Restless leg syndrome. Anyone else suffer?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I suffer too, alcohol makes it worse for me. I take ropinirole, which works perfect for me. My husband calls me Elvis legs!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Yeah I suffer with this once or twice it’s kept me awake ALL night and actually made me pull muscles from me having to constantly move my legs and tap my feet I can’t keep still when it happens :( I generally have it at a low level all the time I’m always tapping my foot or it feels weird. But some nights it’s awful

• Heart
Reactions: 2
As a teenager I had this really bad. The old “growing pains” diagnosis and a pat on the back at the doctors and I was in pain for years. I’d itch and scratch my legs to the bone and spend hours crying at night time because I was so angry.

I am so incredibly lucky, that as I started to become more active and take vitamin b12, and magnesium i suffer a lot less now. When I am worked up, and stressed and not doing much with my time I find that some nights i find myself back in pain. Epsom salt baths, and if you are able; increasing your physical activity during the day really helped me. I know every one is always going to be different and I can’t empathise enough with people going through this. It really is awful. There was an interesting documentary on tv a couple years back

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Suffering from Restless Body a lot of nights now, since having my first baby back in October. It is horrendous. Some nights I don’t get to sleep for hours, my body just feels that irritated 😭

• Heart
hi, thought i'd bump this thread as mine has been awful lately! i was surprised to find something about this on tattle, and while it's very sad to hear about you guys suffering with it, it's comforting to know there are people with the same issue. i've never met someone irl. although after reading this thread i'll think twice about having a baby as so many of you have said it gets worse with pregnancy 😂

my rls tends to keep me awake most nights and it drives me crazy. i end up running around the house, going outside for fag after fag after fag, i've developed a ''fear'' of going to bed or doing anything wrong that might trigger it. sometimes my poor bf will lean on my right leg (which is my worse one) and i'll immediately scream at him to get off it so to not trigger my rls. i've tried many things already:
  • various sleeping pills - my doctor had even prescribed me sanval which she said would put elephants to sleep and it didn't work 🐘
  • valerian: tea and drops, it helped for a while but not long (i don't think anyone on here mentioned it so i'd definitely try!!!)
  • all kinds of different teas including chamomile, never helped
  • checking my blood levels - i was not defficient in anything (including vitamin d, i live in a very sunny place so that makes sense)
  • both cbd oil and weed - this helps sometimes but it's an expensive hobby 😂🥴 and i tend to wake up when it wears off anyway
  • i take magnesium every day because it definitely helps but it doesn't stop it fully
  • parkinson's disease pills - the only thing that ever helped, a neurologist had prescribed this for me as it was so bad but i don't want to depend on pills for parkinson's disease this young! but lately it's been so annoying i'm thinking about taking them again.
  • a massage can help for a short amount of time.
i haven't tried the following things yet so wondering what you guys think:
  • melatonin - i've always been scared to try this one
  • weighted blanket - i see it helped some of you, is it worth the money?
  • bath salts - unfortunately don't have a bathtub so this one is not possible.
it can definitely leave you feeling very desperate sometimes because you're so out of control and helpless. shaking my legs and screaming at my legs can really drain me sometimes when it makes me go completely crazy. but it's kind of nice to see we're in it together! 🥰🤞

hi, thought i'd bump this thread as mine has been awful lately! i was surprised to find something about this on tattle, and while it's very sad to hear about you guys suffering with it, it's comforting to know there are people with the same issue. i've never met someone irl. although after reading this thread i'll think twice about having a baby as so many of you have said it gets worse with pregnancy 😂

my rls tends to keep me awake most nights and it drives me crazy. i end up running around the house, going outside for fag after fag after fag, i've developed a ''fear'' of going to bed or doing anything wrong that might trigger it. sometimes my poor bf will lean on my right leg (which is my worse one) and i'll immediately scream at him to get off it so to not trigger my rls. i've tried many things already:
  • various sleeping pills - my doctor had even prescribed me sanval which she said would put elephants to sleep and it didn't work 🐘
  • valerian: tea and drops, it helped for a while but not long (i don't think anyone on here mentioned it so i'd definitely try!!!)
  • checking my blood levels - i was not defficient in anything (including vitamin d, i live in a very sunny place so that makes sense)
  • both cbd oil and weed - this helps sometimes but it's an expensive hobby 😂🥴 and i tend to wake up when it wears off anyway
  • i take magnesium every day because it definitely helps but it doesn't stop it fully
  • parkinson's disease pills - the only thing that ever helped, a neurologist had prescribed this for me as it was so bad but i don't want to depend on pills for parkinson's disease this young! but lately it's been so annoying i'm thinking about taking them again.
it can definitely leave you feeling very desperate sometimes because you're so out of control and helpless. shaking my legs and screaming at my legs can really drain me sometimes when it makes me go completely crazy. but it's kind of nice to see we're in it together! 🥰🤞
Melatonin works really well for me, I buy it online from a US pharmacy store (Piping Rock), and it's not expensive. I don't feel drowsy the next day.
I've never tried the weighted blankets because I'm quite claustrophobic and the idea of being pinned under a heavy blanket makes me feel panicky! I can't stand heavy tog winter duvets for this reason.

Have you had your Vitamin d levels tested? A deficiency will cause restless legs and is far more common than people realise!

thank you for the responses! 🌸
Melatonin works really well for me, I buy it online from a US pharmacy store (Piping Rock), and it's not expensive. I don't feel drowsy the next day.
I've never tried the weighted blankets because I'm quite claustrophobic and the idea of being pinned under a heavy blanket makes me feel panicky! I can't stand heavy tog winter duvets for this reason.
ahh i see! i think i'd like the blanket though, they're just so expensive. so either that or the melatonin then, which brand do you buy?
Have you had your Vitamin d levels tested? A deficiency will cause restless legs and is far more common than people realise!
yes i have and no deficiency here actually! i live in a very sunny place so i'd assumed that's not the issue 🤷‍♀️

Just reading the title and running, but has anyone mentioned Magnesium Spray? My mum has neuropathy and I got her the magnesium spray and she thinks it’s helping, has actually slept for most of the night for the first time in ages x

Just reading the title and running, but has anyone mentioned Magnesium Spray? My mum has neuropathy and I got her the magnesium spray and she thinks it’s helping, has actually slept for most of the night for the first time in ages x
that sounds amazing, which one does she get? i'm not in the uk so i do hope we have that here :(

• Heart
I used to get this a lot. I'd be sitting in the living room and my feet would start twitching and it would drive me mad. I'd have to fully cool my feet down by standing on the cold kitchen floor for ages before going to bed and once in bed, make sure my feet were uncovered. A couple of months ago I started taking a lot of supplements for PCOS, this includes magnesium glycinate, zinc, vit D, chromium and 5HTP and I haven't really had it since

If magnesium isn’t working entirely, add in ginkgo biloba.

Or perhaps try GB first.

I know they both work independently or in combination for me