Rachel Aust

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I made a thread about Rachel on another forum which died a death -- we know which I'm talking about, and there seemed to be a lot of like-minded people on there with the same thoughts as Rachel as what I had.

To begin with I really enjoyed her content, a lot of what I really liked from her has been deleted off her YouTube now and even her Instagram. Before all of her fillers and fake tan, I thought she was gorgeous, a total stand out type of beauty. But she filled her face with plastic, got some pretty crap tattoos and began getting spray tans (or at least sun bathing more).

With the change of aesthetics she also had a change of personality and became more bland and insufferable. (edit to say: I don't find her insufferable anymore, maybe generic).

Her current persona isn't too bad, if I'm being honest. She seems to have lost the entitled act to some degree, but she still does things that aggravate me and I wish she'd dye her hair dark brown or a moussey brown since her red hair is very Fiona from Shrek looking.

Her most recent instagram photo:

I prefer the second picture because she looks more natural even if it's still posed, I hate pouty selfies.

I also like that she isn't such a monochromatic bore anymore as well. Her style is better than it was and her feed is more fun to look at than it used to be.

This photo:

made me think that maybe her current boyfriend has injected some more personality into her than Beau did.

I wish she'd get rid of the lip fillers though, she doesn't need them, but she does also seem like she stopped getting cheek fillers (unless she's just photoshopping her face slimmer). I'm glad the hamster phase is gone.

Anyway that's my word vomit on my opening post to this thread. Haha. Let the discussion begin again.

Here's some youtube videos if you don't already know her:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzBLYYgew-U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpFFSGmg4-E

Reactions: 1
I used to really enjoy her content but I stopped watching for a while and now she kind of scares me haha. Granted she’s less of a ranter, now she can barely move her face!

She also seems completely change herself with each new fad or boyfriend (monochromatic, plant obsessed, then boho rattan)

Reactions: 2
I like her with red hair and like she's starting to embrace its natural texture. Its softer on her than when she had the black and filtered her skin toke into nothingness.

I dont blame her for her aesthetic changes. She's spent most of her 20s on youtube so we've just seen her trying stuff out. Plus she had a lot of body changes over the years and I'm sure that's played into it. She seems pretty content.

I'm curious what happened to the gym. She seemed to get possession of it in the break up but never really talked about it much after the move. I assume she sold the business.

I dont watch her much because I just find her boring. Im not really interested in watching under-seasoned cooking videos or plant rearranging. I do find it interesting that she's with Gleam but doesn't seem to get the full Gleam treatment like other influencers.

Reactions: 6
I completely forgot she was with Gleam! They’ve totally brushed her under the rug, most Gleam influencers get a book deal and some sort of cheap line based on their niche.

She was def more popular back when she first started YouTube, nobody talks about her anymore

I used to watch her pcos videos a few years ago... she just came up in my recommended. Wtf has happened to her? Why has she made her apartment like a fricking jungle??? Is that supposed to look nice because it doesn’t, it looks absolutely ridiculous

Yeah I hate the whole plant home aesthetic, it just looks like a cluttered mess

Reactions: 3
She suits her natural hair colour better or at least cool toned hair colours rather than the warm red tones
Totally agree! I think she is a True Summer maybe, and muted colors would look more flattering on her.
What do you guys think? I tried to emulate her natural hair color and a blue shirt (pls ignore my poor job on Photoshop).

rachel aust - summer colors.jpg
rachel aust - original.jpg

Did she ever acknowledge that her and Mitch (was that his name??) split? I swear he was in every other story and now she lives in a greenhouse with her pets.

I think she's quite boring to follow and she just seems to love her self a little too hard in a weird way. Not in a confident way but this strange 'I'm bleeping great at taking care of plants. I'm the master of my health. My tattoos are so unique and I dye my hair because it looks bleeping good on me like that' but there's not really any substance to her. I don't think she's shared anything remotely interesting in months. Or at least if I watch her stories, nothing stands out to me.

Did she ever acknowledge that her and Mitch (was that his name??) split? I swear he was in every other story and now she lives in a greenhouse with her pets.

I think she's quite boring to follow and she just seems to love her self a little too hard in a weird way. Not in a confident way but this strange 'I'm bleeping great at taking care of plants. I'm the master of my health. My tattoos are so unique and I dye my hair because it looks bleeping good on me like that' but there's not really any substance to her. I don't think she's shared anything remotely interesting in months. Or at least if I watch her stories, nothing stands out to me.
It’s nuts how many plants she has in there now!!! That monstera that takes up half the living room, wow. These plants would have fit better in their last place.

This girl is going from one extreme to another. Few years ago it was ale the black and white everything and now It’s beige and teracota. Bur ofc not enough to have your whole apartament this colour scheme but she changes her hair to a warm colour and all of her clothes. Wondering what the next theme Is gonna be in a few years and what happens with all of her current stuff that don’t fit the new scheme lol. Also the amount of plants is ridiculous

Almost every of her video is an ad for squarespace

Reactions: 4
I think she’s a phaser, well it’s more of a fact. But I do think she looks better now than she did a few years ago. Way less filler than back then, makes her look like less of a chipmunk / bloated mess.

has she split with Mitch? Her Facebook says they’re in a relationship

I think she’s a phaser, well it’s more of a fact. But I do think she looks better now than she did a few years ago. Way less filler than back then, makes her look like less of a chipmunk / bloated mess.

has she split with Mitch? Her Facebook says they’re in a relationship
I just assumed because I've not seen him in any of her stories whereas I used to see him before, but also I've not been looking too closely so I'm probably wrong!

I just started watching her new vlog and she says she is flying to Perth to meet Mitch’s family for the first time.

I used to be a big fan until I realized how empty and shallow she is.

Reactions: 5
I can never tell if I like her or not. I used to follow her yonks ago and she recently showed up again on my feed because of her PCOS vids. I just feel like her videos are sooooooo curated. I was surprised in most recent vlog she actually showed us her in the gym, she's moved so far away from that content and it was actually nice to see. Wish she'd show more of that rather than her bland and boring looking meals.

I can't believe she's already been with her boyfriend for 4 years. Where did the time go? Seems like 5 mins since she was with Beau

Tbh I always liked her in her old goth eras so I have a bit of a soft spot for Rachel and this aesthetic 😅