Real life crime and murder

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Watch Donā€™t duck with Cats on Netflix! Seriously crazy, gave me proper chills. Canā€™t wait for Mondayā€™s 24 hours in police custody!
It was insane. Intriguing watch, horrendous case. I do remember the News reports at the time, but did not click it was the same case.
Great viewing.. awful story x

I'm interested in UK true crime, not so much US cases.
A guilty pleasure of mine is watching old episodes of Crimewatch UK on Youtube and looking up the cases to see if they've now been solved. Also the reconstructions are super creepy.

Reactions: 7
Can anyone recommend some good shows/podcasts for true crime?

I listen to the Crime Junkies podcast
I've watched most of the Netflix specials e.g making a murderer, the staircase, don't duck with cats, confession tapes etc but looking for more!
I can absolutely recommend " The Last Podcast on the Left". My favourite True crime conspiracy podcast hosted for the last 10 years by 3 friends, Marcus, Ben and henry. They tell the stories respectfully but also make fun and belittle the killers so its hilariously funny. They really delve into the psychology of why?

Really it has to be
As we are here sans judgement...do you have a ā€˜favouriteā€™ true case/killer, the one that fascinates you the most?
Really it has to be " West Cork" , the podcast from Audible. Truly gripping with so many twists. The case of Sophie Toscan du Plantier , a beautiful young french woman who was killed with seemingly no motive at her home in rural Cork in the late 90s. Suspicion is strongly on Ian Bailey, an English journalist living locally. Honestly please listen to this. You can get a free monthly trial with Audible in order to listen.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Iā€™m really interested in the Delphi murders - has anyone else heard of these?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Iā€™m really interested in the Delphi murders - has anyone else heard of these?
I keep checking for any updates on the Delphi murders. It was odd that the sketch of the man on the bridge is so different from the original. I think maybe the police know who it is or have an idea and canā€™t prove it. Such a sad case.

Reactions: 1
Theres a fairly active sub over on reddit for this case. Might be of interest to you!

Oh thanks Iā€™ll go have a look!!

I keep checking for any updates on the Delphi murders. It was odd that the sketch of the man on the bridge is so different from the original. I think maybe the police know who it is or have an idea and canā€™t prove it. Such a sad case.

Itā€™s so so sad, I canā€™t believe itā€™s nearly 3 years and no further forward. Theyā€™ve never released how they were murdered either

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I've just finished watching "I love you, now die: The Commonwealth Vs Michelle Carter". Incredibly sad story, but so interesting. Highly recommend this one. It's a 2 parter available on Amazon.

I love this thread!! Thank you for everyone else's recommendations, I'm slowly working my way through them all.

Reactions: 6
I love this thread too, it makes me feel less of a weirdo for having a morbid fascination. I'm not so much interested in murder, but more with the minds of people who commit the crime, and the police case.Thanks everyone šŸ˜

Reactions: 9
Iā€™m obsessed with the Oj Simpson case. Before I started reading the books that have been written by the prosecutors, defence, friends of the couple, journalists etc I was convinced he did it and did it alone. I then started reading and investigating it. However after I had so many questions - things that did not make sense or add up when the prosecutors laid out their case with how and why it happened. Then I started to watch the whole trial that is on you tube. Read the autopsies online. I have also read Interviews from old acquaintances & enemies from OJ past etc and yes he was jealous and abusive and yes Iā€™m convinced he was on the scene of the murder but did he actually commit the murder I ainā€™t 100% convinced. There was two type of knife wounds that was afflicted on the bodyā€™s and the only singular knife that can do that is a commando knife. Did he own one - who knows. Why was the glove behind Oj estate wet and moist 8 hours after he left for Chicago ( within the summer month of June ) how did a 47 year old at the time able to murder two strong able human beings at the same time without getting a mark or bruise on himself when Ron Goldman the second victim had countless defence wounds and bruised knuckles. Why was there a knife on the counter in a immaculate, tidy kitchen and was sitting there out of place within Nicole Simpson home but yet the court says she was ambushed when walking out front of the house. Why if threatened did she walk out of the house without the knife and why was her ice cream tub downstairs on the bannister near the garage basement??. I believe she received a phone call and that was threatening and scared her. Her daughter said mum was crying and arguing with her best friend? Oj is not her best friend. Heā€™s her Ex husband. Itā€™s questions like this that to me makes this case not as straight forward as itā€™s been made out to be. Check out davewagner.com - Iā€™ve spent many of a hour on it and itā€™s mind blowing. I am currently reading Christopher singular book- solving the Oj Simpson murder mystery. This book is slightly far fetched but it does give answers to many things that donā€™t add up in this case.
My opinion is there was others on the scene of the murder. Oj was one of them. Some one cleaned up as much as he could after Oj left for Chicago. The security alarm was set by the houseguest yet when the police notified in the the early hours the following morning - on entering the property the alarm was disabled. Why ????. Because someone went in afterwards to clean up. They tried to make a murder case against a guilty Oj stronger by certain methods. I have read so many books- which I have then cross referenced conflicting statements. Iā€™ve read so many online official documents ( court testimonies) and watched the whole trial. I have also read the book written by the prosecutor in the civil trial.

I am studying forensic psychology and out of all the cases I have looked over including the Jon benet Ramsey one. Itā€™s the Oj one that as me transfixed.

Reactions: 5
I am studying forensic psychology and out of all the cases I have looked over including the Jon benet Ramsey one. Itā€™s the Oj one that as me transfixed.
I thought OJ wrote a book of how he wouldā€™ve hypothetically have done it, if he did it. Which was supposed to be a confession really. Snd then the parents (think Nicoles) got the rights to the book. Iā€™m sure itā€™s called ā€If I did itā€

I thought OJ wrote a book of how he wouldā€™ve hypothetically have done it, if he did it. Which was supposed to be a confession really. Snd then the parents (think Nicoles) got the rights to the book. Iā€™m sure itā€™s called ā€If I did itā€
I think it was just a money making exercise. Heā€™s that narcissistic that his thought process would of been ā€˜ well Iā€™m being accused anyway so may as well make some money as everyone in this case was making millions from books and interviews. His oldest daughter came up with the idea and they created a limited company with her siblings as owners and the proceeds of the money went into their account. Itā€™s Ron Goldmanā€™s father and sister who had the rights of the book. Nicoleā€™s parents were always dead against it being published. It was scraped due to public outcry but in a court hearing the judge awarded the rights to the book to the Goldmanā€™s and forced the publication. He is Guilty - no doubt about it. He was on the scene as his car was seen leaving the scene. However there was other witnesses whoā€™s statement to the police never saw the light of day that contradicted the prosecutions theory.
He is Guilty - I am just not convinced it was carried out like the prosecution presented it to the public. There are too many questions left unanswered and if it did carry carry out like they said it did then OJ murdered Ron and Nicole. Was seen in the Bronco at 10.45 at the st Vicente cross section near bundy( witness statement. Got home. Alan Park the limoscene driver saw him enter the house at 10.55 from the side of the house all proved by phone call timings made within the limo to his boss. Yet he was in the limo by 11.05 all dressed and chatty. Apologising for sleeping in. He was at the scene no doubt about it and there was blood found in the house and in his Bronco car. However if he had been the one responsible for actually committing the murder - the man would of been covered head to toe. The scene was horrific and he would of needed more than 5 minutes in the house to of got sorted before the limo. He did have blood on him and in his car and he was at the scene but Iā€™m convinced he werenā€™t alone. Actually in the ā€˜if I did it ā€˜ book his first line when explaining the murders was if I did it then I could not of done it alone.

There are so many stories online of drug connections, hire to kill plots etc. This Case is not as straight forward as what the public are lead to believe

Last edited:
Did you see on the news about the couple stabbed to death on New Yearā€™s Day? I figured out it was her ex husband before they released his details.. I thought it was SO obvious!!!
I also religiously followed the case of Amber Peat but that seemed to fizzle out and it frustrated me there was no ā€˜realā€™ outcome.
i also followed the case of Amber Peat religiously as in am from the same area, so gutted that no justice was brought to her. Everyone has forgotten about her now.

• Sad
Love this thread. I have watched a few documentaries and believe that Jon Benet's brother killed her and the parents tried to cover it up by staging her kidnapping.
I really used to think that too. Until all the dna they had found came out and didnā€™t match anyone in the family... listen to ā€œwho murdered jonbenetā€ podcast. They do a great job going over the case!

I really used to think that too. Until all the dna they had found came out and didnā€™t match anyone in the family... listen to ā€œwho murdered jonbenetā€ podcast. They do a great job going over the case!
Did you see the CBS documentary on this. The Trace Dna came from her knickers and had genetic markers from more than one person and DNA experts stated this could of been from the manufacturing process. The Grand jury voted to charge John and Patsy Ramsey of helping a third person cover up the murder. There was only Four people in the house. One was dead.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....arents-of-child-abuse-resulting-in-death/amp/

Attachments

Did you see the CBS documentary on this. The Trace Dna came from her knickers and had genetic markers from more than one person and DNA experts stated this could of been from the manufacturing process. The Grand jury voted to charge John and Patsy Ramsey of helping a third person cover up the murder. There was only Four people in the house. One was dead.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....arents-of-child-abuse-resulting-in-death/amp/
They found 2 different sets of dna on her. And yeah thereā€™s about 2% chance the dna on her underwear came from manufacturing..
There has NEVER been a case of rape/molestation were a defense was able to prove dna on a victims clothing was from manufacturing, ever. The chance is too minuscule.
They grand jury was held in the late 99 or 00ā€™
In the new podcast out they speak to 3 jurors and they ALL said Iā€™d theyd known of other facts they never would have passed the bill. The grand jury has only the prosecution stating their ā€œfactsā€ no rebuttal and no evidence given by defense. Two of the original detectives quit the Boulder PD because they were being muzzled and pushed to only look at the Ramseys
And lastly her brother and father sued CBS for their program and were awarded full apologies and compensated millions for libel. Thatā€™s program with their ā€œexpertsā€ was a farce.
Itā€™s not clear cut whatsoever

They found 2 different sets of dna on her. And yeah thereā€™s about 2% chance the dna on her underwear came from manufacturing..
There has NEVER been a case of rape/molestation were a defense was able to prove dna on a victims clothing was from manufacturing, ever. The chance is too minuscule.
They grand jury was held in the late 99 or 00ā€™
In the new podcast out they speak to 3 jurors and they ALL said Iā€™d theyd known of other facts they never would have passed the bill. The grand jury has only the prosecution stating their ā€œfactsā€ no rebuttal and no evidence given by defense. Two of the original detectives quit the Boulder PD because they were being muzzled and pushed to only look at the Ramseys
And lastly her brother and father sued CBS for their program and were awarded full apologies and compensated millions for libel. Thatā€™s program with their ā€œexpertsā€ was a farce.
Itā€™s not clear cut whatsoever
You make really good points- However whatā€™s your thoughts on the kidnapping letter that they were convinced Patsy Ramsey wrote. I personally think there was no outside person in the house that night. However I love hearing other people views and then I have a good old think about it afterwards lol. Iā€™m obsessed with unsolved cold cases.

You make really good points- However whatā€™s your thoughts on the kidnapping letter that they were convinced Patsy Ramsey wrote. I personally think there was no outside person in the house that night. However I love hearing other people views and then I have a good old think about it afterwards lol. Iā€™m obsessed with unsolved cold cases.
Which detectives ? Steve Thomas and James kolar are still to this day convinced of their guilt. Itā€™s the other detective bloke Lou smit that supported the Ramseyā€™s throughout

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.