Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Personally I’d cut it back and dump the branches in her garden to dispose of 😐
I can relate to this problem so much 🤣🤣 and I didn’t question myself 😆

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6

non binary coat

Chatty Member
I've finally been getting around to my garden and cutting everything back.

Queue an irate neighbour knocking on my door saying I shouldn't touch her tree without asking once she got home. Ignoring that I did ask the other year out of courtesy is it OK to cut the overhanging ones and did he want the branches back. That was a once only question for me, I'm not going to ask every time to do what I'm legally allowed to do.

It's huge and just cutting back what overhangs my garden. Online it says it's fine to cut back some branches in the summer.

She's saying she will do it in a couple of months and has been busy for the last few years. Is she being a checky cow by moaning at me for doing it? If she had of taken care of it I wouldn't have needed to, I've got time now and I'm doing it now quite frankly

Reactions: 2

GiggleBee

VIP Member
Our neighbours used to cut our tree back and we didn't care.
The issue came though when the roots came through and ruined their garden and we had to get rid of the whole tree. mum and I were so grateful as we hated it but my dad was fuming (not that he let anyone know!)

SavetheDrama

VIP Member
She's been busy the last few years. Honey who hasn't - just be a proper neighbour!
I say who cares what she says or thinks especially since you're moving!

Leita

Chatty Member
ive had a similar situation and legally you can cut what’s overhanging off provides you offer the branches back as it’s their property. The only thing I would say is make sure it’s the right time of year to cut the tree back. If it does it could cause problems.

Reactions: 1

non binary coat

Chatty Member
I'm going to keep the branches for firewood, but during all her rant she asked me to stop and I never said I would. My house is going up for sale and they need to be gone this week and she can get fucked if she thinks I'm gonna wait a few months if she's nowt done anything in years! Although it's mostly done now.

Cheeky little cow, she's really riled me up. But didn't tell her exactly what I think just to reduce friction while I get ready to move.

Mustard

VIP Member
You don’t want to get in a ruck with her or you will have to put it in the seller information form.

Last edited:

non binary coat

Chatty Member
You don’t want to get in a ruck with her or you will have to put it in the seller information firm.
That's the only thing stopping me from saying what I really think to her. In reality unless it's something major it doesn't matter the chance of getting sued is next to zero. But it needs to be done as it puts some people off.