Psychic readings... who’s had them? Thoughts?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I listened to a podcast the other day who had a lovely local girl on as a guest. She is a psychic, now I’m not normally into that sort of stuff but I like to keep an open mind.

What she was saying really fascinated me and I have contacted her for a reading.

I would love to hear others thoughts and experiences on this 😊

I paid once to have it done, then had a couple of people tell me things. I don't believe any of it, I think it's a scam to get vulnerable people's money.

Reactions: 7
I paid once to have it done, then had a couple of people tell me things. I don't believe any of it, I think it's a scam to get vulnerable people's money.
I always thought this too, never saw myself having a reading!

What did your reading say if you don’t mind me asking? Was it what you thought it would be?

Was a bunch of nonsense that did not have anything to do with me or my life. Wasted $60. Then a few people who claim to be "enlightened" told me a few things as well but they really had nothing to do with me at all.

She asked if I was married and had children before we even started. I told her no to both even though I was 8 weeks pregnant and married. She told me I would meet my future husband within the year and we would have children in the following year. So...

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
I’ve had a few readings in the past with a few different psychics but all have been very accurate to been very accurate

I think like any industry you get some that are genuine & some that aren’t.

Reactions: 2
I’ve had a few readings with some that were highly recommended and they’ve got pretty much nothing right. One my husband had been to before we met and she had given him some really specific things & he was impressed but I got nothing at all.

The only experience that does make me wonder is that I went to see one a few months after my dad died. She got quite a lot of information about him correct and she just went straight into it, she didn’t ask me any questions or even really talk to me. But I went with my mother in law who had seen her before and made the appointment and wondered if she might have given something away

But what really stood out was it was around Xmas that I saw her & just a few days before my husband & I had sat in our lounge & I said to him I wish they made Cadbury creme egg advent calendars. It was a passing comment and nothing I had said to anyone else. But the psychic said to me your were discussing Cadbury’s creme eggs the other day, your dad was listening’ and that just gives me the flicker of hope that there’s something after this. It was such a random thing to discuss creme eggs around Christmas time so if she guessed that it was a flipping good guess!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
I believe that some people have ‘the gift’ but there is a lot of con artists out there.
I had a reading at my house a year or two ago and he would stop mid sentence look at his shoulder like he was talking to someone and say “yeah I know I’ll tell her in a sec”
It really weirded me out and I felt it was just an act.

Reactions: 3
Absolutely this 👆🏼

I've had a lot of readings in the past (none particularly accurate and a couple that were a downright con) and then I watched Derren Brown on psychics. Made me do a complete 180.

Reactions: 4
I’ve had readings before-two very good
One (a family friend) was awful!
She told my mother that baby no3 would be my last-I had 3 more after him! (she did say ‘a baby is coming into our lives-and it would be the biggest shock-the next day I found I was 9 months pregnant-and gave birth stood up on the landing at home 6 days later) and that baby will look after her in her old age-he really won’t be-she’s in his life cos she’s his nana-he’s made it clear he won’t be nursing her now or later
That my brother is gay and would come out soon-he’s not
She said I’d meet a bloke ‘soon’
15 years on I did
She did get some info about my mother’s wedding ring right-only 3 people know she had 2 rings
And that id suddenly stop talking to my mother-any fool could see that coming!
As I say-the other two got it spot on but I don’t think I’d go again

I've had a couple of readings, one was wrong at everything she said and listening to other people in the room afterwards she had pretty much said the same thing to us all!

I went to see another one in a country pub out of town, less than 10 people turned up so she decided to do one to one readings rather than a group, I noticed some of the mediums team kept staring at me and talking which was making me really nervous, my best mate went to have her reading and left me in my own (I could of killed her!) And the lady who had been staring at me came over and said " I'm so sorry to do this but I have someone trying to come through to you, she doesn't like the medium, says she's too fancy but she wants you to know she's here" and proceeded to describe my great aunt perfectly and even used a family nickname that's not linked to a name and the work pokum which was my aunt's fav word for describing things!

Reactions: 2
I have been to them , I believe it should be for entertainment . The two i saw got some things bang on . One mentioned and named a work colleague i need to watch out for and she was correct on him . She also mentioned about a man i was dating who did something really bad . She told me his fancy car would break and two months later it did !

Reactions: 1
I've had two. One was absolute rubbish. She told me I'd soon find love and would marry within a couple of years (that would certainly have come as a surprise to my husband!), that I was an only child (nope) that I was very close to my maternal grandmother (she died when I was 2. I don't even remember her) that I had a large brown dog (small tabby cat) that I worked in retail (marketing) and I can't remember what other rubbish.

The other lady was a bit better. She said I was married (had left my rings off) and that my husband was older than me (he is) that my father-in-law was an absolute gentleman (100% true) that I had the same first initial as my brother and that a close family member was a police officer.
She got some stuff sort of right, muddled but it made sense afterwards. She said that one of my husband's work colleagues owned a horse that would cause trouble. This made no sense to my husband when I told him. He didn't know anyone he worked with that had a problematic horse. About 3 months later one of his colleagues was sacked for theft. He'd been stealing money from work because he had a gambling problem and was constantly betting on horses!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Paula obrien physcic medium is great, she does shows that ive attended a few times but the price of a private reading is beyond affordable shes great at what shes does but couldnt justify paying for the private reading

Sorry dont know if i was allowed to mention names delete if need to be

I had a psychic tell me my husband killed himsef because it was cheaper than divorcing me, now that reading was a waste of money

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
I’ve seen a few and going to be starting my own spiritual journey soon. Like people have said you can get the real deal or people who don’t have any gift. Most of my readings have been spot on I was warned about my dad gasing himself, they thought it was The cooker going as I had gas in the house, this was the only way we could make sense of the spirit talking about gas. Dad then gased himself the following weekend xx

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Paula obrien physcic medium is great, she does shows that ive attended a few times but the price of a private reading is beyond affordable shes great at what shes does but couldnt justify paying for the private reading

Sorry dont know if i was allowed to mention names delete if need to be
Ive seen her and she was fab, also jana (cant remember last name) she was spot on with everything

I've been to see a few over the years, some have been rubbish, and others have been spot on.

One lady I used to see described my ex partner down to a tee, and how I'd made the right decision to leave him. She used to advise you to bring a friend with you so that they could write down what was said; I kept the notes in the glove compartment of my car, which I'd left with my ex to sell and then send me the money as if moved abroad. He found the notes (I'd forgotten I'd left them in the car) and phoned me up demanding to know who'd been describing him.

A couple of weeks before I met my now husband, I was back in the UK on holiday and went to see her again; she told me that I would very shortly meet the man I was going to marry, going on to describe him, and that he would be quite a bit younger than me - I told her that wasn't going to happen. Two weeks later I met him, knew straight away that I'd end up marrying him even tho he is 10 years younger than me.

Five years ago my daughter and I went to a local social club that had a psychic evening with a medium in the function room. We thought he was rubbish, but stayed for the evening anyway. We were sat with a woman who told us her teenage daughter had died from choking on sausage rolls that she was binging on, and how she hoped she would get a message from her. Right at the end of the evening, the medium proceeded to give her a message from the daughter, and described exactly how, and where she'd died. It was quite weird as he wasn't local, so wouldn't have known her.

Reactions: 3
I've gone to a few in the past, maybe 4. They weren't really memorable tbh. They didn't really say anything specific to me personally.

A couple of my friends are really into that. Will book to see a person a year in advance. The woman told them that their mum would get better from cancer. She didn’t. She died soon after. Another one told another friend that they would have a baby soon. Four years later they’re still trying.