Retro Flame #6 #FreeKaelin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Welcome to the new thread gals: take a seat on the couch and the dentist will see you shortly.
Thanks to @MiamooMoo for new thread title
Anyone want to recap thread #5?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I can’t get over the muck Heleeeeena brought over for them. Cheap pasta and dolmio stir ins!! And centra own brand biscuits. She must have checked in a suitcase of food alone and it’s all muck.

i’d be mortified to bring my mother over to visit me and the next day she’s up at the crack of dawn and then cleaning and making soup for me?!

Reactions: 11
I hope they're not forcing the mother sleep on the Prawn Ring couch.

She'll need an air ambulance back to Ireland from the scoliosis it'll give her.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Going out to their favourite pasta place. Why not stay in and whip out the stir in Dolmio. It would actually be a great ad for them to Dolmio . The most well traveled pasta sauce ever lol

• Haha
Reactions: 15
A box of rice and lose oatmeal was also included 🥴
The mother is a bit strange. Organising retros presses and making soup the second she arrives? Landing with a suitcase full of crap food? I'd say she's extremely overpowering. I get the impression at times they are both a little embarrassed by her too, they never record her much talking, there's the odd picture but that's it. Like the welcome from them and her reaction in the airport was so wooden for a free aer lingus flight "reuniting" family. Hey mom... And stops recording, no hugs, nothing. Strange

The mother is a bit strange. Organising retros presses and making soup the second she arrives? Landing with a suitcase full of crap food? I'd say she's extremely overpowering. I get the impression at times they are both a little embarrassed by her too, they never record her much talking, there's the odd picture but that's it. Like the welcome from them and her reaction in the airport was so wooden for a free aer lingus flight "reuniting" family. Hey mom... And stops recording, no hugs, nothing. Strange
She is exactly what Retro is striving to be. Boring, bland, and basic, overpowering, but with a designer pair of sunglasses balancing on her head or a designer handbag hanging on her arm to appear "posh"...

• Haha
I love the thread title! It’s brilliant & made me laugh out loud!
However…I have to say…I don’t want to free Kaelin! (Don’t hate me!) I used to feel sorry for her, but now I’ve come to the conclusion that she’s either too dopey to decide anything for herself (even the most basic things like drinking iced coffee & green tea cos retro said so) or, she actually likes it this way! My guess is she likes it this way, as otherwise, there is no way the boyf would go along with any of this! I base this, in particular, on the trip they took to California (just before the retro birthday saga & before Barbados). Kaelin said this trip was an anniversary trip for herself & the boyf, which they had to rearrange due to Covid. Retro & Tammy invited themselves along…on an anniversary trip. After that I thought…Kaelin must be ok with this, as there is no way it could happen otherwise. Am I raving?!

Reactions: 9
Doesn't Kaelin only have her visa because she's employed by Retro? I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Retro plays that card often! She has to be centre of attention.

Reactions: 6
Well I wasn't wrong, saks 5th avenue, the rockafeller centre were today's activities, all of which I've seen them all do hundreds of times. Never do anything remotely different😴. And of course mom is cooking up one of her feasts🙄couldn't just be dinner, always a feast when mom cooks. The mother actually seems really wasteful with food and uncapable of judging how many she's cooking for. I remember last Christmas when they were home the mother made a full Irish which no joke was like a hotel breakfast. She actually had the rashers and waffles on huge catering platters!!

Reactions: 9
I love the thread title! It’s brilliant & made me laugh out loud!
However…I have to say…I don’t want to free Kaelin! (Don’t hate me!) I used to feel sorry for her, but now I’ve come to the conclusion that she’s either too dopey to decide anything for herself (even the most basic things like drinking iced coffee & green tea cos retro said so) or, she actually likes it this way! My guess is she likes it this way, as otherwise, there is no way the boyf would go along with any of this! I base this, in particular, on the trip they took to California (just before the retro birthday saga & before Barbados). Kaelin said this trip was an anniversary trip for herself & the boyf, which they had to rearrange due to Covid. Retro & Tammy invited themselves along…on an anniversary trip. After that I thought…Kaelin must be ok with this, as there is no way it could happen otherwise. Am I raving?!
No, fully agree with you! I don't get how anyone thinks theres anything unique or more relateable etc with Kaelin versus Erika. If anything she's even duller.....

Reactions: 4
Well I wasn't wrong, saks 5th avenue, the rockafeller centre were today's activities, all of which I've seen them all do hundreds of times. Never do anything remotely different😴. And of course mom is cooking up one of her feasts🙄couldn't just be dinner, always a feast when mom cooks. The mother actually seems really wasteful with food and uncapable of judging how many she's cooking for. I remember last Christmas when they were home the mother made a full Irish which no joke was like a hotel breakfast. She actually had the rashers and waffles on huge catering platters!!
I got the impression they had a houseful of extended family for that "feast", despite Covid restrictions.
It didn't look great either, did it 😁
But I suppose most of us are sentimental for a Mammy meal from time to time, regardless of quality!

Reactions: 8
I got the impression they had a houseful of extended family for that "feast", despite Covid restrictions.
It didn't look great either, did it 😁
But I suppose most of us are sentimental for a Mammy meal from time to time, regardless of quality!
I remember thinking it looked awful, everything was over cooked, millions of the birdseye waffles because we are obsessed 🙄 the amount of food was insane. Maybe they were having people over because it was laid out like a hotel buffet breakfast.

Reactions: 4
Seriously, the way they go on about the mother you'd swear she was a Mitchelin star chef. Her food never looks that appealing. If my mother came to my house and started rearranging my presses I'd be mortified. They are still very much under Helena's thumb. God help Erika when ever the wedding happens. Guaranteed the mother will be in white.

Reactions: 16
Tbh I’m expecting Helena to whip out a few zip locked bags of the bleeping Indian they love so much from killarney 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Tbh I’m expecting Helena to whip out a few zip locked bags of the bleeping Indian they love so much from killarney 🤣🤣🤣
this made me snort. Frying up a pan of big chunks of green peppers and Urika calling it a ‘feast’

• Sick
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.