PTWM #32 R still can’t explain the PayPal thing, now Josh is betrothed to the Tiger King

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's that she has queen betsy down on her phone as my favourite daughter 😡
My eldest is in my phone as favourite child. This week she is the favourite , If the youngest had a phone I’d block their number after today 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 24
This will sound so pedantic but I honestly just can’t stand the way she speaks, there’s something about it that just gives me the willies

Reactions: 11
This will sound so pedantic but I honestly just can’t stand the way she speaks, there’s something about it that just gives me the willies
Same. I adore the West Country accents, all variants, they are warm and homely and kind. It's a canny place to be.

R, and Josh too actually, sound cold, heartless, snappy and mocking.

Reactions: 12
I've just watched her stories about 'Emily' - who seems like a sweet girl, so this isn't supposed to be negative towards her at all - but the whole 'Thanks for being the best big sister to Betsy' sentiment is a) weird as hell, and b) surely quite insulting to the actual older step-sisters that she has in reality, rather than just in Rach's head?

I know the whole 'patchwork family' narrative is R's whole USP, but why does every single person they are close to have to become some kind of surrogate family member? Why can no-body 'just' be a friend? Especially when she involves her children in her BS at any possible opportunity, then those friendships end as quickly as they start for her: it must be so unsettling for the children.

I come from a tumultuous, broken home, with estranged familial relationships; I understand the desperate desire to cling to every person you connect with in any way throughout your life in order to create the image of family that you feel you've missed out on. I really do understand it. But that doesn't mean it's healthy. Rather than claiming everyone she gets along with as a member of her family in order to make herself feel 'whole', perhaps instead she should see someone qualified who can help her unpack those feelings, and help her to feel like she is enough.

I'm sorry for the ramble, I just find it so bizarre.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I hate the whole adopted family stuff. I refuse to let my children call my friends auntie etc as I think it’s insulting to my sister who is there actual auntie! Even friends who are probably closer to my kids than my sister

Reactions: 10
It's that she has queen betsy down on her phone as my favourite daughter 😡
Id put money on Betsy having done that herself.

My eldest changes her name on my phone to “my favourite daughter” all the time. The middle one then changes that to “my least favourite daughter” and changes her own name to “my favourite daughter” I literally never which one of them I’m phoning. I just dial one and hope for the best

My eldest is in my phone as favourite child. This week she is the favourite , If the youngest had a phone I’d block their number after today 🤣
I feel you! I spent most of the day yesterday telling my youngest not to hang upside down from the railing in the back garden Incase she fell and landed on her head

She tells me she’s not going to fall and land on her head, has a tantrum while upside down and of course falls and smacks her head on the step!

after spending the evening in a&e, they glued the gash on her head and are pretty sure she doesn’t have concussion 🙄🙄

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
R knows fine well how to change it but we all know B is actually her favourite daughter so she’s taken the opportunity to leave it like that 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Id put money on Betsy having done that herself.

My eldest changes her name on my phone to “my favourite daughter” all the time. The middle one then changes that to “my least favourite daughter” and changes her own name to “my favourite daughter” I literally never which one of them I’m phoning. I just dial one and hope for the best

I feel you! I spent most of the day yesterday telling my youngest not to hang upside down from the railing in the back garden Incase she fell and landed on her head

She tells me she’s not going to fall and land on her head, has a tantrum while upside down and of course falls and smacks her head on the step!

after spending the evening in a&e, they glued the gash on her head and are pretty sure she doesn’t have concussion 🙄🙄
Sorry you edited this after I had reacted to it, sorry not laughing at your little one hurting herself! Hope she feels better soon, my 5 year old did it the other week too, upset me more than her!

Reactions: 4
I'm actually glad shes been silent on her stories since picking betsy up.just goes to show she can actually spend time with them when they need her without a phone shoved in their face!

Reactions: 4
I'm actually glad shes been silent on her stories since picking betsy up.just goes to show she can actually spend time with them when they need her without a phone shoved in their face!
I’d say that’s more to get the huns worrying and messaging her because they’re so concerned about Betsy. She’s still getting the attention she so desperately craves that way.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Yeah, that will be a game...to get people worrying about Betsy :rolleyes:
I’d say that’s more to get the huns worrying and messaging her because they’re so concerned about Betsy. She’s still getting the attention she so desperately craves that way.
Totally agree, that's just an attention seeking game....get everyone asking about Betsy and telling her how lucky Betsy is and she'll be fine because she's got an amazing mum :rolleyes:

Probably so people message her asking her if she is fine and how Betsy is? and then today she can come on and explain everything sat in her bedroom with W hanging off her ... she probably isn’t actually spending time with any off them. Wouldn’t surprise me if she’s got Astrid round or she’s catching up on here!

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.