if she is just a bit daft as I always think that even if you have money to burn you wouldn’t want to spend it on the weekly shop surely?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.