Real Life Crime and Murder #4 goss

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not sure if itā€™s been covered in the other thread so apologies & trigger warning for infant mortality:

Has anyone seen this very odd story about the nurse? Wtf is going on there, it takes a LOT to charge someone doesnā€™t it so surely thereā€™s some grounds for concern...?!

Reactions: 11
Not sure if itā€™s been covered in the other thread so apologies & trigger warning for infant mortality:

Has anyone seen this very odd story about the nurse? Wtf is going on there, it takes a LOT to charge someone doesnā€™t it so surely thereā€™s some grounds for concern...?!
oh the lucy letbyā€™s case? They havent released much on it. So tragic, how can anyone do that?Would be interesting to find out more about her background.

Reactions: 6

There's really nothing to say about Lucy Letby, if that's who you're referring to, as any trial isn't going to be until next year unless she pleads guilty beforehand (which I think is very unlikely given how long it took the police to charge her)

I suspect the case will very much be circumstantial - it will probably come down to her shift patterns, when she was on duty, everyone else ruled out, etc etc.

And she is innocent until proven guilty.

I'll be following it with interest though. It's my home town, I was born at that hospital and my mum actually worked in maternity care there for over 35 years. She doesn't know Lucy Letby though so I really have no inside information.

oh the lucy letbyā€™s case? They havent released much on it. So tragic, how can anyone do that?Would be interesting to find out more about her background.
All the information will come out at trial as it absolutely should. This is not the USA thank God.

And again, she is innocent until proven guilty.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
There's really nothing to say about Lucy Letby, if that's who you're referring to, as any trial isn't going to be until next year unless she pleads guilty beforehand (which I think is very unlikely given how long it took the police to charge her)

I suspect the case will very much be circumstantial - it will probably come down to her shift patterns, when she was on duty, everyone else ruled out, etc etc.

And she is innocent until proven guilty.

I'll be following it with interest though. It's my home town, I was born at that hospital and my mum actually worked in maternity care there for over 35 years. She doesn't know Lucy Letby though so I really have no inside information.

All the information will come out at trial as it absolutely should. This is not the USA thank God.

And again, she is innocent until proven guilty.
Oh just to be clear Iā€™m by no means wanting to instigate a witch hunt, I just think the sheer lack of detail around it is what makes it stand out as SO odd? It feels very, very strange to release a photo and a name with absolutely no further detail - not even victims names (maybe not possible because of their age?) or a rough MO. Itā€™s just very weird, they should have kept the whole thing out the media until they concluded a trial tbh?

Reactions: 21
I find it very strange how they won't release any information, maybe to make it a fair trial. However they don't arrest and keep someone locked up if they didn't have bloody good evidence.

Reactions: 7
Oh just to be clear Iā€™m by no means wanting to instigate a witch hunt, I just think the sheer lack of detail around it is what makes it stand out as SO odd? It feels very, very strange to release a photo and a name with absolutely no further detail - not even victims names (maybe not possible because of their age?) or a rough MO. Itā€™s just very weird, they should have kept the whole thing out the media until they concluded a trial tbh?
Honestly, it's not odd at all - that is absolutely what should happen. No details should come out until the trial. You get a victim name, cause of death (although not always) where and when it happened and then, when the person is charged, their name, age and address. And that's it. I'm not really sure about the rules on photographs - the media take them from Facebook and print them a lot of the time now upon charging but the police don't release their mugshot until they are convicted.

The victims were named early on in the court proceedings but the attempted murder victim's names can't be reported (for obvious reasons)

The media, on the other hand, had a field day when she was first arrested - they named her (not the police, who, quite rightly, didn't name her until she was charged two years later) and trawled her Facebook account, printing photographs of her, her house, her road name and even printed photographs of her reporting for bail back in her home town.

And whether she is found guilty or not guilty, because of them, her life as she knew it was over the first second they did that. Absolute bleeping scum they are šŸ˜”

I will keep saying it. Everyone is entitled to a fair trial in this county. Everyone, no matter what they have allegedly done.

I find it very strange how they won't release any information, maybe to make it a fair trial. However they don't arrest and keep someone locked up if they didn't have bloody good evidence.
Yes, releasing information, apart from the basics, before a trial is considered highly prejudicial here in the UK (unlike the USA)

And I wouldn't necessarily agree with your second point in her case. It took two years to charge her so I think it's unlikely there is a 'smoking gun' - as I've already said, I'm willing to bet it's more likely to be a circumstantial case based on ruling everyone else out. But sometimes, circumstantial cases can be just as compelling as a case with forensics, DNA, etc. I've watched every episode of Cold Justice! šŸ˜‚

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
The 21 year old that has been charged with the murder of Julia James in Kent is that guy who was photographed on the dash cam, that police were appealing for days ago. From the same village. RIP poor lady.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
The case in Greece with Caroline Crouch sounds so bad. Why wasn't her husband killed? If you kill one wouldn't you kill the other to stop them talking about what happened? It doesn't make sense.

How long had they been together? I ask as it is very creepy a guy in his mid 30s married a teenager and got her pregnant.

Reactions: 24
The case in Greece with Caroline Crouch sounds so bad. Why wasn't her husband killed? If you kill one wouldn't you kill the other to stop them talking about what happened? It doesn't make sense.

How long had they been together? I ask as it is very creepy a guy in his mid 30s married a teenager and got her pregnant.
I must admit I did wonder about the husband on both points you mentioned šŸ‘€. Maybe Iā€™m too cynical.

Such a young woman, such an awful end to an all-too-short life

• Heart
Reactions: 16
The 21 year old that has been charged with the murder of Julia James in Kent is that guy who was photographed on the dash cam, that police were appealing for days ago. From the same village. RIP poor lady.
Itā€™s so great but also so eery now that we can have such good shots of suspects.

Reactions: 4
Honestly, it's not odd at all - that is absolutely what should happen. No details should come out until the trial. You get a victim name, cause of death (although not always) where and when it happened and then, when the person is charged, their name, age and address. And that's it. I'm not really sure about the rules on photographs - the media take them from Facebook and print them a lot of the time now upon charging but the police don't release their mugshot until they are convicted.

The victims were named early on in the court proceedings but the attempted murder victim's names can't be reported (for obvious reasons)

The media, on the other hand, had a field day when she was first arrested - they named her (not the police, who, quite rightly, didn't name her until she was charged two years later) and trawled her Facebook account, printing photographs of her, her house, her road name and even printed photographs of her reporting for bail back in her home town.

And whether she is found guilty or not guilty, because of them, her life as she knew it was over the first second they did that. Absolute bleeping scum they are šŸ˜”

I will keep saying it. Everyone is entitled to a fair trial in this county. Everyone, no matter what they have allegedly done.

Yes, releasing information, apart from the basics, before a trial is considered highly prejudicial here in the UK (unlike the USA)

And I wouldn't necessarily agree with your second point in her case. It took two years to charge her so I think it's unlikely there is a 'smoking gun' - as I've already said, I'm willing to bet it's more likely to be a circumstantial case based on ruling everyone else out. But sometimes, circumstantial cases can be just as compelling as a case with forensics, DNA, etc. I've watched every episode of Cold Justice! šŸ˜‚
Also very interested in this case. As nurses we document literally everything we do, get drugs double signed (especially in paediatrics!!) and have to remember / reflect / document all sorts of events. I fear that one day a police officer will turn up and ask me something like ā€œyou wrote on one label the insulin was given at 1700, yet another label said 1710. What happened in those 10minutes on that shift that wasnā€™t actually on your rota because you were called in to cover last minute 5 years ago?!ā€. Odd one as almost everything we do in a hospital environment is noticed / monitored / double checked. On a ward you arenā€™t alone often. Cases like Beverly Allitt have ensured there are strict protocols in place.

Iā€™m also always shocked at the difference in UK and USA reporting / releases. In the USA you will see images of the crime scene, know exactly what brand of socks the victim was wearing and hear all the awful details. Quite bizarre.

Reactions: 15

Definitely got me wondering, this one.
Firstly seems incredibly targetted, and secondly why kill her AFTER she had given them the money and jewellery.
And also they said the killing was by strangulation.
Something not quite right ...

• Wow
Reactions: 14

I came here to see if this case had been brought up. These were my thoughts exactly. It sounds like a set up, i don't think it will take long for this to unravel.

Very sad case.

Reactions: 12
Definitely got me wondering, this one.
Firstly seems incredibly targetted, and secondly why kill her AFTER she had given them the money and jewellery.
And also they said the killing was by strangulation.
Something not quite right ...
Agreed. This supposed story about burglars has alarm bells going off. Strangulation surely isnā€™t a favoured way to kill in a bungled burglary, especially of a young woman, the man untouched. Theyā€™d have had weapons such as a gun or use blunt force. Strangulation on the other handā€¦
I donā€™t buy what he says whatsoever.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I had my suspicions as well,it doesnā€™t sit right.Hope police really investigate this terrible murder.Killed their pet dog as well.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Also very interested in this case. As nurses we document literally everything we do, get drugs double signed (especially in paediatrics!!) and have to remember / reflect / document all sorts of events. I fear that one day a police officer will turn up and ask me something like ā€œyou wrote on one label the insulin was given at 1700, yet another label said 1710. What happened in those 10minutes on that shift that wasnā€™t actually on your rota because you were called in to cover last minute 5 years ago?!ā€. Odd one as almost everything we do in a hospital environment is noticed / monitored / double checked. On a ward you arenā€™t alone often. Cases like Beverly Allitt have ensured there are strict protocols in place.

Iā€™m also always shocked at the difference in UK and USA reporting / releases. In the USA you will see images of the crime scene, know exactly what brand of socks the victim was wearing and hear all the awful details. Quite bizarre.
Iā€™ve just read up on Beverly Allit. I recognised the name but had forgotten the crime. Oh my goodness, that woman is the devil. The poor family with the baby twins! She killed one and severely disabled the other šŸ˜¢

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I came here to see if this case had been brought up. These were my thoughts exactly. It sounds like a set up, i don't think it will take long for this to unravel.

Very sad case.
I think something sounds a bit off too.

Although I suppose her dying could have been accidental. Perhaps they just wanted to make her pass out so she was quiet, rather than deliberately killing her. As someone else said, strangulation is an unusual cause of death in this type of situation.

Reactions: 3
I see police are still searching at this location and that excavation work hasn't even started yet according to the BBC.

I was puzzling over what evidence the documentary film crew could have uncovered - this is a body that potentially has been there for more than 50 years and the police have always refused to search the site due to lack of evidence, even though it has been widely believed that Mary's body could be there.
The Sun are reporting that the crew brought in a cadaver dog and then used radar imaging and that Fred West was known to have carried out building work there around the time of Mary's disappearance. Whatever the truth, the police have clearly taken it seriously to act as they have.

I would hope that the family finally get some answers after all this time but then what comfort would it ever give to know your relative was a victim of the Wests?

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.