Really nice blazers!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello all

I don’t know who else to ask for advice on trying to find really nice, well made, decent blazers, not flimsy glorified shirt ones that seem to be all the rage now.

I’m a 5’8” size 12/14 and I need something smart and chic that I can chuck on to elevate my usual jeans and tshirts combo.

all insight/suggestions/links welcome.

Reactions: 1
I quite like the River Island blazers.But the more pricey ones the others are just a bit flimsy and average.Some Dorothy Perkins blazers are pretty good too.

H&M do some nice ones and some
horrible ones. Never order online as they have such weird fits that sometimes a 10 fits and sometimes a 16 but in store they’re worth a shot!

Also asos but again bit hit and miss with seizing.

It’s such a minefield isn’t it? I really want to go into an actual shop and try one but I’d like to try and target my attack rather than aimlessly wandering around like a lost cow

Not sure what your budget is but I’ve always gone to the higher end high street stores for tailored pieces. I’ve had a blazer for over the years from FCUK and it’s as good as new. Always found investing in key items goes a long way and you easily get your monies worth.

Reactions: 2
Zara for sure, I have a couple of nice ones from there. Surprisingly M&S actually have some nice trendy ones too.
Also I don’t know what you want to spend but the Holland Cooper ones are gorgeous and a dead ringer for the balmain ones. An investment piece. Karen Millen as well. Lol I love a blazer 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I got a gorgeous navy one from very thats longline. Liked it that much I also ordered it in black

You could have a look on the Outnet for a hidden gem! Some of the brands like Sandro, Maje or Rag & Bone etc can be quite reasonably priced and better made than what you'd find in, say, H&M.

Reactions: 1
Mango and Zara- both do fantastic ones that look stylish far more expensive than the price tag.

H&M do some nice ones and some
horrible ones. Never order online as they have such weird fits that sometimes a 10 fits and sometimes a 16 but in store they’re worth a shot!

Also asos but again bit hit and miss with seizing.
Seconded. I've also been after a nice blazer for ages but struggled with the changing rooms not being open and I can't be arsed with buying online. Went out yesterday with my birthday money and got 3 blazers in the sale from H&M, in black, green and burgundy. Cost just £30 in total. Two were size 6 and the other size 10. I love them all, can't wait to wear them.

Holland Cooper. Not a cheap outlay but they look the business, balmain on a budget
Yes, these two would be top of my dream blazer wishlist!

Zara do fab blazers. If your budget allows, check out Sandro. They are unreal. They do good sales too so you might get one there 😍