Questions for those who have been through menopause

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ive always been on a clockwork 28 day cycle, which changed to 25 days a little under a year ago.
One time only I went 32 days, but now I'm on my 45th day with no sign of anything.

Weirdly I don't feel as hormonal as I usually do when I'm having periods, which I'm not complaining about! Although I do feel quite tearful, have occasional period pains and the brain fog and lack of interest have remained.

Has anyone any idea what generally happens next when you start skipping periods?

I'm so worried that one day it will come with no warning and just explode

Ive always been on a clockwork 28 day cycle, which changed to 25 days a little under a year ago.
One time only I went 32 days, but now I'm on my 45th day with no sign of anything.

Weirdly I don't feel as hormonal as I usually do when I'm having periods, which I'm not complaining about! Although I do feel quite tearful, have occasional period pains and the brain fog and lack of interest have remained.

Has anyone any idea what generally happens next when you start skipping periods?

I'm so worried that one day it will come with no warning and just explode
That happened to a friend, no period for 11 montgs then one so bad she had to be hospitalised

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Wondered if I could get some advice.
I’m 51 and still get my period although it can be over in a day or be really heavy other months.

my main symptoms are brainfog, which is so bad at times I literally can’t remember basic things such as the name of my colleagues that I see daily, I’ve got little or no enthusiasm for things I used to love such as days out or even Christmas, my sex drive has disappeared completely, I get terrible mood swings to the point I want to divorce my husband and I’m getting lots of hair on my chin so I’m constantly plucking even though I’m fair haired, but the hair is thick and grows back in days.
Do I get a blood test or can you recommend herbal remedies as I feel like I’ve lost myself and it’s not fair on my family as I’m like Jekyll and Hyde x
I would try get an appointment with your doctor
These are the supplements that I take
Vitamin D
B6
B12
Iron
Zinc
Isoflavones soy
Magnesium glycinate & citrate
All the best and good luck with doctor 🙏🏻

Random but has anyone ever experienced dizziness with menopause? I feel like I’m going crazy
Yes iv experienced dizziness but I’m also anemic

Reactions: 1
That happened to a friend, no period for 11 montgs then one so bad she had to be hospitalised
So worrying isn't it. I've heard similar things from friends. I'm so worried it will happen while I'm working, and in my job I spend a lot of time in people's houses 🙈

Do they just stop suddenly like this, or do you just have longer cycles?

So worrying isn't it. I've heard similar things from friends. I'm so worried it will happen while I'm working, and in my job I spend a lot of time in people's houses 🙈

I dont know. I gave a coil so no.periods

They can suddenly stop but you have to go 1 year without any to be classed and through the menopause. So if you miss 7 months then get a period you have to start counting again.

I have two friends where theirs just suddenly stopped.

Mine got very heavy and painful which I never used to suffer badly from. Mine are now every two months at present.

They can suddenly stop but you have to go 1 year without any to be classed and through the menopause. So if you miss 7 months then get a period you have to start counting again.

I have two friends where theirs just suddenly stopped.

Mine got very heavy and painful which I never used to suffer badly from. Mine are now every two months at present.
I was talking about that the other day and how gutted you'd be to go to something like 11.5mths and have to start counting again.
I've also wondered about the women that started bleeding after their covid jab when they'd passed 12mths and how that affected their menopause counting.

Mine have also been more painful of late, which like you wasn't normal for me.

I know we're all different so can't ever really compare, but its frustrating that we can't ever get any definite answers and just have to wait and see

Mine just stopped after years of incredibly heavy bleeding - then after 7 months they started again after my first Covid jab - I’ve read this was a thing. After my second jab they stopped again!

Just a question 🫤

Does peri-menopause /menopause heighten there insecurities from the past ??

• Heart
I saw my GP last week for an unrelated issue.

I just happen to mention that I thought I might be heading to peri-menopause. I said that I didn't seem to be ticking the boxes for physical symptoms but how my mood can be quite low, lack of motivation/interest in things, general can't be bothered attitude and my PMS irritability has got worse and includes quite morbid thoughts/hopeless feelings for the future and it really upsets me.

She responded with a courteous nod and said yes, this can happen a couple of years for periods are affected and that was that. Next!

OK, I was there with an unrelated issue but considering this was the first time I'd said out loud how I'd been feeling - it was just dismissed very quickly.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
@Notworthy @Suzesnooze its a really horrible experience to go through 😢
I found myself thinking over things from years ago that I had successfully blocked out.

I did lose a lot of confidence.

I also found myself taking things too personally and going over and over in my head things people had said.

I have always suffered with anxiety so the anxiety side is not new to me but I have quite a few friends that are suffering with it for the first time in their lives due to peri and really struggling.

Us poor women and what we have to go through 😢

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’ve just been on the Superdrug website and ordered the hrt patches.

I can’t even get to see my gp as there Us only one dr as the others have left and unless you’re at deaths door they can’t see you.

Im just fed up feeling utterly low and want to feel normal again.

• Heart
Just a question 🫤

Does peri-menopause /menopause heighten there insecurities from the past ??
Yes it has for me and made me realise that I need some counselling for past events. Thankfully my husband is very understanding and patient because it's been very hard on me and him

I saw my GP last week for an unrelated issue.

I just happen to mention that I thought I might be heading to peri-menopause. I said that I didn't seem to be ticking the boxes for physical symptoms but how my mood can be quite low, lack of motivation/interest in things, general can't be bothered attitude and my PMS irritability has got worse and includes quite morbid thoughts/hopeless feelings for the future and it really upsets me.

She responded with a courteous nod and said yes, this can happen a couple of years for periods are affected and that was that. Next!

OK, I was there with an unrelated issue but considering this was the first time I'd said out loud how I'd been feeling - it was just dismissed very quickly.
I was speaking to my Dr ages ago about an unrelated issue and mentioned peri. I am symptomatic though, and mentioned it and she's just dismissed it with age while agteeong it was possible.
That's what puts me off speaking to them again about HRT and further help.
We already have zero confidence and low mood, so to be dismissed is a step too far.
I did read that it's a good idea to use the Balance app or diary to track your symptoms and go in hand with that, but to also take a friend or relative with you who also understands and can fight for you. So this will be something I do when I feel I can't cope amd need some help from a GP

Last edited:
I’ve just been on the Superdrug website and ordered the hrt patches.

I can’t even get to see my gp as there Us only one dr as the others have left and unless you’re at deaths door they can’t see you.

Im just fed up feeling utterly low and want to feel normal again.
Can you get it with no check up? I know when you first get it from GP you have to have a check up first. Blood pressure, weight etc?

I found myself thinking over things from years ago that I had successfully blocked out.

I did lose a lot of confidence.

I also found myself taking things too personally and going over and over in my head things people had said.

I have always suffered with anxiety so the anxiety side is not new to me but I have quite a few friends that are suffering with it for the first time in their lives due to peri and really struggling.

Us poor women and what we have to go through 😢
Yes a lot of stuff has resurfaced I thought I had delt with and got over 🫤

Can you get it with no check up? I know when you first get it from GP you have to have a check up first. Blood pressure, weight etc?
They just ask some health questions on the app and once their dr approved it they’ll send it to you in the post, literally took less than 10 minutes.