Radford Family #6 Sue claims Heidie is the last, something she's said many times in the pa

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't mean this to sound insensitive or anything, I have a rainbow baby myself, but I was surprised to see Hallie specifically referred to as their rainbow baby in the Instagram post. Sure, every baby born after a miscarriage or stillbirth is a rainbow baby, but in my head I always associated this more with a first or second live-born child, to express the elation and relief you feel after thinking and fearing you might never have a child or might only have one. Every child is precious and should be treated as such, so I personally don't really refer to my first son as a rainbow baby, apart from when it's pertinent to the topic of conversation. My second son is just as precious and I am just as thankful to have him, so I do find it a little odd they single Hallie out like this and 5 years on still call her rainbow baby, especially considering there were 20 healthy babies before her and there have been 4 more after her. Surely Sue can't have been wondering whether she'll ever be able to have a live birth and been extremely grateful she finally had a live-born baby. Not sure I'm explaining myself well, I just find it odd that Hallie should be SUCH a favourite.
I get what you mean - obviously after losing a baby, if you're lucky enough to have another then they are going to be very precious and in a lot of cases extremely wanted and sought after. It's odd in this case as Sue was adamant about not wanting to try again after Alfie and was truely heartbroken, but then soon after (nearly following her usual pattern) she was expecting. In most cases this would be a miracle and we saw throughout her pregnancy with Hallie that the whole family was nervous but very pleased. But then she goes on to risk her and her future baby's lives by having four more after that? I remember in one of the recent docs one of the boys (maybe Luke again) was saying about how since Alfie he gets extremely worried/scared with each pregnancy his mum has.
It is hard to explain without sounding insensitive - obviously you'll always remember the loss and the baby will be with you always. But after the rainbow baby stops being a baby you tend to not use the reference as often, or perhaps only if it comes up. Hard to find something of the same magnitude to compare it to as an example..

Reactions: 6
I get what you mean - obviously after losing a baby, if you're lucky enough to have another then they are going to be very precious and in a lot of cases extremely wanted and sought after. It's odd in this case as Sue was adamant about not wanting to try again after Alfie and was truely heartbroken, but then soon after (nearly following her usual pattern) she was expecting. In most cases this would be a miracle and we saw throughout her pregnancy with Hallie that the whole family was nervous but very pleased. But then she goes on to risk her and her future baby's lives by having four more after that? I remember in one of the recent docs one of the boys (maybe Luke again) was saying about how since Alfie he gets extremely worried/scared with each pregnancy his mum has.
It is hard to explain without sounding insensitive - obviously you'll always remember the loss and the baby will be with you always. But after the rainbow baby stops being a baby you tend to not use the reference as often, or perhaps only if it comes up. Hard to find something of the same magnitude to compare it to as an example..
My “rainbow baby” doesn’t get called that anymore. I found it more a term to use in pregnancy and the newborn stage, but once he became his own person it got dropped as he’s just “him”, he doesn’t need a connection to anything else for value. I wonder if at least in part it’s something to do with the sheer volume of them? They don’t see individual people in their kids so it’s be harder to drop the label as she won’t have had her own identity as readily? I’m not sure if that makes sense!

Reactions: 5
My “rainbow baby” doesn’t get called that anymore. I found it more a term to use in pregnancy and the newborn stage, but once he became his own person it got dropped as he’s just “him”, he doesn’t need a connection to anything else for value. I wonder if at least in part it’s something to do with the sheer volume of them? They don’t see individual people in their kids so it’s be harder to drop the label as she won’t have had her own identity as readily? I’m not sure if that makes sense!
Hmm, that's a good point - it would be hard to have individuality in a household that large! Without the rainbow baby label Hallie would be just another one of their many children?

Reactions: 2
Yeah, good point. But the other thing I find confusing is that Sue has had I think about 3 miscarriages. She mentions this in one of the documentaries. So by definition she has several rainbow babies, not just Hallie. But I suppose the stillbirth affected her a lot more, however, I think the real miracle isn't Hallie, it's the ones after her, as with each pregnancy the risk to her and the babies' lives increases and must be about sky-high now, so again, I don't quite understand the very obvious favouring of Hallie.

Reactions: 3
Yeah, good point. But the other thing I find confusing is that Sue has had I think about 3 miscarriages. She mentions this in one of the documentaries. So by definition she has several rainbow babies, not just Hallie. But I suppose the stillbirth affected her a lot more, however, I think the real miracle isn't Hallie, it's the ones after her, as with each pregnancy the risk to her and the babies' lives increases and must be about sky-high now, so again, I don't quite understand the very obvious favouring of Hallie.
She’s had a lot of chemical pregnancy’s too

Reactions: 1
Haha they’re from my home town. The Mums mum was a prolific shoplifter
Yeah Tracy kind of implied she didn't have a great start in life. They seem to have done well for themselves, and fair play to them. I still think it's really sad the emphasis she put on the girls' looks though.

Reactions: 2
Sorry I must be extremely dense but what’s a chemical pregnancy? Surely she’s not had IVF.
It’s sort of hard to explain but it’s when an embryo ( the beginning of a baby) implants in to your uterus but you have a miscarriage so early on (before 5 weeks) the fetus can’t be seen in an ultrasound most women have experienced chemical pregnancy but never knew

Reactions: 5
Every time when it’s one of the kids birthdays Hallie is there opening everybody else’s presents and never gets told if I find it so irritating! What was in this this Tik tok from the baby daddy’s girlfriends video? I used to be a fan of the radfords when they were frugle and claimed to be self sufficient, now I can see right through them, very materialistic, they must be loaded, they were supposed to be going to Australia this summer for 4 weeks, been once before and Florida twice, Canada goose coats, and in the new vlog the one just before hallies birthday, sue can be seen taking Heidi for a hip scan in a brand new Range Rover, WTF!! It amazes me!

Every time when it’s one of the kids birthdays Hallie is there opening everybody else’s presents and never gets told if I find it so irritating! What was in this this Tik tok from the baby daddy’s girlfriends video? I used to be a fan of the radfords when they were frugle and claimed to be self sufficient, now I can see right through them, very materialistic, they must be loaded, they were supposed to be going to Australia this summer for 4 weeks, been once before and Florida twice, Canada goose coats, and in the new vlog the one just before hallies birthday, sue can be seen taking Heidi for a hip scan in a brand new Range Rover, WTF!! It amazes me!
I think thanks to some tea being spilt a lot of people are waking up to them and the lies as for money definitely loaded from somewhere ? but I suppose everyone has their price shame for the poor kids though with no privacy and media intrusion if they have made that much money why not retreat into the background at least one of them must be money grabbing and or attention seeking having a super size family is difficult enough and a 24/7 job on its own but keeping up this charade must be unbearable for them all so take your 21 kids all your money and vanish you make us all look bad

• Heart
Can someone post a link to the TikTok video your talking about
It was taken down I think but someone sent it to me. I thought people had seen it.
It wasnt very nice but it was by the baby daddys new girlfriend apparently and she wasnt happy with millie.

I wont repost it, millie is only 18 and preg.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
It was taken down I think but someone sent it to me. I thought people had seen it.
It wasnt very nice but it was by the baby daddys new girlfriend apparently and she wasnt happy with millie.

I wont repost it, millie is only 18 and preg.
Fair enough, but why wasn't she happy? The pregnancy has nothing to do with her anyway.

I think that they have had that many kids now, they will have to keep up the vlogs and hinting for freebies as if they went back to normal life they just wouldn’t be able to afford it, there was a vlog a couple of weeks ago we’re Millie was showing the new baby clothes she had bought and a load full one of her friends had given her, and she looked straight into the camera and said, I have definitely got enough 0-3 clothes now, haven’t got any 3-6 months yet, like it was dead obvious she was hinting for people to send her bigger size clothes for the baby, she’s definitely going the same way with wanting the freebees!!

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.