PTWM #83 Agatha Christie.. Adventures on the poverty express

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So on the Smiths FB post there are just the 3 comments but it hides the 1 supposedly negative comment 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 4
Does commenting like that bring people’s attention to the boys/S situation though, who wouldn’t otherwise be aware ? I’m not sure but I do think verified reviews are the best way to do it.

The thing about the mileage and him going mad- if you were responsibly helping a woman escape that’s the exact type of thing you would be avoiding. You save money, little and often- enough he won’t notice. Was she having a relationship with her boss or am I imagining it? I think there’s some truth to her saving that money- but again, why would you ever put a victim in that situation where he would be angry. They were adult social care, they would have known this.
She couldn’t explain what ‘clicked’ when asked and her story was all over the place (Betsy was a baby she said at first which makes no sense because where is Lula?) obviously she left multiple times which makes sense but very strange she couldn’t pinpoint it.

For me I’d basically known all along my relationship was awful. However, 5th may that year I had an operation. He was so horrible to me and pushed me over when I was recovering, made me drive uninsured and was generally so horrible I realised how dangerous he was. I was vulnerable and he upped the ante. By the middle of June i managed to get away from him and block him etc. That was it for me, that was my moment.
I hope life is good for you now - I too was in a relationship with a person who turned out to be controlling violent and cruel for 2 years ( many years ago) but can still recall how abs when I left . There was a recent ad campaign on national tv of a lady talking away to her partner about why she is late home from the shops and it brings back memories of how my ex used to time me when I went out to the supermarket or to drop the kids off at their dad’s house . I don’t get how a Rachel can laugh when recounting stories on the podcast or use the term ‘losing their mind ‘ to describe him as she uses this phrase sometimes to describe her children . I totally agree about the mileage, why would her employer write a letter that would make her partner angry and potentially cause further abuse?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I hope life is good for you now - I too was in a relationship with a person who turned out to be controlling violent and cruel for 2 years ( many years ago) but can still recall how abs when I left . There was a recent ad campaign on national tv of a lady talking away to her partner about why she is late home from the shops and it brings back memories of how my ex used to time me when I went out to the supermarket or to drop the kids off at their dad’s house . I don’t get how a Rachel can laugh when recounting stories on the podcast or use the term ‘losing their mind ‘ to describe him as she uses this phrase sometimes to describe her children . I totally agree about the mileage, why would her employer write a letter that would make her partner angry and potentially cause further abuse?
It just shows, yet again, how little she knows. If she had been "working with" charities and organisations as closely as she likes to pretend for all these years, she would be so mindful of the language and phrases she uses, and realise that a lot of her stories lack the details that would make them believable.

Reactions: 10
I haven’t listened to the podcast, I’ve only seen what’s been said on here but the whole “they sent me a letter to show my partner they were no longer giving me mileage money so I could leave him in a year” makes absolutely zero sense.

Notwithstanding the taxation, liability and company car contradictions / issues, how on earth would a letter saying “we’re not paying you mileage anymore” be interpreted as the above ... unless they literally wrote the line about “so you can leave in a year”. Even if they weren’t sophisticated employers, surely they’d think about the potentially serious implications of sending something like that to an individual they know to be in a dangerous relationship. If that did happen, then why was she “ok” with that?

I’ve had to get my employer involved in the past, unwillingly, because the police told me I had to take my office location, contact details, days of work etc down so off the company website or any publicity documents or marketing campaigns etc. I just disappeared overnight. It was really hard, but I knew it was for the best. Since then, my work have checked every last detail, like at Christmas they sent hampers out, they phoned me to see if they could give my details to the shop or if it would cause any problems having it delivered to home etc etc.

I find it completely unbelievable that she has ever truly been in this situation if I’m honest and it makes me so angry that I ever believed she understood. 😔

• Heart
Reactions: 31
It just shows, yet again, how little she knows. If she had been "working with" charities and organisations as closely as she likes to pretend for all these years, she would be so mindful of the language and phrases she uses, and realise that a lot of her stories lack the details that would make them believable.
It's like the woman in doorway story. Looking back it makes me cringe as it was so unbelievable but I fell for it at the time, if Rachel had actually been a victim of abuse she would know it was a bad idea to put all that detail on social media. She basically identified the woman it happened to, if she had existed in real life. I feel such an idiot for messaging Rachel at the time and asking her to stop posting about it🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 9
No doubt she will blame us. I actually wish I did have an account so I could put where has the PayPal money gone but I'm not setting one up just to do that
It's not worth it anyway. If you use an established account there's the risk she will doxx you and set the huns on you, if you set one up she'll say it's clearly a troll hiding behind a fake account 🙄

Reactions: 6
On that made up seagull story she said the doughnut came from Betsys “old work”. Did the trolls get her fired from the curious kitchen as well?

Reactions: 8
6 likes/loves on that comment on WHSmith’s post! And it’s been there for a few hours.

Reactions: 2
the comments on the book posts 😂 😂

On a scale of 1 - i stole all the donated money how fuming are you right now Rach?

oh... happy 2 year tattle rant anniversary 🎊🎊 . Fluffy ☁, fizzy cat piss 🥂 and 💜 for everyone

p.s. Rach - if your rant video comes up on memories, please can you reshare it for us all 🙂

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.