PTWM #27 Content dull, engagement low. No homeschool, it’s the Racheale sheet show!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks to @FridaK - your suggestion won by a mile!

I've had to edit it unfortunately for length and swears so I hope this is OK with the bosses and yourselves.

Previous threads here: PTWM

💙🤍💙🤍💙🤍💙

Reactions: 10
Thanks to @FridaK - your suggestion won by a mile!

I've had to edit it unfortunately for length and swears so I hope this is OK with the bosses and yourselves.

Previous threads here: PTWM

💙🤍💙🤍💙🤍💙
I’m awake for a change as well. I must of sub consciously known my time to shine was arriving 😁
Thanks y’all ✊

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I had a planned section for health reasons and my recovery wasnt straight forward...I had sepsis and was readmitted without my 9 day old baby to begin with and it triggered a massive deterioration in my mental health. However if anyone asks me about it, I explain it's a tougher recovery due to the limitations after (driving) and "being sliced in two" but that everyone is different. Just coz I had complications this time doesnt mean I will next time or that anyone else would.
Btw makes me so mad when people say too posh to push!!! It is not an easy option!
But it all fades away pretty quickly when you have a squidgey baby to hold!

Reactions: 12
Very sad I didn’t get thread title...champagne cork was about to be popped...chickens egging...tiktoks viraling...but now...wine box deflating...dogs farting...a little late to the party because I was having some fun time with my husband....wine flat....fml

• Haha
Reactions: 13
So after reading the latest needy woe is f'ing me post I'm surprised how their only just getting passwords, etc.! We've headed into week 4 of lockdown and the schools closed a week before that. We (mix of primary and secondary) got everything in the weeks running up. I've googled and learnt about trapezium and quadrilaterals amongst other things. I did this because my children needed it. Because my children are living through some of the strangest times they'll ever experience and I want them to come out of it remembering how to learn and to still be enthusiastic about it. Life skills are important I don't doubt that, they helped their Dad build a wardrobe yesterday. But education is important also and throwing the towel in after 4 days is an absolute joke!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Very sad I didn’t get thread title...champagne cork was about to be popped...chickens egging...tiktoks viraling...but now...wine box deflating...dogs farting...a little late to the party because I was having some fun time with my husband....wine flat....fml
We will collaborate next time, full team effort and then a zoom house party to celebrate. 🥳

Now, can we please discuss the barn ladies tribute to Rach. I’ve just cringed and eye rolled that hard I think I may have fractured my skull. However it was a genius way to collect some followers. Of course Rach’s fragile ego couldn’t resist reposting 😉 Happy Saturday btw

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
The thing is we are all finding it hard being at home trying to get the kids to do some form of work, I have tried to get my two 5 and 9 to try and keep doing something every day over half term, reading, writing, timestable practise just to keep it up over half term. Otherwise come monday when the new term starts they would not want to do anything if I had just left it for two weeks. Our school did say to just try and enjoy the break and not worry about work but for me I find that it helps us all have a bit of focused time. The difference is me and my friends don’t write essays about how hard it is, juggling work at home and keeping the school work going. She has a big family and yes that’s probably hard to juggle their different needs but she is the only person I have seen moan so much about it!! As always it’s way worse for her and she needs sympathy from her fans.

So after reading the latest needy woe is f'ing me post I'm surprised how their only just getting passwords, etc.! We've headed into week 4 of lockdown and the schools closed a week before that. We (mix of primary and secondary) got everything in the weeks running up. I've googled and learnt about trapezium and quadrilaterals amongst other things. I did this because my children needed it. Because my children are living through some of the strangest times they'll ever experience and I want them to come out of it remembering how to learn and to still be enthusiastic about it. Life skills are important I don't doubt that, they helped their Dad build a wardrobe yesterday. But education is important also and throwing the towel in after 4 days is an absolute joke!
to be fair to her with the logins, 2 of my kids still don’t have theirs. All they have is Sumdog (and only because they use it in school anyway) My year 6 daughter and high school son have their logins, they got them the day before schools shut, but my 2 younger kids (5&6) got a sketch book with a 28 day drawing challenge and a load of worksheets sent home with them and a letter about thier logins being text when they had a platform set up for the younger kids. School have gone from deciding to use twinkl, to glow and have now said they are setting up Microsoft teams for them. It’s meant to be ready on Monday

their teachers have been messaging, but the general attitude has been “read your book, play sumdog, do your worksheets and enjoy spending time with ur family” not helpful when they are bored stiff and missing routine. I’ve been printing things myself for them to do

Reactions: 5
The thing is we are all finding it hard being at home trying to get the kids to do some form of work, I have tried to get my two 5 and 9 to try and keep doing something every day over half term, reading, writing, timestable practise just to keep it up over half term. Otherwise come monday when the new term starts they would not want to do anything if I had just left it for two weeks. Our school did say to just try and enjoy the break and not worry about work but for me I find that it helps us all have a bit of focused time. The difference is me and my friends don’t write essays about how hard it is, juggling work at home and keeping the school work going. She has a big family and yes that’s probably hard to juggle their different needs but she is the only person I have seen moan so much about it!! As always it’s way worse for her and she needs sympathy from her fans.
Funny how it's so hard to find the time to spend with her children, but she can always manage to film herself breastfeeding, or talking to the camera and laughing manically at something that's not even funny.

Reactions: 17
I see Rach didn't make the top 20 mum list on mother and baby, I wonder why?

She is always banging about her patchwork family 😂

I can't even watch her stories anymore cause of her teeth :sick:

What's the load down on her atm- anything worth writing home about?

• Haha
She's gone from telling Betsy that all that matters is being kind and exams etc aren't the end of the world to having a meltdown on day 4 about home schooling her kids.

From when the schools first closed and she posted that long message about not stressing the kids out, they've got enough going on and if they don't learn it's ok. Just enjoy the time with your family, blah blah...to screaming at a screen because the password won't work.

I'll be totally honest, I'm not home schooling my son. He's 15, year 10, I couldn't home school him if I tried! His teachers are home schooling him. They are sending all of his work, they are at the end of an email, they are checking up and checking in on him every day. What I'm doing is trying to keep him motivated. Because I appreciate the fact he's anxious as duck about being out of formal education for 4 months (probably), in the year before his final GCSE exams. If I start having a meltdown because he can't do something and I can't either, his anxiety will go through the bleeping roof and his mental health is more important to me than that! So if he's stuck, he emails his teachers and I sit with him and encourage him to do his work. I would imagine most of the secondary schools are working the same way. I appreciate that it's different for primary school aged kids and the level of parental involvement with them is obviously much higher whilst their doing their school work!

I feel for Tallulah though if her story is true about yesterday. That kid apparently already has anxiety. She missed her last few weeks of year 6 and left primary with no proper closure. She's more than likely not going to get her induction days at secondary school that are so important to the transition stage. She's already going to a new school where she apparently knows no other child. And then her mother is screaming like a banshee and weeping because she can't get into a website? Come on...

Her problem isn't home schooling. It's that she's a lazy fucker who has suddenly been given some forced responsibility for keeping her kids occupied during the day and she can't hack it because it's not all about her for a change.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
What sort of stuff are you guys getting sent home for reception aged children?

I’ve had to get worksheets from the schools website but other than that, we’ve had nothing. I’ve emailed and heard nothing.

Our printer has packed up too which isn’t helping matters!

Reactions: 1
I’m actually quite shocked at how many teachers have commented on her post pretty much slagging off what they have been asked to do. You would think they would have some self awareness about what they are posting. I’ve had great communication from school and it’s all been straight forward. The fact is if kids are doing something educational for some portion of the day, they will be bored shitless and harder to handle. Primary schoolers aren’t being asked to join Mensa. Sit them down for a couple of hours, put a bit of effort in and it’s done. All high schools are on a system and it’s teacher led so I can’t see the issue. All you have to do is check up that they are following instructions properly.
People need to stop moaning and embrace it for a while. That said, I think if she had a different demographic, the reaction would have been a bit less enthusiastic for packing it in 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 16
What sort of stuff are you guys getting sent home for reception aged children?

I’ve had to get worksheets from the schools website but other than that, we’ve had nothing. I’ve emailed and heard nothing.

Our printer has packed up too which isn’t helping matters!
Not getting anything for my 4 year old. he brought some books home and alphabet and number practice work sheets, I bought some work books from the works. Daughters in year 2 and getting different work sheets every day to complete and 2 different apps where the teacher gives them different activities. Don't have a printer so she's mainly been copying them out in her work book and sending pics on the school app to show her teacher she's doing it or replying to emails with the answers.

Reactions: 2
The way Wilbert thrashes around while he’s being breastfed should tell you that he’s over it. He’s on three solid meals a day and should be able to hold a bottle himself with some assistance.

she must be shitting herself now that her baby isn’t depending on her to “keep him alive” it’s her with the obsession not him

• Wow
Reactions: 20
I’m actually quite shocked at how many teachers have commented on her post pretty much slagging off what they have been asked to do. You would think they would have some self awareness about what they are posting. I’ve had great communication from school and it’s all been straight forward. The fact is if kids are doing something educational for some portion of the day, they will be bored shitless and harder to handle. Primary schoolers aren’t being asked to join Mensa. Sit them down for a couple of hours, put a bit of effort in and it’s done. All high schools are on a system and it’s teacher led so I can’t see the issue. All you have to do is check up that they are following instructions properly.
People need to stop moaning and embrace it for a while. That said, I think if she had a different demographic, the reaction would have been a bit less enthusiastic for packing it in 🤔
It’s not that bloody hard. We are at the same school as them and their work is pretty straightforward. S is year 9, his work is all being done via class charts and he is old enough to just get on with it. T and I are close enough in age that their work will be pretty similar therefore they could support each other. My boy is year 6 like T and most of the work being set is stuff they have already covered throughout the year.
That just leaves E so surely Madam could get off her flat arse and supervise her! B could either help or go play with her phone or make up.

They are your kids Goofy, take some responsibility for their education, something you should be doing no matter what every day of the year not just now.

Reactions: 21
Did her 2 (3?) year old ‘nephew’ just say ‘I look like a bleeping lady’? And they’re proud of this, posting it on social media for everyone to see? Never thought I’d be speechless but there it is. Honestly the chavviest family in the universe. They’re all like inbreds.

• Sad
  • Wow
The way Wilbert thrashes around while he’s being breastfed should tell you that he’s over it. He’s on three solid meals a day and should be able to hold a bottle himself with some assistance.

she must be shitting herself now that her baby isn’t depending on her to “keep him alive” it’s her with the obsession not him
And I don’t think the obsession is with him, it’s with being the centre of attention and being able to tell Josh and the kids - “I can’t do that, I’m single-handedly keeping the baby alive!”

She doesn’t show half as much interest in feeding him actual food as she does in breastfeeding.

Reactions: 17
I thought this too, our school has said its not our job as parents to teach our kids, it's still their job, it's just up to us to make sure they are doing it. My son's teachers have gone above and beyond to help everyone. Even his cello teacher (he's in primary school so music isn't a major part of the curriculum) has made a point of emailing new music for him, which was completely unexpected as she'll have kids in high school who are doing this is part of their exams to worry about.

I'd have thought teachers would have more sense than to moan online about their job, even I have a social media etiquette section in my contract at work, so I imagine teachers would too 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.