Retro Flame #6 #FreeKaelin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The mother closing Kaelins suitcase in the vlog! While the 2 muppets stand and watch!!! I can't imagine letting my 60/70 year old mother break her back closing my suitcase! Such childish behaviour!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The mother closing Kaelins suitcase in the vlog! While the 2 muppets stand and watch!!! I can't imagine letting my 60/70 year old mother break her back closing my suitcase! Such childish behaviour!
60/70 year old mother made me laugh. I put her in her late 50s

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Her face is so frozen and the area around her mouth and nose looks quare odd

Reactions: 3
If anyone wants a laugh go to Kaelin's latest TikTok. It popped up on FYP and I was shocked.

It was her saying "never imagined growing up in rural Ireland that this would be my view someday" with the view of the city from her apartment.

The comments were flooded with young Irish girls asking "omg how can I do this?"

The answer- have a sister who has a semi-impressive insta following, parents who defaulted on a load of Celtic tiger era loans but still have money to bankroll your lifestyles, and then move to the states on the back of your sister's career.

I have nothing against Kaelin but it's the most unrealistic Irish in NY story ever.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
If anyone wants a laugh go to Kaelin's latest TikTok. It popped up on FYP and I was shocked.

It was her saying "never imagined growing up in rural Ireland that this would be my view someday" with the view of the city from her apartment.

The comments were flooded with young Irish girls asking "omg how can I do this?"

The answer- have a sister who has a semi-impressive insta following, parents who defaulted on a load of Celtic tiger era loans but still have money to bankroll your lifestyles, and then move to the states on the back of your sister's career.

I have nothing against Kaelin but it's the most unrealistic Irish in NY story ever.
I know social media is used as an escape sometimes, but posts like Kaelin's (and her sister's) create such a false sense of reality for young, impressionable minds because it isn't the norm. A majority of my friends & coworkers who moved to the US from other countries on their own did so through really, really hard work and a ton of scrimping and saving for years. While some of them do make a good wage and can (on occasion) afford fancy trips/dinners/apartments like the Foxes, it's not without sacrificing their time at work (and sanity) and not being able to fly home to see their families whenever they feel like it. This is why so many Gen-Z'ers would rather try to make it as social media influencers than pursue higher education. If I were getting paid more than someone who has a "normal" job and simultaneously being gifted with freebies, then finding motivation to put more time, energy, and stress into a different avenue would be challenging.

Reactions: 12
I know social media is used as an escape sometimes, but posts like Kaelin's (and her sister's) create such a false sense of reality for young, impressionable minds because it isn't the norm. A majority of my friends & coworkers who moved to the US from other countries on their own did so through really, really hard work and a ton of scrimping and saving for years. While some of them do make a good wage and can (on occasion) afford fancy trips/dinners/apartments like the Foxes, it's not without sacrificing their time at work (and sanity) and not being able to fly home to see their families whenever they feel like it. This is why so many Gen-Z'ers would rather try to make it as social media influencers than pursue higher education. If I were getting paid more than someone who has a "normal" job and simultaneously being gifted with freebies, then finding motivation to put more time, enegery, and stress into a different avenue would be challenging.
I’d say this is probably the only way to do well in New York I’m a commercial surveyor and a few people from my firm went to the New York office and were really shocked at how cut throat it is compared to in Uk (and it can be quite cut throat here!) so it must have been quite bad there! Just working for hours and hours just to get by. The majority ended up coming back as they got a bit older as living in an apartment as a young family didn’t appeal compared to the lifestyle they could have in uk.
I just don’t understand where her money is coming from maybe her partner has a well paid job he comes across as a decent bloke but if he’s been with Erika this long he’s clearly not the sharpest tool in the box!

Reactions: 10
I’d say this is probably the only way to do well in New York I’m a commercial surveyor and a few people from my firm went to the New York office and were really shocked at how cut throat it is compared to in Uk (and it can be quite cut throat here!) so it must have been quite bad there! Just working for hours and hours just to get by. The majority ended up coming back as they got a bit older as living in an apartment as a young family didn’t appeal compared to the lifestyle they could have in uk.
I just don’t understand where her money is coming from maybe her partner has a well paid job he comes across as a decent bloke but if he’s been with Erika this long he’s clearly not the sharpest tool in the box!
I would say the parents are helping financially in some way, their family dynamic is very odd. They are very entwined in eachothers lives. I get the impression the mother loves the fact her two girls are living in NY, it sounds glamorous I guess.
I get the vibe that appearances are everything to them.

Reactions: 14
I would say the parents are helping financially in some way, their family dynamic is very odd. They are very entwined in eachothers lives. I get the impression the mother loves the fact her two girls are living in NY, it sounds glamorous I guess.
I get the vibe that appearances are everything to them.
That’s probably why the ‘Mom’ has the pulling power to get them home every Christmas 🎄
She clicks her fingers 😜
If they were earning 100% their own dollars they’d tell her to get lost

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Lol she just said that she tried salmon for the first time last night. It took her 30 years to try salmon? She's got the taste buds of a 10 year old.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
I know social media is used as an escape sometimes, but posts like Kaelin's (and her sister's) create such a false sense of reality for young, impressionable minds because it isn't the norm. A majority of my friends & coworkers who moved to the US from other countries on their own did so through really, really hard work and a ton of scrimping and saving for years. While some of them do make a good wage and can (on occasion) afford fancy trips/dinners/apartments like the Foxes, it's not without sacrificing their time at work (and sanity) and not being able to fly home to see their families whenever they feel like it. This is why so many Gen-Z'ers would rather try to make it as social media influencers than pursue higher education. If I were getting paid more than someone who has a "normal" job and simultaneously being gifted with freebies, then finding motivation to put more time, energy, and stress into a different avenue would be challenging.
I feel like I've taken wrong turns in my life looking at that apartment! Stupid degree and proper job. My sister has a PhD and a good job in NYC and her husband is a doctor doing further training. They live in a nice but normal apartment in an affordable area of Brooklyn. If the Foxes are earning that much from just posting nonsense on Instagram, it's an indictment of our society and the values we have.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.