Questions for those who have been through menopause

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Since starting bio identical hormones a few months back my chin is so spotty and sore. I’m currently using Paula’s Choice. What could I use for menopausal sportiness?

Hey, not sure where to start 🥴 I feel iv hit a low feeling very insecure in my marriage, feeling invisible, unattractive, thinking my husband is with other people feel I’m going crazy and loosing my mind, this has just come out of the blue iv been raking my mind for clues, actions and behaviours and nothing, it’s not adding up I just have these overwhelming feelings and thoughts, so my question is, is this part of the peri menopause/menopause?? Or should I be worried that these feelings and thoughts are my gut and intuition telling me something.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Hey, not sure where to start 🥴 I feel iv hit a low feeling very insecure in my marriage, feeling invisible, unattractive, thinking my husband is with other people feel I’m going crazy and loosing my mind, this has just come out of the blue iv been raking my mind for clues, actions and behaviours and nothing, it’s not adding up I just have these overwhelming feelings and thoughts, so my question is, is this part of the peri menopause/menopause?? Or should I be worried that these feelings and thoughts are my gut and intuition telling me something.
It's almost certainly the menopause.

Reactions: 4
It's almost certainly the menopause.
Thank you 🙏🏻 I kind of thought it could be as iv noticed a few other changes that suggest I’m coming out of peri and going into menopause, but with how my mind has been these last few weeks I wasn’t sure. Thanks again you always make me feel at ease with your reply’s

Reactions: 1
Thank you 🙏🏻 I kind of thought it could be as iv noticed a few other changes that suggest I’m coming out of peri and going into menopause, but with how my mind has been these last few weeks I wasn’t sure. Thanks again you always make me feel at ease with your reply’s
My one bit of advice for any woman around mid 40s is if you find you drastically want to change your life, it's almost certainly hormone driven. It can be great but if you have been happy up to that point then it can be an absute disaster.

Peri can last 10 years. You’re only into menopause after going a full year with no period. You definitely sound like you’re in peri. It’s awful how it can change you as a person. It definitely has had a big effect on me and my thoughts etc.

I don’t think it does. Although it does stop me from being a mental witch so that’s probably anti ageing in itself 😂
My friend said she noticed a massive difference in her skin when she had to stop taking it so I'd say yes it does help but that's not a scientific opinion just an anecdotal one.

My friend said she noticed a massive difference in her skin when she had to stop taking it so I'd say yes it does help but that's not a scientific opinion just an anecdotal one.
ETA Apparently it does. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2685269/

Do you still have periods?

Started HRT last weekend. I’m 38 and been suffering with perimenopausal symptoms since I was 34. Early menopause is in the family; my mum was fully menopausal at 39 and her sister was early 40s.
I’m on everol sequi patches. Not noticed any side effects so far, other than a sore bum where the patch is 😳 Not sure if it’s because I’m sitting where it is so there’s pressure on it. I might put the next patch on my thigh or lower abdomen and try that. Bit nervous about when I start the Conti patches as it’s usually progestogen that causes problems and I struggled to find a contraceptive pill to suit me in the past.
Hi,

I’ve just started on the same thing … how have you found it ?

Hi,

I’ve just started on the same thing … how have you found it ?
I liked this, but was not sure of the name of my patches. But yeah same ones. This is my second week. Flushes zero and not as crabbit. So hoping to be the same when put on the next type of patch, for the next two weeks 🙏

I liked this, but was not sure of the name of my patches. But yeah same ones. This is my second week. Flushes zero and not as crabbit. So hoping to be the same when put on the next type of patch, for the next two weeks 🙏
I haven’t noticed much of a change so far …still heating up like a furnace every two hours in the night 🙄

I could handle the rest but I hate being hot and not sleeping

I haven’t noticed much of a change so far …still heating up like a furnace every two hours in the night 🙄

I could handle the rest but I hate being hot and not sleeping
Aw that’s rubbish, that’s the main reason I asked the dr for it. Waking up boiling n sleeping off whack. I’ll let you know how I get on. I follow a lot of menopause pages on Instagram and tiktok, they are really informative. A lot of lightbulb moments there. I’ve had a frozen shoulder since 2015, and never knew it was a peri menopause symptom?!?

Aw that’s rubbish, that’s the main reason I asked the dr for it. Waking up boiling n sleeping off whack. I’ll let you know how I get on. I follow a lot of menopause pages on Instagram and tiktok, they are really informative. A lot of lightbulb moments there. I’ve had a frozen shoulder since 2015, and never knew it was a peri menopause symptom?!?
Yes I’ve got a frozen shoulder, very common in Peri.

OMG - I also have a frozen shoulder - who knew !
I have pains all over my back and down my legs, I feel like I have been run over most of the time. It’s tit.

An excellent Dr to follow on all things menopause is Dr Louise Newson. She’s absolutely championing women who are suffering through this phase of their lives.

An excellent Dr to follow on all things menopause is Dr Louise Newson. She’s absolutely championing women who are suffering through this phase of their lives.
Yes I believe you can go and see her privately. Shame she doesn't work for free on the NHS!

Yes I believe you can go and see her privately. Shame she doesn't work for free on the NHS!
None of the good ones do. All these celebrities discussing the menopause go privately, fucks me right off. I don't have an issue with them going private, I have an issue with the idea that all women have the same access when they don't. Anyway job for today is to email my MP about the appalling menopause service GPs provide