Rachel Gorry #11 Follow me and watch me cry, here's my haul now swipe up and buy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m nosey so had a quick look to see what payments you get if your widowed and she could be getting one parent family payment which would be about €300 a week. I’m not saying she shouldn’t get it but just saying it is possible!
She's not getting one parent family if she's widowed. She'd be getting widows pension which isn't touched even if you work. That payment is
I’m nosey so had a quick look to see what payments you get if your widowed and she could be getting one parent family payment which would be about €300 a week. I’m not saying she shouldn’t get it but just saying it is possible!
She'd be getting widows pension.

Attachments

How did they not have a mortgage? 🙉 can this bit be explained to me! I must’ve missed when she spoke about this!
I think they inherited the first house they lived in and then sold it so they had enough money not to need a mortgage, I’m open to correction though!

She's not getting one parent family if she's widowed. She'd be getting widows pension which isn't touched even if you work. That payment is

She'd be getting widows pension.
What was Daniels occupation ? Has she ever said ?
He worked for Irish water I think!! He also worked in Argos.

Attachments

The comments regarding travellers included her literacy skills, style and links to tarmac so yes they were derogatory. I’m not a traveller but I could see how those remarks were insulting to the traveller community.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
The comments regarding travellers included her literacy skills, style and links to tarmac so yes they were derogatory. I’m not a traveller but I could those remarks were insulting to the traveller community.
I'm settled. I come from a strong travelling background, with my parents being deep rooted travelling people. The same people who moved away from the side road living to home us, to put us through school, to put us through third level education or encourage us to work. I can say that I get such comments all the time of "but you don't look like one/sound like one" etc, it's backhanded compliments. Like oh I love your hair colour but it doesn't suit you......

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I'm settled. I come from a strong travelling background, with my parents being deep rooted travelling people. The same people who moved away from the side road living to home us, to put us through school, to put us through third level education or encourage us to work. I can say that I get such comments all the time of "but you don't look like one/sound like one" etc, it's backhanded compliments. Like oh I love your hair colour but it doesn't suit you......
It’s an assumption that all travellers are a certain type. People can pretend they don’t think that but the comments you mention of not looking like one show that they have a stereotypical view of what a traveler looks like.

It’s like making broad statements about any community of people; one size doesn’t fit all. Farmers tend to make up a portion of the community in the countryside that doesn’t mean that everyone living outside of Dublin is related to a farmer. It’s ignorance.

Reactions: 6
Nah girl, I can spell alright. Any mistakes might be from typing on a phone while commuting and doing a days work...to pay for my tarmac drive....Recommend anyone? 🤣🤣🤣
Thats disgraceful and you say your not prejudiced. I’m glad you find yourself hilarious cos I doubt anyone else does.

Reactions: 7
Was thinking the exact same. She should have gotten the water treatment pump thing or whatever you use to clean the water. It's a shocking waste of water, not as if it's a paddling pool or she reused the water to water plants when it was emptied. And yes I know it rains non stop in this country but there's way too much water wasted. My neighbour spent hours power washing her front drive and it doesn't look any better. It just annoys me.
She also said it was from Amazon I’m sure then said she got it 2nd hand from her friend for €100, it’s brand new 🥴🥴

I think they inherited the first house they lived in and then sold it so they had enough money not to need a mortgage, I’m open to correction though!

He worked for Irish water I think!! He also worked in Argos.
She said they lived in a mobile and saved for 1st mortgage lived there and sold that hoise for a big profit then Daniel and his dad did all the works on the new house and saved a fortune but even so she’s defo got money from somewhere big car spends money doing up the garage like a second house, I’d say lotto but then why the sister in a mobile now why wouldn’t you help her get a house instead of doing up a garage that money would get the sister a mortgage deposit and furniture I’d say

Last edited:
She also said it was from Amazon I’m sure then said she got it 2nd hand from her friend for €100, it’s brand new 🥴🥴

She said they lived in a mobile and saved for 1st mortgage lived there and sold that hoise for a big profit then Daniel and his dad did all the works on the new house and saved a fortune but even so she’s defo got money from somewhere big car spends money doing up the garage like a second house, I’d say lotto but then why the sister in a mobile now why wouldn’t you help her get a house instead of doing up a garage that money would get the sister a mortgage deposit and furniture I’d say
I was sure one of their uncles or something left them the first house? Maybe I’m wrong

Reactions: 1
Did people ever think maybe her sister is happy to work her own way up to a house? She seems extremely proud of her work on the mobile. I personally could never take a dig out like that from a family member and feel forever indebted to them, I'd prefer to work for it myself. Also Rachel is now a single mother of 3 young girls, and is trying to finish her house and save for their future! Dunno why everyone is so obsessed with where she gets her money from. This convo comes up time and time again.... Dya think she had a boob job? We've not mentioned that before....

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Did people ever think maybe her sister is happy to work her own way up to a house? She seems extremely proud of her work on the mobile. I personally could never take a dig out like that from a family member and feel forever indebted to them, I'd prefer to work for it myself. Also Rachel is now a single mother of 3 young girls, and is trying to finish her house and save for their future! Dunno why everyone is so obsessed with where she gets her money from. This convo comes up time and time again.... Dya think she had a boob job? We've not mentioned that before....
Ya maybe so the sister is following her steps anyway with the ads and plugs I unfollowed fairly sharpish, if it were me I’d feel bad my nieces and nephews living in a tiny room and me furnishing a garage though 🙈

Reactions: 3
I was sure one of their uncles or something left them the first house? Maybe I’m wrong
I didn't hear her say she got the pool from Amazon, I tap through most of her crap, but she 100% said she bought it 2nd hand!

Reactions: 5
She said a number of times that the site they’ve built on belonged to Daniel’s uncle. Daniel and is Dad did a large amount of the work which would save a fortune. Direct labour rather than contractor in general saves a fortune and when you or family can do so much of that work yourselves the savings are huge. TBF Rachel and her sister both get stuck into the painting etc., I personally wouldn’t have the head for it!!!! Also she shared they bought the first house very young and sold it for a really good profit. For me all of that makes sense to helping them get to the house they have now, appears to have been a mixture of luck (profit at time of selling first house) and hard work.

I agree.
She shares very close similarities to the traveller community, settled or otherwise. It's just a fact.
The endless flow of money is strange. There's no way that a life insurance policy of a 30 year old would pay out the amount of money she is spending. From before Daniel died, to now, she's filled a house that was almost empty upon his death, filled it with furnishings, furniture, to patio furniture on the double, to the garage, and future tar.
She said they didn't have a mortgage, probably a mistake by her at the start as she'd get more mileage if she was strugglin' financially.
So we're talking about a life insurance policy for a 30 year old paying out at least 200k?
Nah, not buying it.
I work in the business and age has absolutely nothing to do with what your life assurance payout would be, how could it? In fact a lot of policies (including mortgage life policies) are called decreasing life policies so the amount paid out decreases over the years. Good to stick with the facts!! So in these cases the younger you are the more you would actually get. A life policy is for an assured amount and does not require x amount of contributions/time etc. Pensions are a little different as depending on what type would be impacted by years service etc. Rachel did note many times at the beginning that they did not have mortgage cover as the mortgage had not yet drawn down as they wore building from money from if first house. Once Daniel was diagnosed they wouldn’t have got a mortgage. They possibly got a lump sum from Daniel’s pension which would have helped finish the house or could have hat stand alone life policy not attached to the mortgage. I follow this page and have only ever commented re the ‘money’ stuff cos there seems to be a lot of confusion as to how these things work, from my experience and knowledge in that business it all seems very much the norm, I’ve seen so many similar cases sadly.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
She is cleaning up on Instagram. All the Andrea Roche gang are because they will literally sell anything to anyone. She is getting a lot more than free clothes.

Reactions: 3
In a way I think fair play to her for making money to enable her to stay home with her girls. I know I would have loved to be able to not work a traditional job when my child was small. I just wish she’d stop whingeing to the camera & give the girls their teddies.

Reactions: 8
I personally don't object to her making money, I object to how she makes it.
She uses her deceased husband and grieving little girls to shill fast fashion, tan and all other sorts of shite.
It's wrong on so many levels and she should be ashamed of herself but like all the other insta Huns, she is addicted to the attention and won't give it up.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Ya maybe so the sister is following her steps anyway with the ads and plugs I unfollowed fairly sharpish, if it were me I’d feel bad my nieces and nephews living in a tiny room and me furnishing a garage though 🙈
There is nothing wrong with having a small bedroom! Its not up to Rachel to help her sister with a mortgage! How insulting to her sister maybe she is happy to stand on her own two feet. The trade off is that Rachel has her mother living with her I would HATE that.
As for saying she won the lotto? Jesus wept talk about blatantly making things up..
She is making thousands! This is not a hobby its a very lucrative career.

Reactions: 5
People severely underestimate the amount these people are making from Instagram. They’re rolling in it.

Reactions: 11
Seen these two cretins in Tullamore. The neck of the sister is unreal. She thinks her and her grabby sister are celebrities. The swanned up and skipped in front of me in the queue and when I told them to move they turned and laughed at me. I swiftly got in front of them, horrible people.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
I think it your getting work done and talking about it u should have to say what it cost end of I don't get how they afford it all !

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.