Real life crime and murder

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I attended a conference recently and the guy who was running it was a convicted murdered. We werent aware of that until he revealed it just before the lunch break. It was mind blowing. It made me so aware of how we stereotype murderers. Hes now married to a high ranking police officer!! He was a lovely bloke with absolute remorse and the circumstances were tough, it was 30 years ago and a bad lawyer meant he probably served more time than possibly should have. He feared for his safety and lashed out at another man, the attack plus other health conditions meant he died. He got 12 years in jail.

Reactions: 6
Ooooh my kind of thread. Love real life crime and murder programmes. My husband worries for me...... and himself 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I didn't know there was a follow up - what's wrong with me...! Am off to Amazon now.

Regarding Making a Murderer, season 1 is better than 2.

Have you seen/read Mindhunter?
Oh I love Mindhunter! Had my eye on it for ages then binge-watched it before Christmas.

Reactions: 5
I have found my people! 😊🙏

Love true crime (feels so wrong using the word love when talking about crime 🙈). Its all I ever watch, read or listen to. My husband says its depressing but i find it fascinating!

Reactions: 19
It’s not murder related but I had the flu a few weeks ago and got obsessed with 60 days in. The first season is on Netflix but I watched the rest of them online and I’m hooked 😂

it’s so interesting
OMG, Robert was unhinged!! Where did you find the other seasons online?

@NoHintOfDrama some good recommendations here!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Did you see on the news about the couple stabbed to death on New Year’s Day? I figured out it was her ex husband before they released his details.. I thought it was SO obvious!!!
I also religiously followed the case of Amber Peat but that seemed to fizzle out and it frustrated me there was no ‘real’ outcome.

Reactions: 3
OMG, Robert was unhinged!! Where did you find the other seasons online?

@NoHintOfDrama some good recommendations here!
up to season 4 is on prime, you just have to sign up for the crime subscription but you get a free week trial (I watched them all in a week lol).
The rest I can’t remember, they were on some website, someone sent me the link.

Robert was insane. But some of the later seasons have some nasty witches in them too. I got so angry at them sometimes lol

Yess finally! This is my jam!

Watched 60 Days in, is it Robert? Man he was not stable.. won’t surprise me if it turns out he has a conviction in a few years! The PO I think Tammi? It was fascinating see her cracking under the pressure of it all.

Don’t F with Cats.. I knew of the story beforehand vaguely but not to the extent it actually was.. amazing watch unsettling though especially his mother pleading his innocence 😐.

Not a Docu but R5L was discussing the case of that man who befriended elderly lonely people within church congregations, gradually drugged them, had them change their wills and murdered them. He was also applying or in the process of being ordained (sorry for being vague..)

Reactions: 4
Do they show the actual video?
No, they show parts like the kittens and him placing them in the bag, it then cuts to the baudi describing what’s happening, same as the murder video. However it does show a clip of him handling the dead kittens at one point. It’s so Harrowing.

• Sad
  • Sick
So ready for 24 hours tonight!! It has been too long.

I like true crime but I also like tv dramas like Vera etc I always try and figure out who the killer is before its revealed. :giggle:

Reactions: 4
I think the first one was an on purpose accident, do you know what I mean? But he got away with it so when it came down to it and his wife found out about the male prostitutes he thought "I know how to sort this..." he came across as a bumbling academic type but I think hes a very cunning man. I missed a speaking tour by his legal team the other year, gutted. If anyone is in scotland you can watch crime files with prof David Wilson on the new BBC scotland channel. Its fabulous.
Professor Wilson is my hero, love him! Unfortunately I don’t have BBC Scotland!

No, they show parts like the kittens and him placing them in the bag, it then cuts to the baudi describing what’s happening, same as the murder video. However it does show a clip of him handling the dead kittens at one point. It’s so Harrowing.
Not sure I can stomach that. If I watch it I might have to fast forward. How weird, if it was a human my stomach wouldn't turn as much. Maybe it's the animals lack of understanding of what's going on Vs a humans.

Professor Wilson is my hero, love him! Unfortunately I don’t have BBC Scotland!
Yes Professor David Wilson is the best!! Does he still work at the University of Birmingham I wonder? I'm Midlands based and did look for any public speaking he did but alas, there was none. BBC Scotland shows might be on iPlayer?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.