Questions for those who have been through menopause

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just wanted to say I’m 2 months on HRT I feel so much better. It’s like walking around after having 1-2 glasses of wine compared to how I used to feel.
My confidence has improved dramatically too.
I use the oestrogen patch (changed twice a week ) and progesterone tabs (daily the last 2 weeks of my cycle)

• Heart
Reactions: 7
So here we go again 🫤 the crazy loosing my mind, seeing things that are not there, imagining my husband is up to things he’s not is starting to make an appearance again, I’m trying my very hardest for it not to happen but the harder I try the stronger it’s becoming, iv been in a good place this past year everything was more settled within myself, then a couple of weeks ago the thoughts started creeping in, i really can’t go through this tit again I know it’s all me, I can’t put my family and husband through this it’s very unsettling and painful, they have been very supportive of me, why do your hormones do this to you ? Why can’t we just get through peri/menopause without all the tit that comes with it don’t us women deserve better ? We need to deal with a lot in our lives and then this tit happens to us it’s so unfair, and to all those women that say they sailed through peri/menopause you don’t know how lucky you are

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Bored to tears with my peri menopause. I seem to have a period now every other week?! I’m so anaemic but can’t take the iron tablets and often sleep 12 hours a night.
Mood is fine but I live alone so no one to get on my nerves 😂 but just want it over?

Reactions: 2
Bored to tears with my peri menopause. I seem to have a period now every other week?! I’m so anaemic but can’t take the iron tablets and often sleep 12 hours a night.
Mood is fine but I live alone so no one to get on my nerves 😂 but just want it over?
Ah that’s tough going! Have you considered maybe upping your iron with more spinach in your diet and even Guinness to supplement it?

Hi you knowledgeable ladies my hot flushes are of the scale. Went out on Saturday and my t shirt was soaking wet. Awful nights. I’m on Evoral 50 patches, could this mean I need a higher dose patch?

Yes you might need a bigger dose. I found if I drank alcohol or anything sugary, it made the hot flushes worse.

• Heart
Hi you knowledgeable ladies my hot flushes are of the scale. Went out on Saturday and my t shirt was soaking wet. Awful nights. I’m on Evoral 50 patches, could this mean I need a higher dose patch?
I’ve ended up needing the evorel 100 plus 2 pumps of gel, and testosterone gel to be balanced. It’s tricky to get it to a place that works for you. I needed a lot of oestrogen to get it to a non deficient level.

I’ve ended up needing the evorel 100 plus 2 pumps of gel, and testosterone gel to be balanced. It’s tricky to get it to a place that works for you. I needed a lot of oestrogen to get it to a non deficient level.
Thank you. My Drs useless. I’ve had no follow up appointment. Something needs tweaking for sure! I get bad eczema and the heat and sweat makes me rip my skin up, it’s utter hell. X

Hi all,
I'm 57 and just had my minera coil removed after 10 years, had it fitted due to horrible periods at peri stage.

I have never taken/used any kind of HRT.
Levels were tested a couple of years ago and I have defo been through the menopause.

Any idea if I need HRT or anything?
Am seeing doctor on Saturday, what questioned do I need answered?
Many thanks

I’ve just finished a call with a gynaecologist who rang as I had a Dr appt to discuss. She says that I may be through it, and that the Everglades patches are bringing on a period that would maybe not there otherwise. It’s been about 10 years. My symptoms have got 100% worse again. Has anyone else been through it? X

Reactions: 1
Hello everyone. I’m only read up to page 10 here so apologies if this has been discussed already, but has anyone tried Happy Mammoth supplements? I’m being marketed aggressively on Facebook and they claim to help reduce the hormonal bloating that I’ve started to notice. (Plus balance hormones and restore gut health etc etc). Reviews online are tricky to trust and I thought you wonderful souls here might know. (For ref, am 43 and have some peri symptoms, one of which is bad bloating and the appearance of a new, stubborn spare tyre….)

Reactions: 4
Hello everyone. I’m only read up to page 10 here so apologies if this has been discussed already, but has anyone tried Happy Mammoth supplements? I’m being marketed aggressively on Facebook and they claim to help reduce the hormonal bloating that I’ve started to notice. (Plus balance hormones and restore gut health etc etc). Reviews online are tricky to trust and I thought you wonderful souls here might know. (For ref, am 43 and have some peri symptoms, one of which is bad bloating and the appearance of a new, stubborn spare tyre….)
Hope your feeling well and your journey through peri/menopause isn’t to difficult 🙏🏻 iv never heard of them so I can’t give my opinion on them, but what I will ask is what hormones do they balance and how do they know what hormones your needing balanced ??

Hope your feeling well and your journey through peri/menopause isn’t to difficult 🙏🏻 iv never heard of them so I can’t give my opinion on them, but what I will ask is what hormones do they balance and how do they know what hormones your needing balanced ??
Hmmm. You make a very good point - how do they know how to balance an individual's hormones?

Your doctors can do a blood test to see were all your hormone levels are at

I tried something called Happy Hormones which sounds similar to what you're describing. While it did help me, it wasn't enough and I ended up visiting the GP and going on HRT.

First night trying Bijuve, having changed from Everol patches. Been sweating all night! Anyone else on Bijuve and had this?