Rhi, Mummy of Four #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s so clearly someone who has never worked in customer service. She is so rude. I hope she gets put in her place in the meeting she has set up, as I think she’s just hellbent on Zara getting an ASD diagnosis even though Rhi only just started talking about her supposed symptoms.
She’s very rude. The way she points her finger at the camera and talking about speaking to the nurses etc. I literally just wanted to slap her

Reactions: 3
SO rude. The squeaky silly voice she put on when she was mimicking what she hopes the professional won’t say to her - so condescending. The woman has a major superiority complex. I was really tempted to respond to her saying at what point do you accept what a professional says? When she was saying that she will not be going away and it’ll go “nuclear” if they don’t accept that Zara NEEDS an assessment. Life doesn’t work like that! I’d love to know what she means by it going nuclear too?! I mean how exactly does it go nuclear? She’s already had a second meeting so she can question the professionals opinion…

Reactions: 5
Sorry guys, I’m still confused about the categories of autism. She has said that Bella is ‘high functioning but also has high levels of autism’ and I’m just a bit confused as to how that works? Does it mean that the areas she has autism in are not ones that significantly impact her ability to function day to day, but that she has these difficulties in a lot of areas? Sort of like someone might physically have pain in lots of areas but can still mobilise,so they have numerous pains but can still function,compared to someone who maybe has a serious injury to only one body part but that injury renders them unable to function?

hope that makes sense-I’m just watching her IGTV at the minute.

SO rude. The squeaky silly voice she put on when she was mimicking what she hopes the professional won’t say to her - so condescending. The woman has a major superiority complex. I was really tempted to respond to her saying at what point do you accept what a professional says? When she was saying that she will not be going away and it’ll go “nuclear” if they don’t accept that Zara NEEDS an assessment. Life doesn’t work like that! I’d love to know what she means by it going nuclear too?! I mean how exactly does it go nuclear? She’s already had a second meeting so she can question the professionals opinion…
If that’s her reaction to an assessment can you imagine what would happen if she did get assessed but was told there was nothing to suggest autism?

High functioning is what they used to refer to as aspergers (many people still use that term tbh) It's hard to say how autism affects Bella as Rhi's videos don't give too many clues and girls have a tendency to 'mask' their symptoms so it can be trickier to spot.

They changed it about five years ago from high/low functioning, adhd and Asperger’s to level 1/2/3 autism, level 1 is high functioning, 2 is medium and 3 is low functioning

Reactions: 2
Doesn’t sit well with me the oversharing of children’s diagnosis- I have a disabled child myself and believe there is a very fine line between raising awareness and over sharing- her children have a right to privacy and the total oversharing over there autism diagnosis doesn’t sit well with me at all- these kids will be in high school one day- in jobs- and once it’s on the internet it’s always there

Reactions: 7
My oldest is Will's age and jeez I feel so sorry for him... Even if he is dressing up and doing the video uncoerced it would be so embarrassing if someone from.his class spots it. She should know better than to exploit his naivety like that. Even Bella who had clearly been crying bless her and still has to act happy so mummy can portray her Mary Poppins narrative. Rhi your kids privacy and dignity is worth more than a stupid reel on Instagram for your all consuming hobby!!
exactly this. I found it incredibly difficult to watch when spotting that Bella had clearly been upset before filming and will looked incredibly uncomfortable. Forcing your children to prance about and fake smiles is extremely disturbing

All this “behind the scenes” stuff is getting tedious now too. I feel she’s fishing for questions and sympathy/attention.
Either say what’s going on or if you’re not able to for privacy reasons of others then just don’t talk about it at all. Period.
if she’s seeking support and attention, how can people possibly sympathise and give her helpful sound advice if she doesn’t tell the whole story.
I feel like it’s all for attention

Stop with the ‘behind the scenes’ nonsense! Nobody would have a clue there was an issue if you didn’t keep harping on about it!

also, her complaining and posting things about the difficulties being a parent of a child with additional needs is irritating. I’m under no illusion how tough it is but just feel like her constantly complaining on Instagram is hardly productive? I wouldn’t say she is raising awareness,if anything she is just making people tune out because she keeps complaining.

as well as that, it’s not just autism assessments that are hard to get. Mental health services are shot to tit,cancer treatment and surgeries are being postponed/cancelled left right and centre. She is getting on as if she is the only person being disadvantaged. I’ve seen posts from other people about their kids with additional needs and have felt compassion and empathy for them,but with Rhi I just feel bad for any health professionals she is interacting with (as well as Will and Bella).

Not related but I also get the impression she has zero interest in things that the boys enjoy-their gifts and items for the Christmas tree always seem to play second fiddle to PINK! PRINCESSES! GIRLY CHRISTMAS TREES! Etc. It’s sad.

Watch the kids will have covid next, it is rampant in the school atm
She’ll probably pull them out of school because she’s so dramatic about everything. I get the impression she is the mum every teacher and school staff dread as I bet she’s a right pain in the arse

The overwhelming concern is even if she fights and fights and gets this assessment. If they turnaround and say no she isn’t autistic what will she do then? She definitely started this process by saying oh we need her assessed due to family history. This has rapidly developed into it being very obvious she has self diagnosed her. I don’t think Bella and Zara seem remotely alike. Bella and will do. Zara just seems like a spoilt over-nurtured brat. Arguing with healthcare professionals in order to get a diagnosis you want is not ok

She also has no idea what she is talking about. She’s talking about raising awareness. I’m not being funny, if more people panic that their children have autism does she not realise that the current massive waiting lists will rapidly expand? Who does she think is going to assess these children?!

She’s not raising awareness. If anything, she’s adding to stigma and definitely centering herself in her disabled childrens’ experiemces. I have no doubt that she’s a great mum, but someone should remind her that proximity to disability doesn’t make you an expert.

She comes across as one of those people who is a self proclaimed expert at everything she has experience with. Like Disney, she's been on one Disney cruise and now knows it all and when she's been on her first WDW trip you can bet she'll be the same about that too. Its the same with the autism and parenting in general, she knows it all. It's very off putting as a viewer...

The strangest thing about her for me is that she’ll go to some serious lengths to stop people finding out they live in Swansea, including taking a picture of the kids with a Joe’s and scribbling over the ice cream pots to ‘hide’ the name. But her kids’ medical histories are seemingly fair game? Very very weird.

Reactions: 7
Stop with the ‘behind the scenes’ nonsense! Nobody would have a clue there was an issue if you didn’t keep harping on about it!

also, her complaining and posting things about the difficulties being a parent of a child with additional needs is irritating. I’m under no illusion how tough it is but just feel like her constantly complaining on Instagram is hardly productive? I wouldn’t say she is raising awareness,if anything she is just making people tune out because she keeps complaining.

as well as that, it’s not just autism assessments that are hard to get. Mental health services are shot to tit,cancer treatment and surgeries are being postponed/cancelled left right and centre. She is getting on as if she is the only person being disadvantaged. I’ve seen posts from other people about their kids with additional needs and have felt compassion and empathy for them,but with Rhi I just feel bad for any health professionals she is interacting with (as well as Will and Bella).

Not related but I also get the impression she has zero interest in things that the boys enjoy-their gifts and items for the Christmas tree always seem to play second fiddle to PINK! PRINCESSES! GIRLY CHRISTMAS TREES! Etc. It’s sad.
Absolutely this. She wants to see the waiting list for children with serious mental health problems since the first lockdown!!! She is extremely entitled. We all want the best for our children but unfortunately I thinks I do believe she has issues within herself.

Reactions: 6
She isn’t really raising awareness. There are many people that are solely dedicated to raising awareness and do a wonderful job and I think it needs to be left to them. I also wouldn’t want to do publically advertise what makes my children vulnerable all over the internet.

Reactions: 4
1637791760589.png

This is what Rhi thinks it will look like walking away after she "goes nueclear"

I believe if Zara doesn't get the diagnoses, Rhi will lie and say she has gotten it. Or she will say she has been diagnosed with something else that's just as similar.

• Haha
We had a professional in our school to start a pupil assessment this week and they were saying they have waiting lists of over 2 years to work through - and many of these on the list have some serious needs. She can’t push this assessment if they have said no and have so many other pupils who really require these assessments!

She is so rude ,I used to like her and her videos but the last few weeks she has just been so up her self.
Her stories this morning when she put on that silly voice talking about the consultant ,who does she think she is and calling the first consultant a " lowdown" consultant 🤬

She needs to realise that she is not going to get everything she wants ,she is extremely lucky she even got a appointment. Where I am from you rarely even get to speak to someone until your child turns 5 . Does she not realise we have spent 2 years in lockdown they are children that have been waiting since 2019 for appointments/ assessments etc why does she think her child should come before everyone else .

I really hope the " senior " consultant turns her away ,the way she has spoken about the first consultant is disgusting just because she didn't get what she wanted

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.