Princess Diana

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Cheryl Cole took out the injunction years later (2011?) - but I think what happened in the interim is the phone hacking scandal by the media, which meant celebrities were more likely to be granted an injunction against press intrusion. See also Elton John, amongst others. Prior to that though, it wasn’t really an option.
Yes, that is a very true factor because in the 90s and early 2000s, the media tabloid and paparazzi was like the Wild West they could basically get away with whatever they wanted, and they were telephone hacking on a industrial scale things are very different now laws are more stringent of what the tabloid press can get away with poast the leverson enquiry . I actually forgot about that factor.

Reactions: 2
At the time none of that about Andrew was in the public domain
The things going on in Diana’s life was her relationship with dodi Al fayed and her work with land mines
I don’t believe the theory of she knew to much that’s why she had to be killed because she knew everything about that family from the moment she married Charles so why would they want to kill her because she knew to much when she had known everything for years and nothing happened
What was the sudden need to kill her because she knew to much
---
I’ve just been watching the current season of the crown, and if that is anything to go off of Dodi Al-Fayed security detail was completely overwhelmed, and not suitable to look after someone of Diana Princess of Wales status they were completely out of their depth.
What I have never understood is why she wasn’t given permanent ongoing close protection from Royal protection officers and Scotland Yard given her status and how much attention she received from the public and media also the fact that’s she was the future kings mother.
---
Also, why wasn’t she able to apply to the High Court for a injunction against the paparazzi that way, I would’ve only been able to take photographs of her while she was on a public duty not in her private life. I seems to remember Cheryl Cole having done the same because of press attention at the peak of her career and fame If she was able to obtain one why wasn’t Diana, Diana’s fame was of the scale compared to Cheryl’s.
---
I seem to remember a few months before she passed away she went to Tony Blair and pleaded with him to tell the media and paparazzi to ease off her, An his reply was that “sorry I can’t do that Rupert Murdoch is backing my government” just absolutely shocking
Diana WAS offered police protection but she refused it because she was paranoid that they’d spy on her and report back. I think Martin Bashir helped perpetuate her paranoia regarding that.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
At the time none of that about Andrew was in the public domain
The things going on in Diana’s life was her relationship with dodi Al fayed and her work with land mines
I don’t believe the theory of she knew to much that’s why she had to be killed because she knew everything about that family from the moment she married Charles so why would they want to kill her because she knew to much when she had known everything for years and nothing happened
What was the sudden need to kill her because she knew to much
---
I’ve just been watching the current season of the crown, and if that is anything to go off of Dodi Al-Fayed security detail was completely overwhelmed, and not suitable to look after someone of Diana Princess of Wales status they were completely out of their depth.
What I have never understood is why she wasn’t given permanent ongoing close protection from Royal protection officers and Scotland Yard given her status and how much attention she received from the public and media also the fact that’s she was the future kings mother.
---
Also, why wasn’t she able to apply to the High Court for a injunction against the paparazzi that way, I would’ve only been able to take photographs of her while she was on a public duty not in her private life. I seems to remember Cheryl Cole having done the same because of press attention at the peak of her career and fame If she was able to obtain one why wasn’t Diana, Diana’s fame was of the scale compared to Cheryl’s.
---
I seem to remember a few months before she passed away she went to Tony Blair and pleaded with him to tell the media and paparazzi to ease off her, An his reply was that “sorry I can’t do that Rupert Murdoch is backing my government” just absolutely shocking
Diana WAS offered police protection but she refused it because she was paranoid that they’d spy on her and report back. I think Martin Bashir helped perpetuate her paranoia regarding that.
Yes, she turned it down and they had numerous meetings with her to try to get her to reconsider.

Condon had earlier said he had been extremely concerned at Diana's decision to refuse Royal Protection officers in December 1993 and that officers had held numerous meetings in the next month with her to try to change her mind.​
After one "critical" meeting he attended in mid-December, Condon said he had been involved in a serious accident that kept him from talking in person with the princess about the matter again.​
"I have often thought back, if that had not been the sequence of events I might have demanded face-to-face meetings with her. But I honestly don't think it would have changed her mind," he told the high court.​
After her refusal to use police protection, officers only accompanied Diana when she travelled with Prince William and Prince Harry.​
In October 1994 Diana asked a deputy assistant commissioner in charge of royal protection whether there was a device in her car or if her phone calls were being monitored, suggesting police were involved, the inquest heard.​
Mansfield asked Condon if he thought Diana did not trust the police.​
"Clearly she had decided in her own mind, sadly, that the police, if they were on anyone's side, were not on her side," said Condon.​
"That was wrong but I think it was a view that I think I would have found it very hard to change her mind about."​

• Sad
Reactions: 3