Rebecca Lamb #21 Pup for the gram and the boys had pox, what’s going on with the ginger locks?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you to @HumanPerson for the new title with 60+ likes.

And a big thank you to Rebecca Ellen Lamb for continuously providing us with car crash content! ❤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
So everyone the other day was saying Woody is really behind for a 2 year old and should be saying more, and when she said she was going to do a puzzle with him and Steve ended up doing it but today she’s showing just how many words he can say and point to and sat on the floor with him doing a puzzle. She really has a point to prove doesn’t she. And she definitely reads here!

Reactions: 22
I find it sickening that she can’t spend time doing something with that little boy without setting up her camera to film it. It’s all for show with no real genuine interest.

• Angry
Reactions: 23
She’s so stupid, the fact the videos she’s just posted of Woody clearly shows he’s so underdeveloped with his speech. At 2 he should be able to say Ball. He needs to be seen by a HV. Also with him being the second child I find that then tend to pick up their speech quicker as they have a sibling around them!!

Reactions: 17
My son didn’t say much at 2 either. Come 3 we couldn’t shut him up 😂 Some kids hold back and don’t say anything until they are confident to do so. I was told this and stand by it. I was at play groups 3/4 times a week and swimming groups and all sorts from 2months old with my son and it wasn’t until he stared pre school at 3 his sentences came. Every child is different and Woody has only just turned 2 remember so let’s give him some slack. HOWEVER I will say I’ve noticed how behind Alfie seems to be. My son is the same age has him and seems miles more grown up in loads of ways.

Reactions: 13
In reply to the comment on the last post. I don’t think much is expected of children in the UK. If you read the questionnaire they give you for 27 months, it’s actually very simple and even then they don’t have to pass it with full marks. It’s the fact he doesn’t say more than 15-20 words. You can argue kids develop at different rates and I agree, but you shouldn’t use that excuse to not even have a child checked over. That boils my piss, that’s exactly why Alfie wasn’t checked and he didn’t say a word until 3. That’s an issue. Surely as a parent you’d rather have intervention early if needed? Always better to check than leave it too late.

Reactions: 8
My son didn’t say much at 2 either. Come 3 we couldn’t shut him up 😂 Some kids hold back and don’t say anything until they are confident to do so. I was told this and stand by it. I was at play groups 3/4 times a week and swimming groups and all sorts from 2months old with my son and it wasn’t until he stared pre school at 3 his sentences came. Every child is different and Woody has only just turned 2 remember so let’s give him some slack. HOWEVER I will say I’ve noticed how behind Alfie seems to be. My son is the same age has him and seems miles more grown up in loads of ways.
I think so many of the issues arise from Rebecca and Steve. If there's a delay or something that needs extra help or support, don't use it as content for social media, actually get the child the appropriate help, take time to make sure as parents you're doing/saying the correct things, it's only then that they can give support. Sadly little Woody doesn't have anyone in the house who's speech is going to be of help to him.

Reactions: 6
Where’s the zebra? Point to the zebra, it’s like a horse but with stripes, point to the stripey horse. Jesus Christ no wonder her kids are so thick

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
In reply to the comment on the last post. I don’t think much is expected of children in the UK. If you read the questionnaire they give you for 27 months, it’s actually very simple and even then they don’t have to pass it with full marks. It’s the fact he doesn’t say more than 15-20 words. You can argue kids develop at different rates and I agree, but you shouldn’t use that excuse to not even have a child checked over. That boils my piss, that’s exactly why Alfie wasn’t checked and he didn’t say a word until 3. That’s an issue. Surely as a parent you’d rather have intervention early if needed? Always better to check than leave it too late.
Totally agree with you. It's also important that parents help the children to reach their full potential rather than just accepting the bare minimum, and as you've said that can only be done by having them assessed and following up with any suggestions. Sometimes as parents we may have to pester to get our kids the appropriate assessments and follow up care, but that's all part of being a responsible parent. It's better to be seen as a pest or nuisance because you want your child to have the best care and support, long term it's our children who benefit.

Reactions: 3
Where’s the zebra? Point to the zebra, it’s like a horse but with stripes, point to the stripey horse. Jesus Christ no wonder her kids are so thick
EXACTLY.
No interest in developing his speech to actually identify a Zebra for a Zebra.
“Let’s just do whatever we can so we can show 40k people that you WILL point at the correct card.”

She’s so stupid, the fact the videos she’s just posted of Woody clearly shows he’s so underdeveloped with his speech. At 2 he should be able to say Ball. He needs to be seen by a HV. Also with him being the second child I find that then tend to pick up their speech quicker as they have a sibling around them!!
My little boy has been in speech therapy for 7 months (can’t shut him up now) and it’s actually the opposite. Usually the 2nd/3rd child that will have a delay as the older one talk over and do the talking for them.
My little boy is the only 1st child in his group, the other 6 are all 2nd or 3rd children.

Reactions: 9
My little one has speech delay. I started to get concerned early on and mentioned it to the HV who could not have been more supportive. I’m not embarrassed about it, all children are different and develop at different rates, but I wanted to be sure I was supporting my child the best I could and educating myself on who to help her.
I have said this before and I will scream it over the Yorkshire dales if it’ll make Rebecca listen. There’s nothing wrong with woodys speech being a little behind, it’s how you manage it that is the issue, seek guidance from a professional who will gladly just give you some pointers on how to help your son. And above all.. put the camera down! A lot of the boys speech problems are probably down to being told to perform infront of a phone instead of a human being.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
My little one has speech delay. I started to get concerned early on and mentioned it to the HV who could not have been more supportive. I’m not embarrassed about it, all children are different and develop at different rates, but I wanted to be sure I was supporting my child the best I could and educating myself on who to help her.
I have said this before and I will scream it over the Yorkshire dales if it’ll make Rebecca listen. There’s nothing wrong with woodys speech being a little behind, it’s how you manage it that is the issue, seek guidance from a professional who will gladly just give you some pointers on how to help your son. And above all.. put the camera down! A lot of the boys speech problems are probably down to being told to perform infront of a phone instead of a human being.
You should never be embarrassed about something like that, you did what a responsible parent does. Rebecca and Steve should be embarrassed because they clearly know Alfie has issues with his speech, but do nothing about it and are now doing exactly the same with Woody, they are neglectful.

Reactions: 7
You should never feel ashamed about your kid having something like a speech delay. It’s when you ignore it that you should feel ashamed of yourself. It’s sad because I do think woody has so much potential if given the chance!

Reactions: 12
What the actual f has she done to her hair?!

Clearly she’s only got the pup for the gram and as a substitute for a baby that she soo desperately wants.

Reactions: 6
My littlw girl has just turned 2 and i felt that her speech wasn't where it should be, although she understands everything she just wont talk much or consistently, i rang my local childrens centre for the speech classes and spoke to the therapist, just over the phone she gave me so many helpful tips to help her along until we can start after christmas, things i would have never realised i was over complicating or causing embarrassment to my daugther, like asking her to repeat words she cant say. Now i dont by any means live in a 'good' area for getting help and the childrens centre leave a lot to be desired but it just goes to shows the little effort she'd have to make, I've notcied a difference after 2/3 weeks already of me just simplifying things, yes shes still delayed but the improvement is there and to me even with all children being different if you get the right guidance and just implement little things there will be a change and i would have never said this before i started doing it as i really didnt think it would help so fast.

Reactions: 9
I think so many of the issues arise from Rebecca and Steve. If there's a delay or something that needs extra help or support, don't use it as content for social media, actually get the child the appropriate help, take time to make sure as parents you're doing/saying the correct things, it's only then that they can give support. Sadly little Woody doesn't have anyone in the house who's speech is going to be of help to him.
Oh I totally get it and am with you all to a certain degree. She’s a shite mother and does duck all with them.But with Woody having just turned 2 I still feel he has time yet to say he’s behind. Alfie on the other hand is a different story as I he seems very behind in a lot.

Reactions: 7
Of course all children develop differently. The issue here is all of the evidence of them neglecting Woody hence his speech delay.

Reactions: 4
Personally I think woody will get there. But he’ll be quiet and shy because Alfie gets all the attention. Alfie on the other hand is very delayed, it’s as if he’s just started school. If his speech is how it is, I do wonder what his reading and writing is like given I’ve never seen him do anything but sit on an iPad.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.