Retro Flame #7 Soooow soooooow nice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bar/Wait staff in NYC can clean up on tips (undeclared off course) depending on the clientele of the place.

So I can easily see these guys doing that as their side-hustle.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ulrika is working in some high net worth industry (that's not social media influencing) due to her appearance.

Reactions: 7
I have zero judgment for anyone working in the service industry it's tough work, I work retail in NY, but it's the dishonesty for me. If you're an influencer you are showing your lifestyle, that's part of the job, so to be dishonest about your actual life is swindling your audience who are the ones buying the crap you're peddling. As someone said previously, they'd be far more successful and relatable if they were honest about the real NY lifestyle. They are selling a NY dream lifestyle to an Irish audience who don't live here and think they are living the dream. The reality of NY life is far rougher and harder.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Things must be going south for them surely?! I always feel like retros invested in another business in either NY or here though

I really feel their time has come, it’s over, they are no longer relevant and can’t even be truthful to their followers, I’d say she is fuming keelins fella was spotted by a tatler working

Reactions: 14
They'll be home for Xmas again I suppose. But a sun hol right before it I bet!

Reactions: 8
Does she read here? Posting loads of stories again all of a sudden!! And yes, agree with the above commenter, their time has come and past for sure - like there is nothing unique or captivating about them anymore! And as people keep saying, there’s nothing honest or authentic about them at all

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Does Kaelin actually work in a bar or is that an assumption? I’m honestly glad to hear this, you have to hustle in NYC she’s also a lot younger than Erika. I find it so strange they don’t want to be perceived as hard workers, nothing wrong with putting the energy into the lifestyle they choose to live, but because it’s all smoke and mirrors you can’t help but assume it’s their parents funding it.

Again… it’s one of the things that would give them content and make them relatable to show the hustle you have to put in to live the life in New York… unless of course it goes against visa rules…

Reactions: 6
Does Kaelin actually work in a bar or is that an assumption? I’m honestly glad to hear this, you have to hustle in NYC she’s also a lot younger than Erika. I find it so strange they don’t want to be perceived as hard workers, nothing wrong with putting the energy into the lifestyle they choose to live, but because it’s all smoke and mirrors you can’t help but assume it’s their parents funding it.
If Kaelin is still on an O2 visa (which is directly tied to Erica's O1) she wouldn't legally be allowed to work in a bar. If it's true, that's probably why there's no mention of it. I'd say David might be in a similar space. The only way you can really work at a bar like that would be if you have a green card or the work permit you get while waiting for the green card, but I don't see him having either of those yet. Most visas are directly tied to jobs/a particular industry so unless he got his visa approved for working in the hospitality industry and maybe he's the bar/restaurant manager and went through the proper channels via an H1B or O1, it wouldn't be looked on too favorably by immigration. Thousands of people do it though so I'm not judging them, but I doubt we'd ever hear them talk about it.

Its not an assumption. I've a source lol

• Wow
So they have been caught out again. As noted the condition of the visas they are on would not allow for work in a bar, If She is there is no way she would be paying taxes on said income, which would be tax fraud!
These two truly are vile and I truly believe they are untouchable. I hope they face the adequate repercussions for their shady deceptiveness!

Reactions: 8
I know it won’t happen but I hope karma gets them and their visas aren’t renewed. It may sound harsh but those visas are wasted on them and there are people who would kill for a US visa.

So they have been caught out again. As noted the condition of the visas they are on would not allow for work in a bar, If She is there is no way she would be paying taxes on said income, which would be tax fraud!
These two truly are vile and I truly believe they are untouchable. I hope they face the adequate repercussions for their shady deceptiveness!
She can work at a bar in NYC without paying taxes, it’s mostly tips anyway so not much to declare. At one stage I knew a good few Irish working in nyc bars without visas, it’s great money. I’d love to the know their visa situation being irish abroad myself, I have dual nationalities but even if I wanted to bring an Irish partner here I’d have to pay $10K and go through a years paperwork. I’d also imagine the US has tightened up on that influencer visa she was allegedly on. There’s so many wannabe influencers these days it can’t be legal to just jump on a plane and move country because you have X following. There must be more to it, whoever mentioned the parents investing might be right. It’s all I can think of 🤷🏻‍♀️

She can work at a bar in NYC without paying taxes, it’s mostly tips anyway so not much to declare. At one stage I knew a good few Irish working in nyc bars without visas, it’s great money. I’d love to the know their visa situation being irish abroad myself, I have dual nationalities but even if I wanted to bring an Irish partner here I’d have to pay $10K and go through a years paperwork. I’d also imagine the US has tightened up on that influencer visa she was allegedly on. There’s so many wannabe influencers these days it can’t be legal to just jump on a plane and move country because you have X following. There must be more to it, whoever mentioned the parents investing might be right. It’s all I can think of 🤷🏻‍♀️
In regard to working anywhere tips should be claimed as income and, in turn, be subject to taxation from the IRS. Anything over $20 in a month. However if they were not ment to be working outside of their visa terms they would be illegally pocketing their “cash in hand” with no paper trail. We all know how deceptive they are and obviously don’t follow the laws of the land given their behavior

In regard to working anywhere tips should be claimed as income and, in turn, be subject to taxation from the IRS. Anything over $20 in a month. However if they were not ment to be working outside of their visa terms they would be illegally pocketing their “cash in hand” with no paper trail. We all know how deceptive they are and obviously don’t follow the laws of the land given their behavior
In fairness, pocketing cash in hand and not declaring it is basically tradition - so many Irish have done this and will continue to do so!

In fairness, pocketing cash in hand and not declaring it is basically tradition - so many Irish have done this and will continue to do so!
Oh course that’s a given. However my problem with these sly foxes is that they are claiming that they are living their best lives as “Entrepreneurs” on a visa and eluding that they are so busy with meetings. They will NEVER be transparent because they think they are better than people with their so nice hotels, luxury items, dentist office apartment. To people constantly questioning where the money is coming from with the non existent “con” tint! It is fact evident that things are not adding up nor have they been for quite some time! Their fraudster parents certainly taught them the tricks of the trade.

Oh course that’s a given. However my problem with these sly foxes is that they are claiming that they are living their best lives as “Entrepreneurs” on a visa and eluding that they are so busy with meetings. They will NEVER be transparent because they think they are better than people with their so nice hotels, luxury items, dentist office apartment. To people constantly questioning where the money is coming from with the non existent “con” tint! It is fact evident that things are not adding up nor have they been for quite some time! Their fraudster parents certainly taught them the tricks of the trade.
I get what your saying, but its exactly the type of thing you wouldnt speak about on a public instagram that is definitely reviewed as part of the visa process.

Sidenote: they all go away so much that they must def do it on a fairly casual basis, for just a few weeks at a time when cash is running low id say!

Reactions: 3
They’ve somehow managed to get O-1 and O-2 visas, my guess is that the parents know the right people. I don’t know how Erika can qualify again for an O-1 considering she doesn’t really post anymore? I can’t imagine she’d be doing something really lucrative on the dl and not be bragging about how it’s sooo good.

I really think what others is saying is true, the end of RF is coming, and we’re all just waiting to see how it unfolds.

Reactions: 2
The thing with the O visa is that it’s for people ‘with demonstrated extraordinary abilities’ in a given field…how retro managed to justify the visa is simply extraordinary in itself.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.