Refusing the Covid 19 Vaccine #3 & general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How are you all doing @ChineseAlan hope you’re doing ok I’m sure it’s been a very tough time! Is your daughter ok how’s she coping with the symptoms?

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I haven’t had time to read back on the past 20 pages or so, but I hope that you and your family have been well and your daughter is recovering!
Thank you.

My daughter is doing really well. It’s day 5 and I’m hoping soon we can relax. I’m still waiting every day to start with it. X

How are you all doing @ChineseAlan hope you’re doing ok I’m sure it’s been a very tough time! Is your daughter ok how’s she coping with the symptoms?
Hi, thank you for asking after my family. My daughter is still quite unwell but she is improving. She has been quite poorly with it to be honest compare to her friends. Two of her friends didn’t have any symptoms and one has just had a mild cold. My daughter began feeling worse from Sunday onwards with a fever, really nasty cough and she just felt achy all over. She’s full of cold which is what her covid started with.Thankfully her temperature has gone now and she’s feeling less unwell as time goes on. She’s lost her smell and her taste has gone about 50%. She said she has had worse viruses, she had shingles earlier this year and she said Covid is a breeze in comparison lol.

I’m still a bag of nerves, we’re on day 5 now. Day 6 if we count Friday, she tested positive on the PCR on the Saturday after the LFT the night before. I’m still anxious waiting to start with it and I just wish I could relax but I know I can’t yet xx

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
On the scientific basis of 'that sounds about right' I can confidently confirm that that sounds about right :)
She has another pcr Saturday so hopefully that’ll be negative.

Damn I spoke too soon, she’s just got up and said she feels worse today. She was improving yesterday and evening before. It hurts in her chest when she swallows, her throat hurts too and she’s a little short of breath 🥲 Poor girl looks so run down today. She’s 15, it worries me how much worse I’d be. Horrible seeing her unwell and I can’t be with her 😞

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
She has another pcr Saturday so hopefully that’ll be negative.

Damn I spoke too soon, she’s just got up and said she feels worse today. She was improving yesterday and evening before. It hurts in her chest when she swallows, her throat hurts too and she’s a little short of breath 🥲 Poor girl looks so run down today. She’s 15, it worries me how much worse I’d be. Horrible seeing her unwell and I can’t be with her 😞
Bless her, is she eating and drinking ok? Mum always takes metatone when she's poorly so dropped that over to me when I had covid and it helped me not feel quite as run down.
Is the 2nd pcr a new thing? I thought they didn't recommend doing them within 90 days? Xx

Reactions: 4
Bless her, is she eating and drinking ok? Mum always takes metatone when she's poorly so dropped that over to me when I had covid and it helped me not feel quite as run down.
Is the 2nd pcr a new thing? I thought they didn't recommend doing them within 90 days? Xx
The doctor requested a PCR from my inlaws too I thought it was to do with their age but maybe not ?

Absolute joke. The job I was applying for, from November 11th you have to be double vaccinated or you can't work there. 💯 percent wrong to exclude like this. On to the next, then. If you mentioned this exclusion before you got laughed at as being a CT. It came true though.Bear in mind, the vaccinated workers can still spread Covid.

The people there are double jabbed. They say it's not to stop it spreading but to lesson symptoms if you do get it, well so what's the problem exactly?? It may fail at the former, but surely it's effective at the latter?? Seeing as the hospital's are not as bad as last year now .You wouldn't get away with excluding a gay person from working there.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Absolute joke. The job I was applying for, from November 11th you have to be double vaccinated or you can't work there. 💯 percent wrong to exclude like this. On to the next, then. If you mentioned this exclusion before you got laughed at as being a CT. It came true though.Bear in mind, the vaccinated workers can still spread Covid.

The people there are double jabbed. They say it's not to stop it spreading but to lesson symptoms if you do get it, well so what's the problem exactly?? It may fail at the former, but surely it's effective at the latter?? Seeing as the hospital's are not as bad as last year now .You wouldn't get away with excluding a gay person from working there.
The hospitals were not bad last summer and that was without a vaccine.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
She’s drinking well, today not very hungry but she ate yesterday. Poor girl.

Ah yes I’ve heard of that, I’ll get some in. Thank you.

Yes, we got told at her pcr at the weekend, to book in for a weeks time for a second pcr before she returns to school?

The doctor requested a PCR from my inlaws too I thought it was to do with their age but maybe not ?
She’s drinking well, today not very hungry but she ate yesterday. Poor girl.

Ah yes I’ve heard of that, I’ll get some in. Thank you.

Yes, we got told at her pcr at the weekend, to book in for a weeks time for a second pcr before she returns to school?
It must be a new thing. I know they started the antibody finger prick test recently

The hospitals were not bad last summer and that was without a vaccine.
The virus is much more widespread since last year and we had more restrictions in 2020.

Mod edit - new thread:

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.