Retroflame #5 Ring finger broken, engagement postponed, losing my influence, selling everything I own.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s quite sad that keelin posted her Barbados pics over the weekend after a quite obvious getting the ok from her sister. It’s pathetic and retro should be ashamed, she shouldn’t be making her sister come second all the time, what kinda of a sister does that
I completely agree! It is pathetic! Don’t know who is worse, Retro for being such a diva or Kaelin for being such a drip putting up with it! Grow a pair Kaelin!!

Reactions: 4
"the bag alone is one of my favourite parts of the whole thing" 🤦🏻‍♀️ I'm sure they'll be delighted with that Collab for skincare products!! All of the scientific work they've done in creating the creams but no, it's the retro plastic bag that's the best part of it. I can't cope 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Wonder how much she gets for a collab like this? Like 2% of sales or a flat fee?

Reactions: 2
Real talk (and maybe i just missed it) but she says shes been using pestle and mortar since like 2017… but has anyone ever seen her talk about using their products until this collab? Also shes gotten so much work done on her face, could anyone even know if the products work? Lol
She has talked about them often to be fair

Reactions: 1
My thoughts are:
1. Its a see through plastic cosmetics bag....great to see blood , sweat and tears went into designing that. Nothing at all to get excited about. Surely when collabing on the set, she could have used some creative flare in making the bag unique to her...as in a "retro" eyecatching design to make it stand out from all the other clear plastic bags that are available for a few euro.

2. Shes demonstrating the products by layering them over full foundation and concealer and skin smoothing filters.

3. Shes had recent cosmetic work done on her face plain to see when she smiles as her skin is stretching.

I cannot bear the use of filters when advertising makeup and skincare. I mean i use them myself for photos but i am not selling anything as they give a false perception!.

Reactions: 10
Fair enough , i do go through phases where i just tap through her stories. As they can be quite dull. Must have missed it! 🤣
Skincare brands I have heard her talk about:
1. Augustinus Bader
2. Kate Somerville
3. Skinceuticals
That’s all I remember so please feel free to add to list! They are all v expensive & I presumed she was talking about them to lure them in to “collaborating” with her.
I have heard her mention pestle & mortar before. It was the same guff about the brand bring Irish; meeting the owner; she is so so inspiring etc!!
I can’t remember what pestle & mortar product she showed before…I had the idea that it was a cleanser rather than serum/moisturiser but open to correction! However, I have watched enough of the “my nighttime skincare routine” to know it’s not a regular brand that she uses “all the time”.
I have a feeling that pestle & mortar is going to be “game changing” like the frigging electric toothbrush!

Reactions: 6
I’m still thinking on her ‘I approached them with an idea’ what to put it in a bag? The p&m stuff is all travel size anyway. She’s such a spoofer. Must cost it out and see what discount is cause some sites do 15-20 off P&M anyhow.

Skincare brands I have heard her talk about:
1. Augustinus Bader
2. Kate Somerville
3. Skinceuticals
That’s all I remember so please feel free to add to list! They are all v expensive & I presumed she was talking about them to lure them in to “collaborating” with her.
I have heard her mention pestle & mortar before. It was the same guff about the brand bring Irish; meeting the owner; she is so so inspiring etc!!
I can’t remember what pestle & mortar product she showed before…I had the idea that it was a cleanser rather than serum/moisturiser but open to correction! However, I have watched enough of the “my nighttime skincare routine” to know it’s not a regular brand that she uses “all the time”.
I have a feeling that pestle & mortar is going to be “game changing” like the frigging electric toothbrush!
I think she has mentioned Emma Hardie skincare outside of advertising too.

Reactions: 3
I think she has mentioned Emma Hardie skincare outside of advertising too.
Supergoop also, i think they brought out an SPF highlighter and eye shadow range that she mentioned once before but i am not sure if it was a collab or personal use.

Icertain influencers promoting skincare. I look at some of them thinking they look wrecked, if it’s not working for them it certainly won’t work for me. Retro is no different.

Another thought, products that already existed being put in a plastic Penney’s travel bag is classed as a collab? Expressions like blood, sweat and tears and a seeing it come to life are all very extreme. A piece of paper saying Retro Flame and a plastic bag. Retro is right she came with an “IDEA”. I would be proud of that clear travel bag too. GROUNDBREAKING.

I wonder why the 2 posts for the product launch have the likes hidden. Only posts on her feed with likes hidden.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I was thinking similarly. Blood sweat and tears and months of work?? How?? She didn't create the products they already existed? Pick 5 and put them in a bag??

Also from a marketing perspective besides the bit of cardboard that covers it and says X Retro Flame. Once you take that off how would someone know about the collab?

Reactions: 7
The sky fox probably concealed the numbers as it’s a flop, like the dodgy work she’s had done to her face! The comment numbers speak for themselves! Such a laughable ground breaking collab, she basically picked picked 5 things she liked from the brand and they put it in a box 😂 words fail me

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The sky fox probably concealed the numbers as it’s a flop, like the dodgy work she’s had done to her face! The comment numbers speak for themselves! Such a laughable ground breaking collab, she basically picked picked 5 things she liked from the brand and they put it in a box 😂 words fail me
The most pathetic "collab" EVER!!!!

Reactions: 3
Out of the 24 comments on her latest post saying they have gone live - I can see only 1 person is a regular follower/potential consumer. 13 comments are Retro and P&M and the other 10 comments are from friends, other bloggers and brands! That’s the worst engagement I’ve ever seen.
I would really like to ask her in the Q&A can she explain what exactly entailed this almost year long project. I genuinely don’t understand how this could be a full on collab that took so long! Make it make sense

Reactions: 8
I watched the YouTube vlog…behind the scenes of p&m collab! When she goes into the bathroom to take off her make, she says that she first uses the “erase” cleansing balm, which is not in the “kit” & then goes in with the cleanser (renew, I think) that is in the “kit”. Is she seriously attempting to flog a kit with a video that more or less says that the cleanser included is no good for taking off make up?! Am I mishearing it?!

in all of her blood sweat and tears that went into her latest #colab, she really should have included in some sort of an baggy eye cream because with All of her Botox her eyes have been left behind. In her latest whing fest about her hard drive, her eyes are years older than the rest of her face. Even her filter can’t hide it. Baffles me why someone is allowed to use filters when they’re working with a skin care brand.

in all of her blood sweat and tears that went into her latest #colab, she really should have included in some sort of an baggy eye cream because with All of her Botox her eyes have been left behind. In her latest whing fest about her hard drive, her eyes are years older than the rest of her face. Even her filter can’t hide it. Baffles me why someone is allowed to use filters when they’re working with a skin care brand.
Just look at her mother, retro ain't going to age well. I know her style is very mature lady like but she definitely looks closer to 40. Like she has literally just turned 30.

Plans trip, vlogs trip home
The usually taxi view over the Brooklyn bridge & NYC skyline
The mother collects them at airport with Vogue
Home for the Chinese
Kaelin decorating the tree
Mums decorated the table for dinner
SuperValu coldslaw
Ballymalloe relish
Packing the bags to come home
Mother includes Cadbury & Tattoo in bags to go home

Anything I'm forgetting??
Christmas drinks in that pub is it TJ Reids? A free stay in one of the killarney hotels and a paid trip to kildare village.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
And a night in that hotel off grafton st, the name escapes me - the one with Balfes - i remember now, the Westbury

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.