Pregnancy #40 we're here for advice so just be nice!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi guys, I've just found out at the weekend I'm expecting number two ❤ just wondering what pregnancy apps everyone recommends? I'm in the UK. It's been a while since I had my first and I'm not joking when I say it feels like I'm starting from scratch lol. Hope you're all keeping well and I'm so glad to have found this thread x
Congratulations 🥳 I find Ovia Pregnancy app really useful. It provides daily updates, good tips and it’s really cool to have 4 options of size comparisons on the weekly growth update :) x

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Hi guys, I've just found out at the weekend I'm expecting number two ❤ just wondering what pregnancy apps everyone recommends? I'm in the UK. It's been a while since I had my first and I'm not joking when I say it feels like I'm starting from scratch lol. Hope you're all keeping well and I'm so glad to have found this thread x
This is the one I've always used 😊

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 1
My NIPT results came back all good. That wait was tough. But so relieved. Cried my eyes out. Dating scan next week and then it'll be real.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I’m 11 weeks today, it’s starting to feel more real now! Dating scan is booked in for a couple of weeks from now and I’m just trying to distract myself as much as possible. Wish I could afford a couple more private scans but I can’t justify it at the moment. Hope everyone’s doing well 💙💗

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Had such a rough night last night, me and mr lemonade had a blazing row… I’m really concerned about him and his mental well being, he doesn’t really talk much about he feels but he is the first person to make sure I’m okay etc especially with all my sickness but it all came to a head last night, he feels totally out of control, doesn’t know how to cope with the pressure of being a dad, our money situation, just preparing for baby. It’s really hit me that I’ve not even thought about him since we found out or asked if he’s okay and what’s he must be thinking… now I feel totally selfish and self centred… not sure why I’m posting this but has anyone else had this with their partner?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Had such a rough night last night, me and mr lemonade had a blazing row… I’m really concerned about him and his mental well being, he doesn’t really talk much about he feels but he is the first person to make sure I’m okay etc especially with all my sickness but it all came to a head last night, he feels totally out of control, doesn’t know how to cope with the pressure of being a dad, our money situation, just preparing for baby. It’s really hit me that I’ve not even thought about him since we found out or asked if he’s okay and what’s he must be thinking… now I feel totally selfish and self centred… not sure why I’m posting this but has anyone else had this with their partner?
Hey there! Yes I can totally relate - me and my husband have had countless arguments since the start of my pregnancy and I also had the same realisation as you, that I was being selfish and just because I was pregnant, it was suddenly all about me, my needs and my physical/mental health. I expected him to centre everything around me and I had to take a long hard look at myself and change my ways. As cliche as it may sound, I honestly think the best way to overcome this is lots of communication and self reflection - this in itself will make your relationship way more stronger. I can hand on heart say that we are in the strongest place we’ve ever been in since 2 years of marriage and I appreciate everything he does for me. (this is along with having a full time job with long hours) we still do have arguments, but they tend to be tiny little tiffs and we get over them after 5 minutes 😂 no relationship is perfect after all and it would be weird if you didn’t argue at all! I also now try and ask my husband how his day is, how he feels, and try and schedule in a chat every night before we go to bed to make sure he’s going to sleep with a clear mind and alleviates any stressful things he is thinking about. Men appreciate this more than we think because it truly shows we care about their feelings and acknowledge that they’re human.

You could also maybe try some counselling regarding fears about parenting? I know that the parenting thing is completely natural, and as many lovely ladies on this thread have said, it comes naturally once baby is here (I imagine for both Mum and Dad!)

Sorry if this was not of much help, but I just thought I’d share my experiences with you and hopefully you’ll be over the worst of this soon. I do think it’s a very normal part of the journey as uncertainty and fear can often manifest themselves in this way and cause arguments amongst you both, but it’s normal and speaking about it all is always better than bottling it up. Best of luck to you 💞

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Just had 20 week scan, all looking good! Such a relief once all the checks and measurements have been done ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Feeling absolutely wiped today- no energy, hips and back niggling at me and quite teary/overly emotional. I definitely miss the energy levels I had pre-pregnancy!

Reactions: 5
Is it to early for baby to be up in my ribs? Keep getting muscle pain on the right side and I can feel kicks just below! 25 weeks

Feeling super frustrated with the level of swelling I have 😑 I appreciate the hospital want to monitor me but the wait times for the simplest of thing is crap. I was in triage the other night for 4 hours and today I sat for an hour before a midwife realised they didn’t know I was there so I spent 3 hours in day care to get my urine and BP checked and couldn’t even see a doctor as I couldn’t extend my parking anymore (left the hospital at 2pm and still waiting for a doctor to call me) 🤯 Thankfully I’m still all clear for pre eclampsia which is the main thing but I’m struggling so much with mobility & breathing (my neck being swollen feels like it’s choking me). I don’t look like myself, I can’t even get my feet in crocs 😫 Apparently I’m just really really unlucky. Really need to reframe my mentally but the 7-ish week countdown to meet my little baby is on! Gutted I’m wishing this finally stretch away 😰 anyway, moan over - sorry for such negativity!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Hey there! Yes I can totally relate - me and my husband have had countless arguments since the start of my pregnancy and I also had the same realisation as you, that I was being selfish and just because I was pregnant, it was suddenly all about me, my needs and my physical/mental health. I expected him to centre everything around me and I had to take a long hard look at myself and change my ways. As cliche as it may sound, I honestly think the best way to overcome this is lots of communication and self reflection - this in itself will make your relationship way more stronger. I can hand on heart say that we are in the strongest place we’ve ever been in since 2 years of marriage and I appreciate everything he does for me. (this is along with having a full time job with long hours) we still do have arguments, but they tend to be tiny little tiffs and we get over them after 5 minutes 😂 no relationship is perfect after all and it would be weird if you didn’t argue at all! I also now try and ask my husband how his day is, how he feels, and try and schedule in a chat every night before we go to bed to make sure he’s going to sleep with a clear mind and alleviates any stressful things he is thinking about. Men appreciate this more than we think because it truly shows we care about their feelings and acknowledge that they’re human.

You could also maybe try some counselling regarding fears about parenting? I know that the parenting thing is completely natural, and as many lovely ladies on this thread have said, it comes naturally once baby is here (I imagine for both Mum and Dad!)

Sorry if this was not of much help, but I just thought I’d share my experiences with you and hopefully you’ll be over the worst of this soon. I do think it’s a very normal part of the journey as uncertainty and fear can often manifest themselves in this way and cause arguments amongst you both, but it’s normal and speaking about it all is always better than bottling it up. Best of luck to you 💞
Thank you so so so much for your reply, you’ve definitely made me feel less alone❤. All aspects of this pregnancy hasn’t been what I imagined at all, and this is just another factor that it isn’t always rainbows and sunshine! We’ve had another good chat today, he feels much better now that he’s said it all out loud, we’ve decided we’re gonna have more honest chats. So glad I posted on here, thanks again ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Does anyone else throw up or gag a lot when they cry? I literally just had a crying session (for no reason other than I feel really lonely at the moment) and ended up throwing up🤢

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Wide awake with the worst tickly cough and baby’s going mad in there! Had to Google as I was terrified I was going to hurt him I was coughing that much but I think he’s probably just pissed off that I’ve woke him up 😂

I mostly just lurk on this thread but I do love reading everyone’s different experiences and advice I’ve got so much from it and I love feeling like I’m part of a wee community it’s so comforting! I did try peanut but it’s just not for me tbh much prefer it over here ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Wide awake with the worst tickly cough and baby’s going mad in there! Had to Google as I was terrified I was going to hurt him I was coughing that much but I think he’s probably just pissed off that I’ve woke him up 😂

I mostly just lurk on this thread but I do love reading everyone’s different experiences and advice I’ve got so much from it and I love feeling like I’m part of a wee community it’s so comforting! I did try peanut but it’s just not for me tbh much prefer it over here ❤
Hello! You sound jus like me. Tickle cough, peanut, it all 😂
Also love this page ❤ Hope everyone is doing good. I can’t decide whether to try grab another hours sleep or just get up now at this stage. Sleep isn’t getting any worse but not better either

Reactions: 2
The pain I am in morning noon and night is too much now. My joints, bones, sides, hips, bum, back, and legs are so sore all the time especially when I wake up 😭

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Think I've seen every hour through the night... So anxious, running through every scenario in my head. Not much point tho what will be will be.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
The pain I am in morning noon and night is too much now. My joints, bones, sides, hips, bum, back, and legs are so sore all the time especially when I wake up 😭
honestly I’m the same. Felt like ringing the midwife crying this morning and begging for an induction, had such bad lower back pain all night whilst laid on my side then as soon as I got up it went?? Doesn’t bode well for my sleep for the next few weeks 😩 never felt so useless in all my life, hate being that waddling, whining pregnant woman but that’s all I am at the minute 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
honestly I’m the same. Felt like ringing the midwife crying this morning and begging for an induction, had such bad lower back pain all night whilst laid on my side then as soon as I got up it went?? Doesn’t bode well for my sleep for the next few weeks 😩 never felt so useless in all my life, hate being that waddling, whining pregnant woman but that’s all I am at the minute 😂
Isn’t it awful, I honestly would rather be up all night spending my days sleep deprived with a newborn than dealing with this. I’ve got an appointment with the consultant on Friday and I’m praying they bring my section forward to 38 or even 37 weeks. Because of this Polyhydramnios I’ve absolutely ballooned I reckon I’ve put 4 stone on 😢 I stupidly walked round ikea yesterday and I thought I was having contractions when I got in the car the braxton hicks are so strong and the lightening crotch wowww😭 how many week are you, 36? I’m 35 but convinced by my own dates I’m 37. I’m like a broken record aren’t I 😂😭❤

I also find it better to just get up and out of bed as soon as I wake up no matter what the time, I go downstairs and have a decaf coffee or a raspberry tea and try and enjoy the peace and quiet

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.