Rhi, Mummy of Four #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Private assessments don’t hold the same weight as NHS ones, they’re a bit of a waste of money from what I understand. Won’t access the same support.
Ah fair enough thanks for the info I wasn’t sure!
She’s being absolutely crazy- it’s like she thinks she can just stamp her feet and get what she wants- she is clearly where zara gets her entitled spoiled attitude from

Reactions: 2
Even if the consultant had agreed to the assessment, I suspect she still wouldn't be happy if it came back that Zara is not autistic after that. She definitely wants a diagnosis.

Reactions: 3
Right, I know a few of the school mums are lurking about here. Tell us, are the school really ‘fine’ with Christmas jumpers and dresses throughout December? Is this something all the children do?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
She hasn’t been able to list any traits of autism Zara has except meltdowns… all kids have tantrums, Rhi.

Reactions: 7
Right, I know a few of the school mums are lurking about here. Tell us, are the school really ‘fine’ with Christmas jumpers and dresses throughout December? Is this something all the children do?
No! Christmas jumper day obviously, party day, maybe non uniform day on last day of term… not every day if there is a uniform in place!

No! Christmas jumper day obviously, party day, maybe non uniform day on last day of term… not every day if there is a uniform in place!
Omg I’m so embarrassed for her. Those poor kids must stick out like sore thumbs.

No, Christmas jumper day is one day a year usually when the school Christmas dinner is served.
And no none of the other kids wear them every day, they are in uniform. The school prefers Uniform.

She hasn’t been able to list any traits of autism Zara has except meltdowns… all kids have tantrums, Rhi.
In fairness a autistic meltdowns vs a kids tantrum are different. I have one child with ASD and one without and they’re very different experiences. It sounds like she has something to go off of and the school have given evidence but she’s clearly keeping it close to her chest. I feel for her but I do think it should all be private.

She did herself no favours in that live this morning. So arrogant. The way she spoke about the junior doctor was disgusting. She actually believes she's right and they will be doing some training on autism in girls! And they're trying to "save face" but getting the school to do the questionnaire again. I bet she's going to be unbearable at the school now, trying to hint at them what to say on it.

She contradicts herself quite a lot. She's saying how autism presents differently in girls so of course the doctor wouldn't have seen autism in a few minutes of seeing Zara and she doesn't expect the school to notice after only knowing her a few weeks. Yet she also seems to make out its obvious she needs assessed and there's plenty evidence from school and how she was sitting lining stuff up??

It just seems about Rhi getting her own way now. I think she was so convinced it would be easy and straightforward getting Zara assessed because she warned the doctor at Bella's assessment to watch out for Zara's name coming up and now she's having a tantrum because it hasn't gone her way! She keeps comparing Bella and Zara and thinks Zara deserves the same as Bella but that's not how it works and as annoying as it is, covid DID happen and has caused delays. One of the questions she was asked was something along the lines of when she would stop if there was not enough evidence and she refused to accept that there was not enough evidence and just said there is plenty evidence and she needs assessed.

Reactions: 6
I’ve been thinking, and she could really use her platform for good in terms of autism/wider disability advocacy. The online disability community is huge. She could make a real impact while still giving her kids the privacy and autonomy they deserve.

But she seems so stuck up her own ass that I just can’t see her engaging with the wider community because the community would challenge a lot of the ableist ideas and behaviours she exhibits. I get the impression that she wouldn’t take too well to being challenged.

It’s very sad.

I’ve been thinking, and she could really use her platform for good in terms of autism/wider disability advocacy. The online disability community is huge. She could make a real impact while still giving her kids the privacy and autonomy they deserve.

But she seems so stuck up her own ass that I just can’t see her engaging with the wider community because the community would challenge a lot of the ableist ideas and behaviours she exhibits. I get the impression that she wouldn’t take too well to being challenged.

It’s very sad.
Defo- loads of us are waiting for appointments and assessments she’s just not reading the room! So many of us are in the same boat but don’t stomp our feet

Reactions: 1
I also thought it wasn’t fair of her when she said what the message was and didn’t even mention that the sender had actually put “I’d like to understand more” .. she wasn’t criticising, she wanted to understand and Rhi brought it across like she was picking on her when I didn’t see it that way.

Reactions: 5
I also thought it wasn’t fair of her when she said what the message was and didn’t even mention that the sender had actually put “I’d like to understand more” .. she wasn’t criticising, she wanted to understand and Rhi brought it across like she was picking on her when I didn’t see it that way.
She hasn’t done it for a while (thankfully) but she used to jump on Stories when people would criticise her/her content/etc and call people bullies and trolls. Very, very defensive at any opportunity.

• Wow
Slightly off the autism topic but does anyone else feel like her personality/tastes aren't really her own? Not sure if I'm making sense but, for example, the Disney obsession seems to have come along very suddenly and all the clothing, homeware, Xmas decs she has look to have been acquired recently. Someone who was that much of a fan I'd expect to have a few bits they'd picked up over the years. Also her furniture and homeware is all very samey Ikea stuff. Nothing wrong with that of course but most people have some personal touches dotted around aswell to mix things up a bit.
I personally think she is trying everything to up her views and following. Autism is a good one at that!

Nice that she can take a break from being raging to post an Affiliate link though 👍

I can just imagine all the parents with kids with much greater difficulties than Zara who would love to take their kids to Disney but know that they wouldn’t be able to because of overwhelm/sensory issues etc. Imagine having those difficulties and then listening to her stories harping on about how her daughter NEEDS AN ASSESSMENT NOW even though she is able to attend mainstream school and appears to be high functioning (not to say there might not be issues there but hardly enough to think she can jump ahead of those in much greater need).

Reactions: 7
Haven’t watched her for several months as the Disney stuff doesn’t interest me at all. I watched her live and couldn’t believe her attitude. It’s like that weird abuse when parents make up illnesses and diseases for attention.

she won’t be happy until all her children are formally diagnosed as SEN and she’s getting special attention for all of them.

I feel so sorry for Zara’s teacher. She must be feeling like she needs to lie on the form just to shut Rhi up.

I haven't looked at anything of hers for a long time as she us as dull as dish water!! Took a peek!! Why the hell is she discussing a child's medical issue with a world of strangers! Poor kids have nothing private!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.