Primark jeans - high street sizing discussion/reviews

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Everything in primark is at least 2 sizes smaller. No I'm not in denial 😂 I bought a pair of jeans in there once and couldn't get them past my knees. I double checked the size and compared them to my new look ones and there was a definite difference!

Their sizing is hit or miss. H&M recently changed its sizing and now you can actually rely on buying the right size and it fitting (who’d have thought it).

Reactions: 1
I'm obsessed with there £4.50 Jeggings. They fit me brilliantly! :)
Yes I love them they fit me just right and the cut is perfect for me. The only other jeggings I've had that fit me perfectly like that are the dorothy perkins ones

Yes I love them they fit me just right and the cut is perfect for me. The only other jeggings I've had that fit me perfectly like that are the dorothy perkins ones
That's good to know. I've been getting the Sainsbury's ones and they're comfy but the fit is awful! 🙈

I don't mind their jeggings. Always find Sainsbos fine too. Best mega cheap ones are Pep and Co in Poundland. Seven quid I think. In the dark blue anyways. The black wash out but I find all black jeans wash out.

Everything in primark is at least 2 sizes smaller. No I'm not in denial 😂 I bought a pair of jeans in there once and couldn't get them past my knees. I double checked the size and compared them to my new look ones and there was a definite difference!
I find different colours of jeans are different sizes i have black, green and blue and all different sizes it drives me potty.

I don't really buy from Primark anymore (apart from pyjamas), but my biggest issue was they're one of the worst for putting stuff on the wrong hangers and putting the wrong size card tags on. I used to pick up stuff thinking its the right size based on either of those, get home and the size on the label would be completely different. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 2
High street sizing in general makes me despair, I’ve slimmed down from a 20 to a 12-14 depending on the shop! In Primark I’m a size 14 but in Primark dresses I’m an 18, in new look I fit a 16, in H&M a 14 is too big but a 12 is (just!) too tight. It annoys me so much!

To answer though yes I think Primark always runs small but I love their jeans personally, their t-shirts are nice and pyjamas wash well but socks/knickers/bras are hit or miss and always get eaten by the washing machine - also I bought some Primark socks once and the plastic tag didn’t come off entirely and was somehow sewn into the sock and embedded itself into my foot! So I don’t trust them haha

Primark sizing is appalling.

If you have boobs/hips/bum you literally have to buy the biggest size you can find in there!

I’m 5’9 and a size 14 in most high street shops - big boobs/wide hips. I usually have to buy a lin XL or size 20 in Primark just to get it to fit!
A lot of their tops come up really short and the jeans never fit me in the leg, always too short.

I don't really buy from Primark anymore (apart from pyjamas), but my biggest issue was they're one of the worst for putting stuff on the wrong hangers and putting the wrong size card tags on. I used to pick up stuff thinking its the right size based on either of those, get home and the size on the label would be completely different. :rolleyes:
After they reviewed the sizes, I picked up a top that said M 10-12, then next to it the exact same top M 12-14, both hangers and tags! Staff couldn’t explain which was the right M other than all the sizes had changed. Infuriating.

I’m a 6 or a 16 in Primark. No in between.
I’ve stopped shopping at most high street chains now anyway as I just don’t find anything I like but I really question their sizing far too often. (Mostly because my cousin thought she was fat as she didn’t fit into size 8 shorts that always fit her before!)

It can be so depressing and confusing. I once got a skirt in the Zara sale - small. I went back a couple of years later coincidentally wearing the same skirt and tried on another in the sale. Didn't fit. I went through every size and the only one that fitted was labelled extra large. I measured my own Zara skirt against it and it was the same size. No idea what was going on there.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 2