QVC + Shopping/Selly Telly in General

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've found myself watching (and recording) quite a lot of QVC on my Virgin Media telly box recently. I suppose I just like the fact that slebs/zlebs such as Amanda Holden, Ruth Langford, Gok Wan and various others go on there to flog the products which they've 'designed/assisted with the planning'. There's already a huge forum called 'Shopping Telly' on the Internet, but it's full of adverts and seems quite scary.

Does anybody else watch? The sycophantic Tweets/Instagram messages from viewers/satisfied customers the presenters read out during shows always makes me cringe.

Reactions: 1
I only really watch ruth langsford and i dont know why lol. I just get sucked in. You get the odd good beauty deal on qvc but the clothes are over priced .

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I only really watch ruth langsford and i dont know why lol. I just get sucked in. You get the odd good beauty deal on qvc but the clothes are over priced .
I agree! It's expensive to pay outward and return postage too. The presenters tend to get excited about very little!

My nan has been watching and buying stuff from QVC for well over a decade now, she loves it. She got into it when freeview first came out. Buys all sorts from there from clothes to fresh meat. We all used to poke light hearted fun at the tat she buys (and most of it is tat). Now my mum has started to get sucked in as well so that’s fun🙄

I sat through many hours of qvc after school when I was younger and it’s just so boring. The presenters are obviously hyping every product because that’s their job not because they actually like them. A lot of things on there you can find cheaper elsewhere.

• Heart
My nan has been watching and buying stuff from QVC for well over a decade now, she loves it. She got into it when freeview first came out. Buys all sorts from there from clothes to fresh meat. We all used to poke light hearted fun at the tat she buys (and most of it is tat). Now my mum has started to get sucked in as well so that’s fun🙄

I sat through many hours of qvc after school when I was younger and it’s just so boring. The presenters are obviously hyping every product because that’s their job not because they actually like them. A lot of things on there you can find cheaper elsewhere.
I just worry that older people are being ripped off !! If they have the money then happy days but id say a good few cant afford it.

Reactions: 3
I just worry that older people are being ripped off !! If they have the money then happy days but id say a good few cant afford it.
I worry about that too; under their so-called 'friendly' exterior those brand ambassadors and presenters are ruthless salespeople.

Reactions: 2
Louis Theroux did one of his weird weekends on home shopping. Its from the late 90s but its a good watch

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I put QVC Beauty on when I can’t sleep. The presenters are so persuasive! Luckily I’ve never been sucked in.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I put QVC Beauty on when I can’t sleep. The presenters are so persuasive! Luckily I’ve never been sucked in.
I know what you mean, I'd love to erase my puppet lines but no amount of vitamin A-infused serum is ever going to do that!

Dr Win the inventor was quite the character :LOL:
Most of the people he studied were. My personal fave was the UFO guy who conversed directly with aliens.