Purple Bricks

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anybody used this company? I'd love to know your experiences as I am planning on selling up and moving away. I have never sold a property before šŸ™‚

The TV advert alone is enough to put me off.

On a local community Facebook page , a few people were saying they had heard bad things about them , but don't think they have a huge clientele our way.

I was interested in a house that was up with Yopa , it wasn't on the market long.

Reactions: 1
Weā€™ve got a local agent who makes a big deal of selling properties that have been on the market for ages with purple bricks really quicklyā€¦.

Iā€™d go with a local agent who will sell your house for you!

I've not used them but all the houses in my town which have a purple bricks sign outside seem to be for sale forever compared to the ones with local agents. I go past a particular street on my way to work every day and 7 houses have sold with local agents in the last few weeks, the one with purple bricks has been on the market since at least July and is still for sale

I used them, they never chased my buyer for mortgage offer, 2 months later turned out my buyer couldnā€™t get a mortgage, sale fell through, our ā€˜estate agentā€™ ignored all our phone calls and never actually told us our buyer pulled out. The next day he passed us off to someone else on the team! We lost out on house and missed stamp duty deadline. Made a complaint, no response, chased, turns out they never submitted our complaint. Gave us Ā£250 compensation and no more even though we appealed it! Went to a local estate agent. Sold within 2 weeks for asking price (Ā£5k more then first buyer) and 3 months later we complete on Tuesday! Our local agents are amazing and they honestly were the calm in the storm anytime we had an issue. I would say AVOID AVOID AVOID Purplebricks. Your basically paying Ā£1500 for an app cos the EA did sweet F all

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I used them, they never chased my buyer for mortgage offer, 2 months later turned out my buyer couldnā€™t get a mortgage, sale fell through, our ā€˜estate agentā€™ ignored all our phone calls and never actually told us our buyer pulled out. The next day he passed us off to someone else on the team! We lost out on house and missed stamp duty deadline. Made a complaint, no response, chased, turns out they never submitted our complaint. Gave us Ā£250 compensation and no more even though we appealed it! Went to a local estate agent. Sold within 2 weeks for asking price (Ā£5k more then first buyer) and 3 months later we complete on Tuesday! Our local agents are amazing and they honestly were the calm in the storm anytime we had an issue. I would say AVOID AVOID AVOID Purplebricks. Your basically paying Ā£1500 for an app cos the EA did sweet F all
Aw that's awful, ive seen similar comments on their Facebook page but wasn't sure if they were genuine. I'm so sorry that you got messed around so much and thanks for sharing your experience. I hope I find a nice agent! Good luck with everything!

A family member sold through them and it was all so seamless, good communication and they did save quite a bit of money compared to using a ā€œproperā€ estate agent.

But when I came to sell my property the estate agent I went with did tell me not to go with PB as they had heard a lot of horror stories!

I personally would go with a reputable estate agent in your area - itā€™s well worth the extra money.

I used this website to compare them and contact for valuations and quotes - https://www.getagent.co.uk/

All the best with your move!

Totally unprofessional when I tried to buy a house through them, didn't buy it in the end!

Purple Bricks take your money upfront, list on rightmove and then do very little else to actually try and sell your house - why would they? They have your money and couldn't care less if you don't sell it. Most houses listed with PB tend to be overpriced too because again, they don't really care if it sells or not in the majority of cases.

Go with a local agent who knows the local market.

Reactions: 2
My auntie works in housing and she said they will not accept any valuations etc made/done by purple bricks so I feel like that tells you what you need to know!

In one word: shite šŸ¤£

I work in conveyancing and weve had so many clients say they used PB and they got little to no interest yet as soon as they put it on with a local agent they sell within days. PB are not very proactive and nor do they do much chasing to keep the transaction moving quickly. Iā€™d always go with a local agent if you can

Everyone I know who has sold through them took forever to sell and, in my opinion, was marketed way over priced.

From a buying perspective I hated having to book through the app, I didn't like having to give feedback directly to the owner via the app. It put me off viewing other properties marketed by PB.

I recently helped my mum sell her house and we used a local agent. Their knowledge of similar houses and the demand for the area was worth the extra Ā£1.5k in my opinion.