Pregnancy symptoms

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
**Trigger warning for anyone TTC*

Hi all
I am 7 weeks pregnant and feel sick pretty much all the time unless I eat. Once I have eaten I feel OK again. Its like even being a tiny bit hungry makes me feel sick so I am eating biscuits at 11pm even when I don't really want to but that's all I can stomach right now. In past pregnancies I used to nibble on biscuits in the morning to stave off this feeling but with this pregnancy I feel like Im having to eat all day long!!! Anyone else? Is this 'normal'?

Pretty normal. I had nausea bad with all three of mine and it was worse if my blood sugar got low. I had to snack all day.

However if it is to the point you are not keeping anything down please see your gp

Reactions: 1
I had sickness really badly with my first 2, my second there was nothing I could do but with my first I’d have to be eating around the clock to feel slightly more normal. Just always have snacks handy!

Hi, I am 8 weeks pregnant and in the same boat. This is my 4th baby and no1&2 I had very mild sickness. No3 and I was nauseous all day from 5-28 weeks.

This time it started at 4 weeks. Snacking helps a bit, but really for me the only thing that stops it is being asleep. It isn’t normal to be feeling nauseous all day. That is a more extreme version of “morning” sickness.

I phoned my dr yesterday and asked for cyclezine, which I had with my third. It’s an anti nausea medication. I should say first off it isn’t regulated for use in pregnancy, and if you get it they’ll tell you that. But it is used for pregnant people and it can help. Unfortunately I’ve felt awful again today despite taking it 😖

If you don’t feel you can take any more (I certainly can’t) then phone and ask for medication. With my third I waited until 13 weeks and the dr told me I never should have waited so long. So I didn’t this time. I’m having trouble eating and drinking in my normal routine which is enough for them to say that this is more serious.

Good luck, I hope it fades for you ASAP.

Just to add, you don’t have to be throwing up for them to take it seriously. I haven’t thrown up at all in this or my last pregnancy but they gave me medication anyway. Vomiting is not the only type of morning sickness, and my dr described my constant nausea as hyperemesis last time.

Hi, I am 8 weeks pregnant and in the same boat. This is my 4th baby and no1&2 I had very mild sickness. No3 and I was nauseous all day from 5-28 weeks.

This time it started at 4 weeks. Snacking helps a bit, but really for me the only thing that stops it is being asleep. It isn’t normal to be feeling nauseous all day. That is a more extreme version of “morning” sickness.

I phoned my dr yesterday and asked for cyclezine, which I had with my third. It’s an anti nausea medication. I should say first off it isn’t regulated for use in pregnancy, and if you get it they’ll tell you that. But it is used for pregnant people and it can help. Unfortunately I’ve felt awful again today despite taking it 😖

If you don’t feel you can take any more (I certainly can’t) then phone and ask for medication. With my third I waited until 13 weeks and the dr told me I never should have waited so long. So I didn’t this time. I’m having trouble eating and drinking in my normal routine which is enough for them to say that this is more serious.

Good luck, I hope it fades for you ASAP.

Just to add, you don’t have to be throwing up for them to take it seriously. I haven’t thrown up at all in this or my last pregnancy but they gave me medication anyway. Vomiting is not the only type of morning sickness, and my dr described my constant nausea as hyperemesis last time.
Oh god I hope it eases for you soon! With my 1st I was sick constantly from 6 weeks till about 14 weeks. But this time round I do feel very sick but find that if I eat constantly then I feel OK. Its so odd. I don't really want to be snacking all day long. First World problems hey! Thanks for everyone's replies x

I was like this with my son, I used to walk around with salt and finger crisps in my bag as they were the only thing that settled it for me along with malted milk biscuits! It finally settled at 17 weeks. Good luck and congratulations! Xx

Congratulations!
Both my pregnancies were like that, as above I managed the get cyclezine in my second pregnancy, which eased it slightly. But I constantly had lucozade pink lemonade and biscuits in my bag!

Congratulations! I had nausea with my second up until 14 weeks, it was awful. I hadn't told my work either so I was at my desk all week feeling rotten.
Crispy things used to help me. Cracker bread, crisps, bread sticks. Salt and vinegar crisps were always good too.

I feel for you, its really uncomfortable. Seek some help if it becomes too much x

Thanks everyone. I think it's manageable right now but it's so good know that I'm it the only one who needs to nibble on biscuits and Crisps all day long!!!

Congratulations! I was like that till I was around 16 weeks. Everyone told me i was having a girl but I had a boy 😂 ginger biscuits and rich tea biscuits helped me!! Xx

Reactions: 2
I'm 13 weeks and exactly the same. I had the same with my first pregnancy too. Get stuck between feeling sick so I don't want to eat but knowing if I force myself to eat, it will get rid of it 😂 Just having to eat constantly.
Haven't been sick a single time though, wasn't the first time either.

Reactions: 2
I'm 13 weeks and exactly the same. I had the same with my first pregnancy too. Get stuck between feeling sick so I don't want to eat but knowing if I force myself to eat, it will get rid of it 😂 Just having to eat constantly.
Haven't been sick a single time though, wasn't the first time either.
Yep that's exactly what I'm like at the minute. I've just forced a sandwich and hope to feel better in a bit.