Rewritten bridesmaid dress… deodorant marks

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I stupidly tried on my bridesmaid dress after just putting on deodorant. Despite it being a no mark one, it has left marks.

Trying not to panic….

Has anyone washed a rewritten dress before and did it come out ok? It’s the satin fabric. I’ll follow the wash instructions to the T but I’m a bit nervy incase it doesn’t come out perfect.

Or any advice on spot cleaning deodorant marks?

Back up plan is to order a new one but would rather not do that

Honestly, I’d just take it to the dry cleaners. Bridesmaid’s dress stress is no joke, I’d rather let the professionals deal with it - good luck!

Reactions: 2
If it’s the white deodorant marks I find rubbing them with another fabric (usually a T-shirt or sock) gets it off but I mainly have this problem with gym stuff which isn’t as risky as satin!!

I sometimes use a baby wipe but I would not recommend that on your bridesmaid dress just incase!!

If it’s a stain the like above would try dry cleaners as first port of call!

Reactions: 2
Try a dryer sheet!

Reactions: 1
Try a dryer sheet!
Ooh just rub it on the marks?

Thanks @Hamburglar and @Punchface… in my panic I totally forgot dry cleaners were a thing! Going to try the dryer sheet and if that fails will take it over to the DC.

Have also ordered a spare in case it all goes wrong! So thankful it’s from an online store!!

Yes, but please tread carefully with it being satin! Start small, gently and in the most inconspicuous place you can. Good luck!