Questions for those who have been through menopause

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Part of the reason i asked for a referral back to the gynaecologist is when i googled her i saw she was giving workshops to GP's and nurses on HRT.

That's when i thought this woman is the woman who can save me 😂😂

I've had a appointment with a local menopause clinic previously and whilst i would say she was helpful she didn't understand my PMDD so she wasn't perfect.

GP knowledge is a disgrace.

I will never forgot one of my earlier appointments with a male GP re my PMDD. And he told me to increase my carbs. As Google had shown him complex carbs can help with PMS 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 1
Part of the reason i asked for a referral back to the gynaecologist is when i googled her i saw she was giving workshops to GP's and nurses on HRT.

That's when i thought this woman is the woman who can save me 😂😂

I've had a appointment with a local menopause clinic previously and whilst i would say she was helpful she didn't understand my PMDD so she wasn't perfect.

GP knowledge is a disgrace.

I will never forgot one of my earlier appointments with a male GP re my PMDD. And he told me to increase my carbs. As Google had shown him complex carbs can help with PMS 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
There was a show on a few months ago about healing with food and one woman had PMDD, when they looked at her diet I think she had cut out dairy and her PMDD got worse so she upped her dairy intake. Our bodies require Cholesterol to manufacture hormones but a lot of women cut it out to lose weight. which is the last thing we should be doing. Food can't heal completely but it can put your body in the best condition to help itself.

ETA pisses me off when we see TV programmes with 'celebrities' discussing menopause, they have all seen a particular Dr, none of them have had to rely on the pathetic help from the NHS

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Does anyone on here use Estrogel and progesterone tablets? I'm confused when I should stop them!

Anyone have just above borderline thyroid but doctor just monitoring as it’s not considered low enough for medication? My numbers are low and I have all the symptoms of hypothyroidism.

Anyone have just above borderline thyroid but doctor just monitoring as it’s not considered low enough for medication? My numbers are low and I have all the symptoms of hypothyroidism.
My sister did, eventually the GP accepted that she did have hypothyroidism. If you have symptoms keep pushing, tests aren't the be all and end all. A good GP would know that.

I went to get my blood tests done, and asked the nurse if I could be checked for vitamin D deficiency (as someone on here mentioned it, as I said I was always tired) and was told it was up too the Dr to decide, I asked if she could be asked and told her next appt was the beginning of September. I was so annoyed.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
I went to get my blood tests done, and asked the nurse if I could be checked for vitamin D deficiency (as someone on here mentioned it, as I said I was always tired) and was told it was up too the Dr to decide, I asked if she could be asked and told her next appt was the beginning of September. I was so annoyed.
It's ridiculous how different GP Practices are. It was a Nurse who ordered my Vit D test as I told her I was always tired and had a painful hip. I would ring Reception and relate the conversation and say why should you have to wait until September and can the Dr not approve it?

It's ridiculous how different GP Practices are. It was a Nurse who ordered my Vit D test as I told her I was always tired and had a painful hip. I would ring Reception and relate the conversation and say why should you have to wait until September and can the Dr not approve it?
Agree. Surely it doesn't need an actual appt for a GP to authorise a Vit D blood test? The nurse at my practice did one for me there and then a couple of years ago. Some surgeries are just ridiculous.

Being a bit dim, first lots of Estrogel and Utrogestan. How many days do you take them, and how many days do you stop for. My Dr hasn't made it clear. 😘

Being a bit dim, first lots of Estrogel and Utrogestan. How many days do you take them, and how many days do you stop for. My Dr hasn't made it clear. 😘
Do you still have periods?

Started HRT last weekend. I’m 38 and been suffering with perimenopausal symptoms since I was 34. Early menopause is in the family; my mum was fully menopausal at 39 and her sister was early 40s.
I’m on everol sequi patches. Not noticed any side effects so far, other than a sore bum where the patch is 😳 Not sure if it’s because I’m sitting where it is so there’s pressure on it. I might put the next patch on my thigh or lower abdomen and try that. Bit nervous about when I start the Conti patches as it’s usually progestogen that causes problems and I struggled to find a contraceptive pill to suit me in the past.

I didn't - I'd had a coil so none, then had it removed October last year an none, then I've been taking these and did get one, have stopped currently as I'm waiting to pick up a prescription.
Just done a quick Google search and from what I can see you use the gel daily and take the utrogestan on cycle days 15 - 26 to mimic a natural cycle. I would probably contact your doctor to double check though.

I'm staying on hrt for life

I'm an actual crazy woman unless i have high levels of estrogen

I'm staying on hrt for life

I'm an actual crazy woman unless i have high levels of estrogen
Hi! Are you on Estrogel and Utrogestan? As I’m really confused when I need to take them, I’ve only just been put on them and had a phone appt with my Dr and can’t speak to her for another 6 weeks 😫

Hi! Are you on Estrogel and Utrogestan? As I’m really confused when I need to take them, I’ve only just been put on them and had a phone appt with my Dr and can’t speak to her for another 6 weeks 😫

No sorry. I'm only on oral estrogen

Can you send your GP surgery a message? I know mine has an econsult service

I've found this on an fb group I'm on. Don't know if this helps

Attachments

Last edited:
No sorry. I'm only on oral estrogen

Can you send your GP surgery a message? I know mine has an econsult service

I've found this on an fb group I'm on. Don't know if this helps
So when is day 15 -28 of your cycle? Day 1 being your 1st day you take it.
When are these 13 days? Day 1 of your period for 13 days? Or 15 days after your period for 13 days?

Last edited:
Contact your MP to complain. An MP is raising menopause support currently also complain to your surgery

Day 1 is the day your period starts. So 15 days after that start the Utrogestan and take that for 13 days