PTWM #83 Agatha Christie.. Adventures on the poverty express

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had a listen to the podcast ( followed the link on here) and I have a few observations
Firstly Rachel presents a ‘hyper real’ version of herself - busy working mum, campaigner , her tone of voice is more animated, no swearing ‘duck my life mum’ .
She talks away about the woman on the bridge and how her following all started but then she starts to unravel when asked direct questions about DA in her past life ( lots of stumbling over what to say) and also how she managed to leave her partner ( again lots of pausing and ‘mmmmm’ before and while answering ) I can’t believe the dog story and how she was laughing about it in the same vein as talking about leaving a violent relationship.
She mentioned living in a place ( somewhere owned by the company she worked for and not a needle filled bedsit)
Lastly she talked about her bosses saving her mileage money between £200 and £400 a month ( that’s a hell of a lot of miles she must have driven every month, thousands of miles in fact as most mileage paid is around 45p per mile . I’m pretty sure in her past blogs she talked about having to go back to work within weeks of Lula’s birth due to a promotion and company car ( my husband has a company car and a fuel card which forms part of his wage so you wouldn’t have to claim mileage) she says her bosses wrote to her so her partner could see they were no longer paying her a mileage allowance so they could bank it over a year for her to leave him and he ‘lost his mind’. How any company for tax purposes could do this I don’t know!
She mentions her ex ‘losing his mind’ a few times - I’d recommend having a listen to the podcast for the inconsistencies alone.

• Wow
Reactions: 22
Jordan talked about visiting a mosque and said coming from Torbay they don’t see much of other religions/cultures. Erm, a quick google shows Torbay has a mosque and an Islamic centre so you didn’t really need to traipse round the country did you 🙄
I don't want to sound as though I'm defending him as I'd rather rip my own head off, but Torbay isn't very diverse at all. The people that live here are predominately white. I grew up in Manchester so was quite shocked by that. I've seen people openly staring when they've seen a black family here on holiday. Sadly Jordan is right, we really don't see much of other religions/cultures here.

Reactions: 4
I had a listen to the podcast ( followed the link on here) and I have a few observations
Firstly Rachel presents a ‘hyper real’ version of herself - busy working mum, campaigner , her tone of voice is more animated, no swearing ‘duck my life mum’ .
She talks away about the woman on the bridge and how her following all started but then she starts to unravel when asked direct questions about DA in her past life ( lots of stumbling over what to say) and also how she managed to leave her partner ( again lots of pausing and ‘mmmmm’ before and while answering ) I can’t believe the dog story and how she was laughing about it in the same vein as talking about leaving a violent relationship.
She mentioned living in a place ( somewhere owned by the company she worked for and not a needle filled bedsit)
Lastly she talked about her bosses saving her mileage money between £200 and £400 a month ( that’s a hell of a lot of miles she must have driven every month, thousands of miles in fact as most mileage paid is around 45p per mile . I’m pretty sure in her past blogs she talked about having to go back to work within weeks of Lula’s birth due to a promotion and company car ( my husband has a company car and a fuel card which forms part of his wage so you wouldn’t have to claim mileage) she says her bosses wrote to her so her partner could see they were no longer paying her a mileage allowance so they could bank it over a year for her to leave him and he ‘lost his mind’. How any company for tax purposes could do this I don’t know!
She mentions her ex ‘losing his mind’ a few times - I’d recommend having a listen to the podcast for the inconsistencies alone.
Didn't someone come on here and claim that she was living in a flat paid for by her (married) boss who she was sleeping with? I'm not saying this is fact because obviously anyone can come and say anything they like, however it is believable 🤷

Reactions: 17
The thing about the mileage and him going mad- if you were responsibly helping a woman escape that’s the exact type of thing you would be avoiding. You save money, little and often- enough he won’t notice. Was she having a relationship with her boss or am I imagining it? I think there’s some truth to her saving that money- but again, why would you ever put a victim in that situation where he would be angry. They were adult social care, they would have known this.
She couldn’t explain what ‘clicked’ when asked and her story was all over the place (Betsy was a baby she said at first which makes no sense because where is Lula?) obviously she left multiple times which makes sense but very strange she couldn’t pinpoint it.

For me I’d basically known all along my relationship was awful. However, 5th may that year I had an operation. He was so horrible to me and pushed me over when I was recovering, made me drive uninsured and was generally so horrible I realised how dangerous he was. I was vulnerable and he upped the ante. By the middle of June i managed to get away from him and block him etc. That was it for me, that was my moment.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.