Pregnancy #9 we love carbs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Found out today that my office are going to start getting people back in from June. Having not had the vaccine and obviously being pregnant, I’m hoping I have some grounds to put it off as long as possible. I don’t want to go back anyway let alone at 7 months pregnant 😩
Are they giving you a choice as to whether you’ll go back in or not? It baffles me that after the last year we’ve had that employers are forcing people back into offices. I know WFH guidance has ended but surely the majority of companies will give people some degree of flexibility until they’ve had the vaccine at least.

How are all of you in England feeling about the restrictions being lifted? I was feeling quite positive until the news on the Indian variant this week. Am supposed to be going to a friend’s hen party this weekend (3 hours away, will have to get 3 separate trains and sharing an Airbnb with 5 others) and I’m feeling a more than a bit sceptical about whether it’s a good idea to go...

Reactions: 1
Has anybody availed of the covid vaccine while pregnant? Just wondering as it’s been offered but I’m totally on the fence🤷‍♀️

Anyone else having mild heart palpitations? Around once every hour or two and lasts literally a second. I thought it was a bit of anxiety at first as it’s kind of top centre of my chest / bottom of my throat at times, but I’m pretty sure it’s not now. I’ve checked with my doctor and she said it’s totally normal and a result of increased blood flow and to just let her know if anything gets worse or lasts longer. Google concurs but it’s really an unpleasant feeling and I’m sure is making me feel worse by making me worry!
Yeah I had these early on too! I mentioned it to the midwife and she was not bothered 🤷‍♀️ They have stopped for me now (am 25 + 5)

Anyone else having mild heart palpitations? Around once every hour or two and lasts literally a second. I thought it was a bit of anxiety at first as it’s kind of top centre of my chest / bottom of my throat at times, but I’m pretty sure it’s not now. I’ve checked with my doctor and she said it’s totally normal and a result of increased blood flow and to just let her know if anything gets worse or lasts longer. Google concurs but it’s really an unpleasant feeling and I’m sure is making me feel worse by making me worry!
Yep I remember having this maybe 9-13 weeks along I think. My heart would beat really hard like I was nervous for a short time. Totally normal apparently.

Reactions: 2
Are they giving you a choice as to whether you’ll go back in or not? It baffles me that after the last year we’ve had that employers are forcing people back into offices. I know WFH guidance has ended but surely the majority of companies will give people some degree of flexibility until they’ve had the vaccine at least.

How are all of you in England feeling about the restrictions being lifted? I was feeling quite positive until the news on the Indian variant this week. Am supposed to be going to a friend’s hen party this weekend (3 hours away, will have to get 3 separate trains and sharing an Airbnb with 5 others) and I’m feeling a more than a bit sceptical about whether it’s a good idea to go...
Nothing has been confirmed yet so I don’t know what the plans will be for definite, but my manager told me he can’t guarantee that I will be excluded from returning to the office. I don’t think anyone will go back full time (I work for a big company so there’s a lot of people) but even if it is 2/3 days a week, that still feels like an unnecessary risk when I can do my job from home. I’m hoping it doesn’t come to it but I’m willing to argue it if I have to, it doesn’t seem fair. I’m going on mat leave at the start of September anyway!

I know what you mean about restrictions lifting. It’s nice to know that things are starting to go back to normal but it’s still worrying because the virus is still around.

Yeah I had these early on too! I mentioned it to the midwife and she was not bothered 🤷‍♀️ They have stopped for me now (am 25 + 5)
Yep I remember having this maybe 9-13 weeks along I think. My heart would beat really hard like I was nervous for a short time. Totally normal apparently.
Thanks! Yes that’s exactly what it feels like, I thought it was anxiety at first but it’s not. I keep doing some slow deep breathing but it doesn’t seem to have any impact so I guess I just wait and hope it passes soon; at least it’s nothing to officially worry about!

This was one of my anemia symptoms! Have you had an iron check recently?

Yes my iron levels were on the higher side, my doctor actually mentioned that. I’ve got a 16 week appointment so if I’m still feeling them a lot I’ll get her to check again. Thanks!

Was about to say exactly the same. I have had iron deficiency anaemia for a while and suffer with palpitations a lot. Deffos mention it at your next appointment

I’ve worked throughout as normal so only thing that affects me now is the tube is getting busy again, I’ve finally ordered a baby on board badge 😂 so hopefully that will arrive soon and I can get a seat again!

Has anybody availed of the covid vaccine while pregnant? Just wondering as it’s been offered but I’m totally on the fence🤷‍♀️
If you read through this thread from there start there is quite a lot of chat about the vaccine and people who have had it have mentioned it in here.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.