Rhi, Mummy of Four #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really do see it with Will, not so much with the girls but my son is ASD so I maybe see it closer with boys anyway. I’m not sure about rigging the system but only from my personal experience you have to gather so much evidence and walk over hot coals with a blatantly autistic child to be diagnosed so I can’t see it being easy with the girls being so high functioning. This is what I keep saying, there is clearly so much more to the picture for Bella to even have a diagnosis that Rhi keeps to herself, which is good for the kids privacy but then I wish she’s stop posting autism content all together. It really doesn’t do any good for the content and she affirms so many stereotypes that people believe like parents wanting their kids to be autistic to excuse behaviour and and rigging the system. I wish she’d either give the full picture or say nothing at all and COMPLETELY respect the kids privacy. I think Will is too old to have his diagnosis public now anyway. I didn’t realise he was 9.

Reactions: 6
Bellas puffy watery eyes made me really sad in that children in need video. Will and Bella seem such lovely kids and I feel sorry for them.

Reactions: 8
I dunno why Will was dressed up like that, the infants wore Pudsy headbands, but none of the juniors, they were told to wear something colourful today for CIN

Reactions: 1
I’m wondering what those spots were on Zara’s face, she’s probably claiming it another Autism trait!

As an ASD mum I do think I would know Will was on the spectrum even if she didn’t say. Not the girls though. Although it’s well known girls are harder to spot it in as they mask.

Reactions: 3
As an ASD mum I do think I would know Will was on the spectrum even if she didn’t say. Not the girls though. Although it’s well known girls are harder to spot it in as they mask.
I'm also a asd and I don't see it in will that much.
That insta post made me so angry. Ok I get girls can hide it but you can't use thr excuse that coz Zara siblings have asd she needs a assessment.
I'm not being rude but I honestly feel like she has drilled it into her kids heads that they all have asd. My son who has asd can never look into the camer for a photo and my daughter who is showing signs is the same.
I do feel that if your talking about being a asd mum show small clips so we can understand it better. I'm sorry but rhi has enough info to make up as much as she wants to say zara has asd

Reactions: 5
If Zara does get diagnosed, is there anything that will happen? Like any accommodations which will be put in place? If so, are they also in place for Will & Bella?
Does it really change much?

Potentially controversial opinion but I’m just going to put it out here - I truly do think there are people that know the system well that are able to manipulate the system in order to get a positive diagnosis of ASD. I speak from experience about this. Rhi raises so many red flags with me in this area. I just am not convinced by it at all. I am very aware that there is a massive spectrum and autism presents itself very differently in different children & that each case is unique but I really struggle with this lot. She harps on constantly about their autism and seems to show so much of their lives - I mean her immediate reaction today, following the meeting/conversation with the consultant re Zara, when she was clearly very distressed wasn’t to pick up the phone to her husband or a friend, it was immediately to start filming content for a bunch of strangers on the internet. She literally said “I have just got off the phone”…yet we never ever see any sign of the children showing ANY autistic traits whatsoever! In fact things that you would imagine at least 1 in the 3 autistic children (let’s face it Zara is autistic according to Rhi) would find challenging such as out of the ordinary dress up days, such as children in need today, she makes a huge song and dance about, with them prancing about in front of the camera and so on being completely OTT. I just do not see any elements or signs or hints of autism with any of them and with the amount she overshares I just don’t see how ASD can be that well hidden that it’s literally invisible. It really doesn’t add up to me. She is an entitled individual who clearly knows what she wants and is going to stop at nothing until she gets it. I used to like her husband but he clearly just lets her get on with it and doesn’t step in so I’ve lost any respect I once had for him. It wouldn’t surprise me if the whole fallout with the extended family is all to do with her obsession with invisible autism.
Absolutely this. I have a friend who was caught out by her doctor doing this to her children. Honestly it went on for years, 3 children later, constantly taking them to the doctors because they had this and that, every child who was born had something. Now those children have grown up and are completely lost, they have zero life! Rhi needs to sort herself out and stop damaging her children. This might be a controversial comment aswell but I truly believe this from what I’ve seen on little snippets of their lives!

Reactions: 7
My oldest is Will's age and jeez I feel so sorry for him... Even if he is dressing up and doing the video uncoerced it would be so embarrassing if someone from.his class spots it. She should know better than to exploit his naivety like that. Even Bella who had clearly been crying bless her and still has to act happy so mummy can portray her Mary Poppins narrative. Rhi your kids privacy and dignity is worth more than a stupid reel on Instagram for your all consuming hobby!!

She should be ashamed of that Children in need video. Bella must have barely stopped crying before being made to do the video. Her cheeks where still red and blotchy.

Absolutely this. I have a friend who was caught out by her doctor doing this to her children. Honestly it went on for years, 3 children later, constantly taking them to the doctors because they had this and that, every child who was born had something. Now those children have grown up and are completely lost, they have zero life! Rhi needs to sort herself out and stop damaging her children. This might be a controversial comment aswell but I truly believe this from what I’ve seen on little snippets of their lives!
I know someone like that too,the kids are 20 and 16 now and go everywhere with their mum and have been gaslit into thinking they aren’t able to work/learn to drive/attend school because of their ‘conditions’-it’s horrible to watch. Not saying that Rhi is doing this but she seems hell bent on seeing issues where there might not be any.

is it possible to pay for private autism assessments? She certainly has the financial means for this is if she is so concerned but I don’t know if such a thing exists?

She should be ashamed of that Children in need video. Bella must have barely stopped crying before being made to do the video. Her cheeks where still red and blotchy.
Very uncomfortable viewing. Of course, Bella could have been crying for a million different reasons and actually really wanted to take part in the video but it didn’t sit well with me,her wee smiling face with the puffy eyes made me feel really sad for her,she seems like a really sweet little girl and Rhi comes across as quite cold.

Reactions: 4
You can pay for private assessments but they don’t unlock the same support that the NHS will do they’re a bit redundant and the NHS won’t use them to aid their assessment process. They’re more for adults who’d just like to know for their own peace of mind and yes to answer a question above. A diagnosis unlocks support but it’s also essential if a child is ASD for their own mental health. Imagine being an adult and not being diagnosed but not quite being able to see why you see the world differently, or maybe not being able to make relationships work because you can’t understand tone of voice etc. There are many ASD adults that just assume they have depression until they research themselves and then get the correct support. I am very pro diagnosis for kids if they are autistic to be fair 😂

I used to like her but find her Disney content so full she said florida is coming up.

In Wales they don't have EHCP they still call them statements.
If will and Bella has a asd diagnosis this doesn't always translate into a statement that = extra support and funding .
The majority ehcp at our school all have tas that help not the class ta but the class would have teacher, class ta and an additional ta to support the child you has ehcp.

Also out the loop on Welsh schools these days but many primary In my area now have s chill out room/ class for when asd kids get overwhelmed.
I know of a few girls with asd that have no ehcp or additional help.
As discussed sometimes presents more obvious in boys and they can be more disruptive thats been my experience over the years of my children having asd classmates they were all so different.
Will seems very well behaved.

A private diagnoses would help secure a ehcps/ statement although most likely involve an appeal.

I am a SEN parent and our school has high% SEN and many ASd all different some were quiet, some disruptive.
Getting a nhs diagnos is very slow and hard as we went through it but my child dident score on ASD pathway .
With covid many appointments been delayed and also thought Welsh NHS was even more backlogged than England.

Reactions: 3
I used to like her but find her Disney content so full she said florida is coming up.

In Wales they don't have EHCP they still call them statements.
If will and Bella has a asd diagnosis this doesn't always translate into a statement that = extra support and funding .
The majority ehcp at our school all have tas that help not the class ta but the class would have teacher, class ta and an additional ta to support the child you has ehcp.

Also out the loop on Welsh schools these days but many primary In my area now have s chill out room/ class for when asd kids get overwhelmed.
I know of a few girls with asd that have no ehcp or additional help.
As discussed sometimes presents more obvious in boys and they can be more disruptive thats been my experience over the years of my children having asd classmates they were all so different.
Will seems very well behaved.

A private diagnoses would help secure a ehcps/ statement although most likely involve an appeal.

I am a SEN parent and our school has high% SEN and many ASd all different some were quiet, some disruptive.
Getting a nhs diagnos is very slow and hard as we went through it but my child dident score on ASD pathway .
With covid many appointments been delayed and also thought Welsh NHS was even more backlogged than England.
Teacher in Wales here - you are correct saying a diagnosis doesn’t automatically mean any extra support and definitely not a statement. Some pupils will have a 1:1 if they struggle a lot but most is left to the class teacher to make extra arrangements to support the pupil.

we have many parents trying to play the system and wanting a diagnosis - some want it just so they have a ‘label’, others want the financial aspect unfortunately and some want the label as an excuse for their child’s behaviour.
We also have many pupils that we feel are on the spectrum but their parents don’t want to pursue anything as they are doing fine socially and educationally and they don’t feel a diagnosis will make any difference to them.
Watching her video made me very annoyed, almost like a child not getting their own way! It makes me think the school may not be very supportive of her autism claims or they are not seeing the behaviours she sees or there would be school based evidence. I wonder if any school based observations have taken place at all…

Reactions: 4
Teacher in Wales here - you are correct saying a diagnosis doesn’t automatically mean any extra support and definitely not a statement. Some pupils will have a 1:1 if they struggle a lot but most is left to the class teacher to make extra arrangements to support the pupil.

we have many parents trying to play the system and wanting a diagnosis - some want it just so they have a ‘label’, others want the financial aspect unfortunately and some want the label as an excuse for their child’s behaviour.
We also have many pupils that we feel are on the spectrum but their parents don’t want to pursue anything as they are doing fine socially and educationally and they don’t feel a diagnosis will make any difference to them.
Watching her video made me very annoyed, almost like a child not getting their own way! It makes me think the school may not be very supportive of her autism claims or they are not seeing the behaviours she sees or there would be school based evidence. I wonder if any school based observations have taken place at all…
Yes you quite correct theres 2 types of parents.

Those who seem to think a diagnosis/ehcp/ statement ( extra funding ) will magically change them.
It doesn't really benefit the parent in the way they think it will.
My child has a one to one ta funded by ehcp because it helps and support him access the curriculum.
Seen some in more severe cases where a ta is required to keep them save and others in the class.

Its common children behave differently at school.

Then other side of coin seen kids with massive behavior issues who clearly must have some form undiagnosed SEN.
Some parents are in denial and don't want stigma/ label although its really hard lengthy process to apply and get funding.
Our primary senco is only contacted for 1 morning a week its just not enough time do all the admin .
School are really struggling as they just don't have the time to apply for extra funding so many prioriterise the kids that need help.
The quietier well behaved sen children with busy less pushy/ confident parents don't place the same demand on school senco team.

I wonder if she claims DLA or carers?

I don't know what their local senior school is like does it have a resource base?
As many struggle with transition between primary and senior but I guess she choose same local school her eldest went to.
Is he year 5 or year 6?

If shes pursuing a statement then wouldn't a ed psychologist from LA be sent in to do school based observations.
Zara is only reception seems too early to tell maybe she cope better with year 1 as more structured.
I'm always amazed she keeps sending them in non uniform.
I have family and freinds in Wales and they don't wear what they like

Reactions: 2
Ah I didn’t realise Wales was so different. My son has a 1:1 which is absolutely essential. He’s one of the kids that needs it for the safety of him and other kids.

I don't know what their local senior school is like does it have a resource base?
As many struggle with transition between primary and senior but I guess she choose same local school her eldest went to.
Is he year 5 or year 6?

If shes pursuing a statement then wouldn't a ed psychologist from LA be sent in to do school based observations.
Zara is only reception seems too early to tell maybe she cope better with year 1 as more structured.
I'm always amazed she keeps sending them in non uniform.
I have family and freinds in Wales and they don't wear what they like
The Comprehensive is next door to the Primary school. and has a STF in it, same as the Primary it's for speech/language and communication difficulties. There are a couple of kids in the school who have a statement and they share extra support and one child has a 1.1
Even if she got a private diagnosis, it would not help getting help in school as they have to go through the NHS

It was so sad to see how much of the limelight Zara was in, in her latest vlog. Bella and will were just in the background looking at Rhi hoping she would include them 😔

Reactions: 2
She’s so clearly someone who has never worked in customer service. She is so rude. I hope she gets put in her place in the meeting she has set up, as I think she’s just hellbent on Zara getting an ASD diagnosis even though Rhi only just started talking about her supposed symptoms.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.