Pregnancy #56

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is the glucose tolerance test a routine thing that we all have to have?
Thank goodness for all of you ladies as I'd be absolutely bloody clueless and blindsided all the time otherwise!
Mines due to BMI - I was told at the booking appointment that I’d be having one !

Reactions: 1
Is the glucose tolerance test a routine thing that we all have to have?
Thank goodness for all of you ladies as I'd be absolutely bloody clueless and blindsided all the time otherwise!
I had to get it last time because every time my urine tests came back with sugar. I’d have a bowl of cereal with oat milk before my appointments, didn’t realise how much sugar was in oat milk! Had to do the test, I felt so ill after it they had to get me a bed to lie down but it was all negative and I was fine afterwards.

I had to have one because my mum is diabetic, I had no other risk factors. I was allowed to do finger prick testing that time because of HG. I had to have a second because I had sugar in my wee (last time I have apple juice before an appt!) and they made me have the drink that time. Both times I was fine and didn’t have GD.

Complete detail so very sorry, but yikes pregnancy constipation is no joke is it. Ouch.
Get some lactulose or laxido from your GP or the chemist 😊

Ladies who have had elective C sections before: Is the blood test you have to have a couple of days before a fasting or non-fasting blood test? It doesn’t say in my letter so assuming I can eat before but not 100% sure, and the lady booking it for me at the hospital didn’t know either!

If it’s not insomnia or pain/discomfort keeping me awake, it’s bloody heartburn 🥴 gahhhh

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Complete detail so very sorry, but yikes pregnancy constipation is no joke is it. Ouch.
Omg tell me about it I’m suffering bad! Does anyone have any tips?
I never thought I’d be asking for tips about how to go to the loo online but pregnancy has made me lose all sense of dignity 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Definitely lactulose or laxido from your GP! I was prescribed some in 2nd trimester but my bowels seem back to normal now I’m in my 3rd

- - -

What smells can you not stand? I’ve been drinking fruit & barley summer fruits but usually I get the Asda own, I bought the Robinson’s one and the smell is knocking me sick 🤢 Everytime I have a swig I’m borking 😂 I’m finding it such a weird smell to not like, my first pregnancy it was cat food that sent me 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Definitely lactulose or laxido from your GP! I was prescribed some in 2nd trimester but my bowels seem back to normal now I’m in my 3rd

- - -

What smells can you not stand? I’ve been drinking fruit & barley summer fruits but usually I get the Asda own, I bought the Robinson’s one and the smell is knocking me sick 🤢 Everytime I have a swig I’m borking 😂 I’m finding it such a weird smell to not like, my first pregnancy it was cat food that sent me 🤣
Smells have got me! I can’t stand soup (any), garlic, onion, leek, and chicken!

- - -

when I was in the height of my sickness, the smell of cucumber and pepper made me fully vom. If my husband was in the kitchen cutting it for our toddler (her fav veg!) I’d be able to smell it from two rooms away 🤣 basically any food or the smell of the oven on killed me off.

now I am fully obsessed and craving “nice smells”. I have to wash my hands and face with a particular soap constantly 🤣 I crave to clean with particular cleaning products and have to carry a tissue with tea tree oil around with me because I love the smell of it so much 😂 I even went into our garage the other day to open a bottle white spirit because I was desperate to sniff it 👀 (from a distance, don’t worry guys. I assure you all there is no full on solvent abuse going on. I am crazy, but not completely stupid 🤣)

• Haha
Reactions: 6
What smells can you not stand?
Raw chicken or any slow cooked food.
But also, people. Some people it’s like I can smell their hair. It’s vile. It’s not stinky, bad selling people it’s just like a warm hair, body & clothes smell when they get close 🤢
Last time it was my own shampoo.

Reactions: 2
when I was in the height of my sickness, the smell of cucumber and pepper made me fully vom. If my husband was in the kitchen cutting it for our toddler (her fav veg!) I’d be able to smell it from two rooms away 🤣 basically any food or the smell of the oven on killed me off.

now I am fully obsessed and craving “nice smells”. I have to wash my hands and face with a particular soap constantly 🤣 I crave to clean with particular cleaning products and have to carry a tissue with tea tree oil around with me because I love the smell of it so much 😂 I even went into our garage the other day to open a bottle white spirit because I was desperate to sniff it 👀 (from a distance, don’t worry guys. I assure you all there is no full on solvent abuse going on. I am crazy, but not completely stupid 🤣)
Omg I’m obsessed with the smell of strawberry jaffa cakes 🤣 So random! I bought a pack for the biscuit tin the other day and I keep opening it to have a smell, not even eating any 😂😂 Why does being pregnant make you act so weird!!

Also on my list of bad smells - my MIL’s perfume. It’s so pungent and strong 🤢 whenever I go round and she’s sprayed it I feel like I’m gonna vomit

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I haven’t had this too bad (no gagging or sickness, just underlying nausea) but certain smells make me have to leave the room, like my husband bleached the downstairs loo and I had to open 950 windows as the smell was so strong. Also definitely gone off the smell and texture of meat, which is saying a lot as I’m a total carnivore.

I’m feeling horrific today, 4am wake up with a migraine style headache + my usual nausea. Hit the 11 week mark so hoping things subside soon?!
---
I never thought I’d be asking for tips about how to go to the loo online but pregnancy has made me lose all sense of dignity 😂
I’ve tried various things in the past but have found the best thing is two senna tablets before bed, the chemical based laxatives just give you diahorrea 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart

- - -

Coffee 🤢 like the proper roasted bean coffee you smell in coffee shops. I can manage the instant stuff but usually I’m such a coffee snob but can’t stand the smell of the good stuff! And then bin smells, usually disgust me anyway but this time around they’re really affecting me especially if there’s food in it it has to be emptied straight away. Our black bin is absolutely teaming with bags 😂

I'm really gutted I've not had any proper proper cravings where it's like I need it NOW although my bf says he's happy about that as it's saved his wallet and saved him taking trips out to the shop for me 😂

I can't stand the smell of fried eggs though. I feel like even once the frying pan has been washed up the smell lingers and it's disgusting!

I'm really gutted I've not had any proper proper cravings where it's like I need it NOW although my bf says he's happy about that as it's saved his wallet and saved him taking trips out to the shop for me 😂

I can't stand the smell of fried eggs though. I feel like even once the frying pan has been washed up the smell lingers and it's disgusting!
I’m the same. I really wanted a random craving as well!

• Heart
I've found the sainsburys apple and pear juice or prune juice are great.

• Heart

The fried egg smell gets me also 🤢

• Sad
I’m not too bad with smells now but for good couple of months I couldn’t stand the smell of Mr R 🙈 he’s clean and everything, and he swapped his deodorant and aftershave etc to see if that helped but it must have been something coming out of his skin 😂 he’s back to smelling good now though.

I also haven’t had any real cravings. I sometimes fancy the odd thing and get that, but I’ve never had the omg I have to have that right now. The only consistent thing I’ve fancied the whole way through is jacket potato. TikTok’s fault. If my HG & travel sickness hadn’t been so bad I’d probably have gone to visit Spudbros or Spudman 😂

Does anyone have any foods that their body just can’t seem to digest anymore? From day 1 I haven’t been able to keep down beef or mushrooms. Burgers is the worst, no matter what kind of beef burger I have I’ll be sick almost straight after. Sometimes it will sit there for 12+ hours making me feel horrendous and I’ll still eventually vom the whole thing up 🤢 I’ve stopped eating them now obviously. I try mushrooms every now and then but they still come back up too. It’s annoying because I’ve always loved a good burger and have mushrooms in or with everything. Hoping they go away after birth 😅

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
There are smells I used to love that now knock me sick. One of my OH's aftershaves that I love now just smells like aerosol deodorant to me, which makes me want to vom and gives me a headache. Same with a room spray I treated myself to last year, can't stand it now, makes me sick and dizzy.

On cravings, I'm starting to think they're a myth. Everyone I speak to about them never had them. I'm also gutted about this!

The one and only thing I’ve craved in this pregnancy and my first pregnancy was chicken tikka masala! Both times were just the once, I got the most overwhelming urge to eat a curry and I don’t even really like curry much! So we ordered an Indian both times 🤣 and I’ve never craved it since, which doesn’t say much about the curry - it was nice like but obviously didn’t leave much of a lasting effect 😂

In my first pregnancy I consistently wanted and ate chocolate digestives, to the point I was convinced he was going to come out covered in chocolate and I’d want to dunk him in my brew

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.