Public Transport

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone else think the public transport in the UK is absolutely shocking! I have no words for it. National express is one of the worst services in my opinion... just look at their twitter. Today my disabled sister has been left stranded as the last bus home didn’t turn up.
Let’s hear your stories.
B282D461-7716-4149-9B56-F94FA4D2C581.jpeg

Reactions: 1
I can’t stand it. Also disabled. Buses in my local area either don’t turn up or the drivers will move off too quickly when I step on the bus (even though I have a bus pass which means they should wait until I’m seated) meaning I’ll fall down. Taxis - either don’t turn up or will let other people into the taxi despite me already booking. Find it so difficult and gives me massive anxiety — I haven’t even attempted trains. 😅

I can’t stand it. Also disabled. Buses in my local area either don’t turn up or the drivers will move off too quickly when I step on the bus (even though I have a bus pass which means they should wait until I’m seated) meaning I’ll fall down. Taxis - either don’t turn up or will let other people into the taxi despite me already booking. Find it so difficult and gives me massive anxiety — I haven’t even attempted trains. 😅
This happened to me on national express which is why I hate it! Was walking down the aisle holding my baby in his car seat and the driver started going. Taxis around here are extortionate

This happened to me on national express which is why I hate it! Was walking down the aisle holding my baby in his car seat and the driver started going. Taxis around here are extortionate
I flew to London yesterday morning and flew back this afternoon and I had a somewhat similar experience with the driver starting to drive 0.5 seconds after I get on. My sister and I have almost went flying out the window.

Trains here in NI are smoother but the busses can be a very pleasant experience or an extremely negative experience. Don’t even get me started on school kids! [emoji1787]

Does anyone else think the public transport in the UK is absolutely shocking! I have no words for it. National express is one of the worst services in my opinion... just look at their twitter. Today my disabled sister has been left stranded as the last bus home didn’t turn up.
Let’s hear your stories.View attachment 58957
As much as I agree UK public transport is shocking, I do feel it is an unsuitable comparison comparing cross country high speed trains in other countries to local commuter trains in the U.K., though the uk’s cross country trains are woefully outdated in many parts, and only one official “high speed” line but still nothing on the likes of Japan etc. Though the U.K. doesn’t really need proper high speed rail like HS2 because the U.K. Just isn’t big enough to make the benefits worthwhile, it won’t reduce the travel time enough to make the £100bn bill for HS2 worthwhile.

I backpacked across Europe using the Interrail pass and the differences between Europe and UK public transports are shocking. The train/bus/ferries were never ever late, I found the conductors to be a wealth of information and helpfulness. Even passengers were lovely (especially if you spoke their languages), I mean there was no grumpy awful person hogging their seat row (you know when they put their bag and coat on the seat next to the seat).
It blows my mind how it isn't like this over here.

Reactions: 1
As much as I agree UK public transport is shocking, I do feel it is an unsuitable comparison comparing cross country high speed trains in other countries to local commuter trains in the U.K., though the uk’s cross country trains are woefully outdated in many parts, and only one official “high speed” line but still nothing on the likes of Japan etc. Though the U.K. doesn’t really need proper high speed rail like HS2 because the U.K. Just isn’t big enough to make the benefits worthwhile, it won’t reduce the travel time enough to make the £100bn bill for HS2 worthwhile.

Looks like it might be going ahead if Labour win