Refusing the Covid 19 Vaccine #3 & general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m double jabbed and still take the same precautions as I did pre vaccine. I have been in shops today and socially distanced, sanitised my hands and wore a mask. I’m not nervous but there’s no reason for me not to do these things. People cannot be policed constantly and they have to take responsibility for themselves and their own actions. We will never get the human race to act in a way that suits everyone (unfortunately) .

Reactions: 8
I equally wouldn’t dream of telling an obese person that they must have a healthy BMI or they can’t eat in my restaurant. It’s insane.
Of course you wouldn't ban fat people from a place, because being around fat people won't make you fat... but banning people who are possibly spreading a disease and refusing to take precautions is not the same thing at all.

• Sick
Reactions: 3
Of course you wouldn't ban fat people from a place, because being around fat people won't make you fat... but banning people who are possibly spreading a disease and refusing to take precautions is not the same thing at all.
You’re missing the point entirely. It’s about the strain on the health service. Vaccination alone does not equal no cases even if 100% of people were vaccinated there would still be cases. The aim is to keep hospital pressures under control. Obese people add to that pressure. Obese people are more likely to suffer from covid as opposed to those of a healthy weight.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
You’re missing the point entirely. It’s about the strain on the health service. Vaccination alone does not equal no cases even if 100% of people were vaccinated there would still be cases. The aim is to keep hospital pressures under control. Obese people add to that pressure. Obese people are more likely to suffer from covid as opposed to those of a healthy weight.
I think we're just talking about different aspects then, I'm concerned about the specific issue of people getting sick with Covid, not the strain on the NHS... i do agree with you about that, which is why I'm personally also very passionate about preventative measures against obesity/alcoholism/etc. I think we can leave it at that ;)

I think we're just talking about different aspects then, I'm concerned about the specific issue of people getting sick with Covid, not the strain on the NHS... i do agree with you about that, which is why I'm personally also very passionate about preventative measures against obesity/alcoholism/etc. I think we can leave it at that ;)
that’s great, one thing we can certainly agree on is taking preventative health measures into our own hands as it’s our own individual responsibility, no one else’s. I’m not concerned if anyone gets sick from covid it’s up to them what they do whether that’s vaccinating and/or giving their body the best chance at fighting infection by nourishing it appropriately. No ones responsible for my health and I’m not responsible for anyone else’s.

I'm currently fuming at the latest celebrity to join the list of those urging people to get vaccinated - Jennifer Aniston. Her opinions, like any celebrity that jumps on the latest bandwagon, are meaningless.
If you want the vaccine, have it. If you don't, I respect your decision not to have it. No one should be pressurised into having the vaccine.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Microsoft have joined FB, Twitter and Google in mandating jabs for staff .

• Heart
  • Angry
Seeing that they may be offering the vaccine to healthy 16-17 year olds concerns me. My daughter is soon to be 16, it concerns me greatly that if she doesn’t take it she won’t be able to do certain things due to a covid passport in the future. So I now feel backed into a corner. My daughter wants the vaccine and I’ve told her that I’m her parent and I’ll research fully before giving her something that could have risks. She’s adamant she will want it if it’s approved. It’s terrifies me incase it affects her heart or other scary side effects we’ve heard of in younger people.

I can’t win, my daughter has been so careful to keep me safe this last 17 months, she’s never been angry towards me but I know she wants this vaccine so that she can live life much more normally in the future if passports do come in place. If I say no I’ll be resented for making this decision to not let her have the vaccine. This is a really crappy situation.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Seeing that they may be offering the vaccine to healthy 16-17 year olds concerns me. My daughter is soon to be 16, it concerns me greatly that if she doesn’t take it she won’t be able to do certain things due to a covid passport in the future. So I now feel backed into a corner. My daughter wants the vaccine and I’ve told her that I’m her parent and I’ll research fully before giving her something that could have risks. She’s adamant she will want it if it’s approved. It’s terrifies me incase it affects her heart or other scary side effects we’ve heard of in younger people.

I can’t win, my daughter has been so careful to keep me safe this last 17 months, she’s never been angry towards me but I know she wants this vaccine so that she can live life much more normally in the future if passports do come in place. If I say no I’ll be resented for making this decision to not let her have the vaccine. This is a really crappy situation.

Show her the vaccine won't protect you from her. Her getting it won't stop you from getting it.

• Heart
Reactions: 4

I’m sorry that you have more worries on top of everything else with this now. I don’t really know what to say or have any advice but I just hope you will all be ok x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
My daughter wants the vaccine and I’ve told her that I’m her parent and I’ll research fully before giving her something that could have risks. She’s adamant she will want it if it’s approved. It’s terrifies me incase it affects her heart or other scary side effects we’ve heard of in younger people.
I understand you're worried, but the risk of scary side effects is really very very small indeed. Much research has been done, and indeed is still being done, by world-class scientists into the safety of the vaccines. And at some point, it will need to be your daughter's own decision to have it or not? My own child, and my job, brings me into contact with hundreds of teens who have been full or part vaccinated, and no-one we know has suffered any side effects. I truly hope that continues to be the case, and that you and your daughter can reach agreement on what she should do. Definitely not an easy time though.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
How does everyone cope with the constant onslaught of negative and scaremongering news and disgusting comments that are right behind it?

My husband is getting swallowed up by it all and his mental health is getting worse each day. I’m getting more worried he’s going to hurt himself but I feel so lost and helpless with it all

We’re both worried about the possible side affects of the vaccine as much as we’re worried about catching covid itself

if anyone has any advice it’d be really appreciated
Your husband sounds a lot like me. I had made my decision to wait for my vaccine despite being at higher risk (asthma, high BMI and not a kick in the arse off 40) but I just wasn’t willing to rush into it. We are planning (when I’ve lost weight) to possibly have another baby before we run out of time and for me the evidence of long term effects is missing. But I can honestly say the media and social media have me absolutely terrified and questioning my decision. My partner really really doesn’t want me to have it and it’s beginning to drive a bit of a wedge because I’m becoming more and more scared and he can see the effect the media is having.
It’s constant. 19 months of constant fear is so tiring

I hope your husband is ok x

• Sad
I understand you're worried, but the risk of scary side effects is really very very small indeed. Much research has been done, and indeed is still being done, by world-class scientists into the safety of the vaccines. And at some point, it will need to be your daughter's own decision to have it or not? My own child, and my job, brings me into contact with hundreds of teens who have been full or part vaccinated, and no-one we know has suffered any side effects. I truly hope that continues to be the case, and that you and your daughter can reach agreement on what she should do. Definitely not an easy time though.
Thank you.

We will definitely discuss it fully once she is 16. My son is 19 and he obviously made the decision himself to get vaccinated, I didn’t encourage or discourage him. I’m just concerned with my daughter being younger.

I’m sorry that you have more worries on top of everything else with this now. I don’t really know what to say or have any advice but I just hope you will all be ok x
Thank you lovely. Feels like one thing after another right now, It’s a hard decision to make for sure.
I hope you’re ok xx

• Heart
Reactions: 3

I understand your concerns 100% . My eldest isn’t quite in that age bracket but if she were I don’t think I would be signing her up straight away. Unfounded I know, but it concerns me that later in life they will have fertility issues that haven’t some to light yet. I am def not an anti vaxxer and both my husband and I have had both vaccines but I’m not comfortable (yet) in it being given to children/young adults.

And even if she did get it, she would mostly likely be perfectly fine, from the governments own statistics. If it was my child there is no way i would let them have it. Sorry but thats the way i feel. Not very helpful i know but i have to be honest xx

I heard Luke O'Neil speak about this and he is a big advocate of vaccinating the 16+ group.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.