Questions for those who have been through menopause

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My periods stopped suddenly. 11 months went by. I then had one (mild) so had to start the count again. Got to 8 months, had covid jab, got a period (mild one). So had to start count again. I am now a year without.

Dizziness - yes, particularly going down stairs. It has got better though over time. I am not on HRT.

Anxiety is a bastard for me now. I am getting cross about this now. I doubt myself.

Reactions: 2
I saw my GP last week for an unrelated issue.

I just happen to mention that I thought I might be heading to peri-menopause. I said that I didn't seem to be ticking the boxes for physical symptoms but how my mood can be quite low, lack of motivation/interest in things, general can't be bothered attitude and my PMS irritability has got worse and includes quite morbid thoughts/hopeless feelings for the future and it really upsets me.

She responded with a courteous nod and said yes, this can happen a couple of years for periods are affected and that was that. Next!

OK, I was there with an unrelated issue but considering this was the first time I'd said out loud how I'd been feeling - it was just dismissed very quickly.
It’s been said that during training doctors only get half a day’s lectures on the menopause, this is why there’s very little understanding. I’d like to think that high profile people like Sophie Countess of Wessex taking Menopause as one of her causes will hopefully help.
Feeling like you do is miserable and peri can be brutal. There’s natural meds you can take and see how you go. Otherwise go back, insist before things slip further which is what happened to me

• Heart
Reactions: 3
It’s been said that during training doctors only get half a day’s lectures on the menopause, this is why there’s very little understanding. I’d like to think that high profile people like Sophie Countess of Wessex taking Menopause as one of her causes will hopefully help.
Feeling like you do is miserable and peri can be brutal. There’s natural meds you can take and see how you go. Otherwise go back, insist before things slip further which is what happened to me
Has she, I saw she was in the car with TW and thought, don't duck with Sophie, she must be menopausal now, so really pleased to hear that she is taking menopause on as a cause.

Has she, I saw she was in the car with TW and thought, don't duck with Sophie, she must be menopausal now, so really pleased to hear that she is taking menopause on as a cause.
Yes she indeed has. A big deal was made of it at the time because royals don’t usually talk of such personal things

Reactions: 1
My friends GP recommended ‘ menopace max’ tablets. Herbal things. Not HRT. You can get them from a chemist. He specified the max ones as they are loads in the range. I got 3 for 2 in boots.
It is made up of 26 nutrients yes it probably does nothing but I feel it can’t make any peri symptoms worse 😬

• Heart
My friends GP recommended ‘ menopace max’ tablets. Herbal things. Not HRT. You can get them from a chemist. He specified the max ones as they are loads in the range. I got 3 for 2 in boots.
It is made up of 26 nutrients yes it probably does nothing but I feel it can’t make any peri symptoms worse 😬
Could you please report back on them once you have taken them for a while?

I’ve been on HRT for almost a year. Recently the hot flushes are back, not as bad as before but still a nuisance. What am I lacking?

I’ve been on HRT for almost a year. Recently the hot flushes are back, not as bad as before but still a nuisance. What am I lacking?
These helped me with hot flushes.

Vogel Menoforce Sage

When you get rid of periods you think you end up with more cash because you don’t buy sanitary products. Not a hope. Money is diverted onto menopause products instead. It is hard work being a woman. It takes hard cash being a woman.

These helped me with hot flushes.

Vogel Menoforce Sage

When you get rid of periods you think you end up with more cash because you don’t buy sanitary products. Not a hope. Money is diverted onto menopause products instead. It is hard work being a woman. It takes hard cash being a woman.
Have you noticed the Boots advert for face creams for menopausal women the cheeky fuckers.

Reactions: 5
Me - not on HRT. I had minimal hot flushes that stopped with Menoforce sage tablets. I was never a sweaty person before that. I have had to use a stronger deodorant last few years.

In the last 2 weeks I have had the weirdest sensation under my hair by my left ear. It feels like water is dripping down the side of my face. If I touch it there is nothing there and the sensation goes. If I lie on that side in bed when I turn over there is a cold feeling, like it should be wet but isn’t. It comes and goes. I have an ear nose and throat issue and I thought maybe water was coming out my ear (eww) but couldn’t feel any wetness in there. Tonight I had a moderately spicy meal. The feeling started again, and when I stuck my fingers into my scalp, that area felt clammier than the other side under the hair. My hair isn’t wet. As I type it has started again. I think it might be a menopause thing. Some type of increased sweating in one spot. Has anyone else had a sweaty scalp since menopause. And if so, is there something that can be done about it?

Me - not on HRT. I had minimal hot flushes that stopped with Menoforce sage tablets. I was never a sweaty person before that. I have had to use a stronger deodorant last few years.

In the last 2 weeks I have had the weirdest sensation under my hair by my left ear. It feels like water is dripping down the side of my face. If I touch it there is nothing there and the sensation goes. If I lie on that side in bed when I turn over there is a cold feeling, like it should be wet but isn’t. It comes and goes. I have an ear nose and throat issue and I thought maybe water was coming out my ear (eww) but couldn’t feel any wetness in there. Tonight I had a moderately spicy meal. The feeling started again, and when I stuck my fingers into my scalp, that area felt clammier than the other side under the hair. My hair isn’t wet. As I type it has started again. I think it might be a menopause thing. Some type of increased sweating in one spot. Has anyone else had a sweaty scalp since menopause. And if so, is there something that can be done about it?
My daughter gets that but she has bad anxiety. She always feels like water is dripping down her face.

In peri I have had a lot of tingling in my face and I also get a weird feeling in my scalp like there’s something crawling about in my hair.

Reactions: 1
My daughter gets that but she has bad anxiety. She always feels like water is dripping down her face.

In peri I have had a lot of tingling in my face and I also get a weird feeling in my scalp like there’s something crawling about in my hair.
I have been suffering anxiety recently. That came with the menopause. Deep sigh. Sounds like another symptom of the meno, the gift that keeps on giving.

• Sad