Questions for those who have been through menopause

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had a little google! It could be from a low B12 level? Maybe ask your GP to test your levels?
I supplement with a B12 spray, but it is something I will look into. Much appreciated.

Has anyone tried a herbal supplement like Kalms for anxiety.

Reactions: 1
These helped me with hot flushes.

Vogel Menoforce Sage
I’m seeing a nutritionist who focus on menopausal women. There’s a bunch of things involved but the main thing she recommends for hot flushes are red and purple food: berries, tomatoes, eggplant, radicchio, anything in those colours. At least 3 portions of those a day. I’m on early days still, haven’t have enough yet to start seeing results- it takes a month for that. It’s just food, no harm trying. I’m hopeful, those hot flushes are killing me, I’ll try anything.

Reactions: 5
I’m seeing a nutritionist who focus on menopausal women. There’s a bunch of things involved but the main thing she recommends for hot flushes are red and purple food: berries, tomatoes, eggplant, radicchio, anything in those colours. At least 3 portions of those a day. I’m on early days still, haven’t have enough yet to start seeing results- it takes a month for that. It’s just food, no harm trying. I’m hopeful, those hot flushes are killing me, I’ll try anything.
At the worst it will vary your diet. We should be eating different colour veg and fruit anyway

Reactions: 5
Sage tea is great for hot flushes.

I've now started on body identical hormones, anyone else?

Reactions: 3
I supplement with a B12 spray, but it is something I will look into. Much appreciated.

Has anyone tried a herbal supplement like Kalms for anxiety.
Vitamin B 12 deficiency can be quite serious. If you have had an ilness( over 50 ) you should get checked if possible.

Sage tea is great for hot flushes.

I've now started on body identical hormones, anyone else?
Thanks for this. I’m already on HRT but this last month has been a killer in the hot flushes department. I needed something to help me out

I found myself thinking over things from years ago that I had successfully blocked out.

I did lose a lot of confidence.

I also found myself taking things too personally and going over and over in my head things people had said.

I have always suffered with anxiety so the anxiety side is not new to me but I have quite a few friends that are suffering with it for the first time in their lives due to peri and really struggling.

Us poor women and what we have to go through 😢
You could be talking about me 😥 it's so sad isn't it. I'm sorry you feel like this.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
A little off subject but not much
By looking back at photos of Queen Elizabeth 2
I think it shows when she was going through menopause at about the time Diana died. It's her face. She looks unwell and bloated.
Sorry if I've offended anyone but I wanted to mention it.

A little off subject but not much
By looking back at photos of Queen Elizabeth 2
I think it shows when she was going through menopause at about the time Diana died. It's her face. She looks unwell and bloated.
Sorry if I've offended anyone but I wanted to mention it.
She was 71 when Diana died so doubtful, more likely around the time of the Silver Jubilee

Reactions: 2
My boobs have been so heavy swollen and sore that I have to rub ibuprofen gel on them. I’m post menopause. Is this down to too much of something or not enough of something else?

@Libbylulu it sounds like your estrogen may be dropping. Can you try and make a GP appointment you may need to tweak your hrt

I'm having a weird issue with my gel. I use sandrena and finding the odd sachet the gel isn't drying, it feels very congealed and sticky. Anyone had this before?
I have a box with all the sachets stored in so i doubt it's a issue with how they are stored.

• Heart
Anyone going through perimnopause?

Im 44, my symptoms
Periods heavier, longer painful x2 a month, exhausted, heavy eyes, brain fog, no libido, can’t sleep, anxious, heart palpitations, does this sound familiar?

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Im 44, my symptoms
Periods heavier, longer painful x2 a month, exhausted, heavy eyes, brain fog, no libido, can’t sleep, anxious, heart palpitations, does this sound familiar?
See your doctor. I felt that peri neatly pushed me over the edge. Had I addressed things sooner I don’t think that the menopause would have been quite so brutal. Sending hugs as it can be a miserable time

Reactions: 6

Im 44, my symptoms
My periods are shorter, sometimes with crippling pain, sometimes nothing. Brain fog, yes. Forgetting all the words and names, yes. Exhausted, yes. Insomnia, yes. Mood swings, YES! And, hot flushes! My eyes are gone. Seriously, this is not something to be considered normal. I’m seeing a nutritionist specialized in menopause and, along with a certain diet, she prescribed a course of supplements after checking my blood work. It takes a while, but I’m starting to see some improvements, at least on the hot flush front.