Retro Flame #7 Soooow soooooow nice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Made an account just to say this! Can’t remember how I found it, I’m sure some deep googling would give you the results ( could be deleted now) but I found Retros accounts earlier this year. She earned €150k last year. Now, she’s registered as an LTD. and considering the family background,
I’m SURE she’s managing to dodge taxes. So it’s safe to assume she’s took home at least €100k after taxes last year. Considering she gets so much stuff for free including flights, clothes, dinners etc her only major outgoings would be her rent etc so this explains the Hamptons.
Yeah but she has to pay her sisters wages out of that. How much do you guys reckon she pays her? 30 or 40k USD or way less? I know her sister has a side job in a bar 100%.

She has to have a side gig to be earning that. Wonder is she managing sm accounts or something for others, cause no way she’s making that off her ads. Wonder why they can’t make next two weddings. Visa issues?
I think its possible she is making that off her ads. This is why everyone wants to be an influencer. It pays big money.

Reactions: 3
She has to have a side gig to be earning that. Wonder is she managing sm accounts or something for others, cause no way she’s making that off her ads. Wonder why they can’t make next two weddings. Visa issues?
I also found Louise Cooney’s accounts, and she earned about €200k…. So clearly there IS money in what they’re doing. Don’t know how but they have a similar follower count and income. Retros accounts didn’t include employees so I think she must be paying Kaitlyn €20k a year or so and she’s supplementing the rest of her income with a part time job. This would make sense considering her apartment is much smaller etc and David is working. Just a theory! It’s been bugging me not knowing!

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I also found Louise Cooney’s accounts, and she earned about €200k…. So clearly there IS money in what they’re doing. Don’t know how but they have a similar follower count and income. Retros accounts didn’t include employees so I think she must be paying Kaitlyn €20k a year or so and she’s supplementing the rest of her income with a part time job. This would make sense considering her apartment is much smaller etc and David is working. Just a theory! It’s been bugging me not knowing!
I’m almost more baffled how Kaitlyn and David afford to keep up with Retro’s lifestyle. She must be earning next to nothing, and I don’t think his job is high earning either. Their apartment seems pretty nice and at least $4.5k a month I’d say. And if Retro is earning €100k… the sad reality is that is pretty low to afford NYC - especially what she’s out and about doing… guess Tommy must be on a decent salary, or it’s the parents.

Reactions: 11
I don’t mind Erika in comparison to FBG who is lazy with her content but I definitely think this whole trying to live the Upper East Side/Gossip Girl/rich socialite thing is very dated, no one really has much interest in that anymore, if they even did to start with. It’s just the same thing over and over again since 2012 and unfortunately makes NYC look very boring, which is most certainly isn’t.
This is so true! She’s about 10 years behind, I work on the UES and no one dresses like this anymore 😂 I couldn’t put my finger on it but she eludes this 2015 NYC image, very gossip girl.

Made an account just to say this! Can’t remember how I found it, I’m sure some deep googling would give you the results ( could be deleted now) but I found Retros accounts earlier this year. She earned €150k last year. Now, she’s registered as an LTD. and considering the family background,
I’m SURE she’s managing to dodge taxes. So it’s safe to assume she’s took home at least €100k after taxes last year. Considering she gets so much stuff for free including flights, clothes, dinners etc her only major outgoings would be her rent etc so this explains the Hamptons.
I think those are just her Irish accounts, anything she earns stateside will never be made public. $100K is an average salary in NYC in the corporate world. You’d actually be paycheck to paycheck on that. It’s grim. I would put her up around $250 maybe 3 all in and if Tammy’s in sales, likely 150-300K as well.

Reactions: 5
This is so true! She’s about 10 years behind, I work on the UES and no one dresses like this anymore 😂 I couldn’t put my finger on it but she eludes this 2015 NYC image, very gossip girl.

I think those are just her Irish accounts, anything she earns stateside will never be made public. $100K is an average salary in NYC in the corporate world. You’d actually be paycheck to paycheck on that. It’s grim. I would put her up around $250 maybe 3 all in and if Tammy’s in sales, likely 150-300K as well.
Completely agree. But she has very little outgoings. If she’s earning €150k and isn’t paying for flights, get sponsored hotels / dinners / clothes etc she probably ONLY has rent costs. Like I’ve never seen her in designer clothes that wasn’t sponsored? (Maybe someone can correct me on this) And as everyone says, it’s a lot of smoke and mirrors I think. Like if we actually stripped back everything she does / owns and looked at things that AREN’T sponsored.. she probably spends less on clothes and food than we do 😭
I’d love peoples input on this because it’s literally been on my mind every time she posts lol

Reactions: 7
Completely agree. But she has very little outgoings. If she’s earning €150k and isn’t paying for flights, get sponsored hotels / dinners / clothes etc she probably ONLY has rent costs. Like I’ve never seen her in designer clothes that wasn’t sponsored? (Maybe someone can correct me on this) And as everyone says, it’s a lot of smoke and mirrors I think. Like if we actually stripped back everything she does / owns and looked at things that AREN’T sponsored.. she probably spends less on clothes and food than we do 😭
I’d love peoples input on this because it’s literally been on my mind every time she posts lol
There is alot of stuff she sells also, doesn’t she have a depop or similar.

Definitely, I suppose if you’re getting all of that for free you’re not spending much at all. The revolve code she shared with the 10% off code, I am thinking she gets that 10% or a cut for every code used. Im not sure she’s using American advertising standards correctly, a girl I used to work with left our industry for influencing and only has 25k followers but we think she is making BANK! She puts “eligible for commission on all of her threads”. I don’t see retro doing that. She’s very different to the American influencers as well, which I do appreciate because most of them are so CRINGE 😂 I think she could make more if she conformed but she keeps the aesthetic for the more designer/up market brand deals

She’s back to the apartment view post (living in a New York apartment seems to be her only personality trait)…after her prior two posts barely hit 100 likes. Why would Anne Taylor and Tiffany & co work with her for 100 likes! I would love if she done a realistic vlog talking about things like this if she’s struggling for contint etc. Be real and relatable and she would actually get so many more followers interested in her life! Especially if they had side hustles and the vlog was about how hard it is living in nyc! They are stuck in the old Insta aesthetic of pretending everything is perfect, so outdated! I actually don’t mean this to be mean, just as constructive criticism!

Reactions: 16
Exactly. Get yourself to Brooklyn you absolute wannabe. Live a little.

Reactions: 2
She’s back to the apartment view post (living in a New York apartment seems to be her only personality trait)…after her prior two posts barely hit 100 likes. Why would Anne Taylor and Tiffany & co work with her for 100 likes! I would love if she done a realistic vlog talking about things like this if she’s struggling for contint etc. Be real and relatable and she would actually get so many more followers interested in her life! Especially if they had side hustles and the vlog was about how hard it is living in nyc! They are stuck in the old Insta aesthetic of pretending everything is perfect, so outdated! I actually don’t mean this to be mean, just as constructive criticism!
She would never do that because she doesn’t think she’s struggling and is convinced her life is perfect… it’s easy to do when money is clearly no object and time is irrelevant…

She would never do that because she doesn’t think she’s struggling and is convinced her life is perfect… it’s easy to do when money is clearly no object and time is irrelevant…
Yeah I know she would never do it lol My point is more so that people are not interested in just a perfect aesthetic feed, posing in designer clothes, anymore. People want a bit of a story and personality etc. I guess she still has the following though so why bother 🤷‍♀️ Anyone who built up a following years ago on Instagram had it much easier than nowadays when reach is so low. And once there, it’s difficult to lose a huge following. A lot of ppl prob don’t even realise they still follow her.

Kaelin's stories yesterday showing the immaculate, fully equipped kitchen in their rental, hotly followed by a shot of takeaway Margarita pizza 🤣
I wonder where they will go for $pasta in tomato sauce$ this weekend?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I've given up watching, the repetitive stories of iced coffee and central park were getting to me. had a look today and when you haven't watched in weeks it becomes even more apparent how dull this girl is. The David Gray gig😴😴😴😴and once her ladyship gets her stories up first kaelin can then post.

Her “work” event was ruggable and she bought her tag along with her! Why? Why was she invited least alone her shadow! Little miss “I only share brands I love, use myself, buy myself” no doubt the food was wasted on this bland, disingenuous fraud

I've given up watching, the repetitive stories of iced coffee and central park were getting to me. had a look today and when you haven't watched in weeks it becomes even more apparent how dull this girl is. The David Gray gig😴😴😴😴and once her ladyship gets her stories up first kaelin can then post.
Will you not miss the white couch though?🤔
That view🥱

• Haha
I'll be honest I totally forgot about this borefest.
I've been watching Laura Dorgan and although I don't follow for the fitness stuff, I love how she gets up for her run and stops off to watch the morning gigs for US tv. And wjat she shows of NY, there's so much happening around the city not that Retro would make the most of it.
Laura has so much energy and drive.

Reactions: 10
Have to agree with this as well and would like to add onto the "smoke and mirrors" point of view: Erika might actually have more money than we will ever find out about-I sometimes wonder how some of my coworkers can afford certain lavish things since I know what our industry standard for pay is; but plenty of people have different sources of income that only they know about, whether it's family helping them out, investments, a frugal private life and they only post the good stuff, or a secret side hustle. As everyone has said; she gets a lot of things gifted so she's not spending money on everything she posts. Plus like most OOTD huns, she's likely selling and returning a good bunch of her clothes, and maybe she's even renting some of her outfits with a sizeable discount code and just not posting about it. It also helps if you have rich friends or friends with rich parents. I've stayed at some amazing places for the weekend for nothing (we brought our own food and cleaned up of course) and dined out at high end restaurants for super cheap simply because I had a friend or family friend who hooked us up. Some people don't want to be publicly acknowledged for it (to keep the begging at bay) so this would definitely work out for someone like Erika who wants to project that SATC/Gossip Girl lifestyle.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Why do all influencers have to write “wholesome weekend” when they were just outside during the summer. Wholesome? Let’s all copy each others words. You spent the weekend outside, going for walks and doing normal stuff. Doesn’t need a stupid wholesome tag alongside “photo dump”.

but ok, go ahead and dump your photos so we can all see your wholesome weekend 😂😂😂

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.