Popular expressions/words that need to be banned.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So jelly of you hun.
my little squish is earth side
yas gurl
gotta get my hands on that

Reactions: 4
When people doing makeup tutorials say “and now I’m going in with” to refer to what they’re applying next! “After that I’m going to go in with the concealer.... now I’m going in with some powder”... arhhh sets my teeth on edge.

Reactions: 9
One of my husband's bugbears is when food is described on the menu as 'warm'. Especially a 'warm salad' 🤮

Generally I hate all these Americanism that people in the UK start to use. A specific phrase I hate is people ordering food saying "I'll do the pasta" , how does "do" make any sense in this context?!

Reactions: 7
'It's not rocket science' - People on Facebook after spouting their half-baked solution to the Covid crisis. Seen it about 8 times today alone.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
"Niggardly"

Although its meaning reflects no derogatory racial overtones or references (it means stingy, tight-fisted or plain old mean); phonetically it just sounds wrong and quite offensive in these more enlightened days.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
"Niggardly"

Although its meaning reflects no derogatory racial overtones or references (it means stingy, tight-fisted or plain old mean); phonetically it just sounds wrong and quite offensive in these more enlightened days.
I have never heard this word before, neither did I know it’s meaning. I googled it and now understand - learn something new every day!

Reactions: 3
Not a saying as such, but when people (usually mums) on Facebook share pictures of their child from like 2 weeks ago, with the caption something along the lines of; “He/she has grown so much!” or “Why can’t they stay this size forever? 😭

We get it, babies grow, we don’t need a week-by-week comparison.

Reactions: 6
‘No offence but...’ - just own the fact you are about to be an asshole.

‘University of life’ 🙄

I find the word "Partner" offensive personally.
Yes!! I had this convo with my boyfriend this week. Specially people in their 20’s using it. He’s your boyfriend babe

Reactions: 2
When waiting staff and retail staff say “no problem” when you ask for something as if they are doing you a favour. Of course it’s not a problem, it’s your job!

Feel quite bad about that one, I do appreciate the work they do and I’m saddened about financial losses they face currently.

Last edited:
Not gonna lie
Not being funny
To be honest
Its all a bit random
Future proofing
Fur baby
It is what it is
Hubster/hubby
Hun
Literally
100%
When 'hey' is used for a greeting (unless you're american)

• Haha
Not gonna lie
Not being funny
To be honest
Its all a bit random
Future proofing
Fur baby
It is what it is
Hubster/hubby
Hun
Literally
100%
When 'hey' is used for a greeting (unless you're american)
I agree with about half of these i'd say, especialy things like "it is what it is" which mean absolutely nothing and bring nothing to a conversation

Reactions: 3
I agree with about half of these i'd say, especialy things like "it is what it is" which mean absolutely nothing and bring nothing to a conversation
Oh gosh, I was about to add this one to the list! I HATE it.
It never bothered me that much, until someone I work with said it to me, when my mum got really ill. I was like :oops:
Whenever I hear the phrase now, it takes me back to that moment.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.